Packers going back to Dallas

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game comes down to who wants it more.
Can we show 'em that we do?
I hope so.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its kind of frustrating to read how even though Richardson played very well last week they are going to probably go with MD Jennings because of some damn measurable. I don't care if he can run the 40 faster. I would rather have a more fundamentally sound guy that is slower than a guy with bad fundamentals that is faster. I have faith that Richardson will be in the right place more often than Jennings and that will negate the speed difference. I also have faith that when he is in the right place he will make the plays. Look at some of the bright spots this year...Banjo...Hyde. These guys are not track stars but they seem to be gamers who just make plays when plays are in front of them.

I hope Bush has earned some reps on the d as well.

I think playing those guys I mentioned above goes well with the bend/don't break philosophy. You give up some yards but you hold teams to FG's and allow them to make mistakes and give you the ball back. The 2 worst things that you can have in a bend/don't break scheme is poor tackling and blown assignments. Those make it a bend and then break defense. If you give a guy a 5 yard pass then you have to get him down after those 5 yards, you can't give him the 5 and then blow the tackle for an addition 10 yards. Those guys I mentioned may not look as flashy on paper but I think they will help limit the damage come game time.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its kind of frustrating to read how even though Richardson played very well last week they are going to probably go with MD Jennings because of some damn measurable. I don't care if he can run the 40 faster. I would rather have a more fundamentally sound guy that is slower than a guy with bad fundamentals that is faster. I have faith that Richardson will be in the right place more often than Jennings and that will negate the speed difference. I also have faith that when he is in the right place he will make the plays. Look at some of the bright spots this year...Banjo...Hyde. These guys are not track stars but they seem to be gamers who just make plays when plays are in front of them.

I hope Bush has earned some reps on the d as well.

I think playing those guys I mentioned above goes well with the bend/don't break philosophy. You give up some yards but you hold teams to FG's and allow them to make mistakes and give you the ball back. The 2 worst things that you can have in a bend/don't break scheme is poor tackling and blown assignments. Those make it a bend and then break defense. If you give a guy a 5 yard pass then you have to get him down after those 5 yards, you can't give him the 5 and then blow the tackle for an addition 10 yards. Those guys I mentioned may not look as flashy on paper but I think they will help limit the damage come game time.

Never thought I'd see those words on a Packer forum.

I agree about Richardson. Not sure why Jennings is getting the start after he was benched last week.

lamboscotland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatever it takes to make jerry jones go home pointless after the game again. thats the difference between the cowgirls and us #egotripatdullas - tho he'd never understand that. GO PACK GO

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The odds are stacked against us.
The Cowboys have lost only one home game this season and that was against the Broncos.
Our D isn't that good.
We barely beat a worse team at home. (Atlanta)
On the road without Air-Run.
We have to want it more to win but so far this Packers team has not been showing that they want it more.
I really hope they win but realistically I don't think they will.
So I felt like I had to pick the Cowboys to win.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to those who predicted a Packers win!
Even though I thought that Dallas would win, I'm very glad the Packers did.
Still can't believe it though.
Great effort, great comeback and the defense is finally, FINALLY getting better.
They are the ones who are finishing the games by getting the game ending INT.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had the Cowboys lighting us up for 38, and beating us.
I was wrong.
Although I was right about the defense.
Except the famous December Romo.
The December RomoCoaster.
The Romoceptions!

I was lucky enough to be there...... phone died by halftime dammit.

A lot of things stood out to me in person.
  • #1- that first half was atrocious. Our defense looked like they were chickens with their head cut off. Nobody knew what they were doing. Not the DL, the LB, or the DBs.
  • #2- from the plays I focused on the DL, I never saw BJ Raji make a play. I did see on occasional play from Pickett, Daniels, Datone, but never Raji. If Raji's cost$ is the same as Shields alone, I take Sam. If it's the same as James Jones + 2 other lesser guys, that's a no-brainer.
  • #3- it appeared to me the defense was better with Sean Richardson back there, #28.
  • #4- who is this #54 guy, LB who plays special teams. Let me tell you about him. He's aggressive. He's physical. He doesn't shy away from contact. He seeks it. I like that guy. I love this guy. He has a strange name I can't remember.
  • #5- Our ILBs, from what I saw, were terrible. Thank God the Cowboys are idiots, but it seemed to me every handoff to Murray, there were huge holes and either Hawk or Brad Jones went into the wrong hole, while the other guy was blocked. These guys couldn't sniff anything out.
  • #6- Tyron Smith, the LT for Dallas from USC a few years ago. He did a great job on Matthews and Perry. He stymied them. I was begging for Matthews to step up..... then he was unblocked late, and let Romo squirt away from him.... I yelled at Clay..... then Shields made the great pick.... I yelled good job letting Romo throw Clay!
  • #7- I would estimate there were about 15,000 Packer fans at this game.

Here are some photos I took early. The Lacy GW was right at my goalline. What a comeback.
Romo was right to the right of me looking up at the big board seeing that replay of his last int.... I saw his reaction to KNOWING.
Priceless.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, thanks for sharing the Pics! You lucky bastard - that was one of the best Packer games I have seen in some time! And by the way, I remarked several times to my GF how much cheering and how loud the Packer fans were! You and all the Packer brethren there deserve some applause yourselves!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, thanks for sharing the Pics! You lucky bastard - that was one of the best Packer games I have seen in some time! And by the way, I remarked several times to my GF how much cheering and how loud the Packer fans were! You and all the Packer brethren there deserve some applause yourselves!
Thanks... yes I know lucky bastard..... both the game and the field suite seats.

I think there were about 15,000 of us, and for once, we were smart sometimes, starting the Go Pack Go chant when DALLAS HAD THE BALL..... so then it got loud (as the home crowd wants to drown us out) when THEY had the ball.

Did anyone notice our new guy #54 on TV?
I think just special teams, and they were always touchbacks LOL, but the guy drilled someone anyway and he seeked out contact, was intimidating their guys before kicks were kicked.... pointing at the guy he was going to take head off.
Love this guy.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks... yes I know lucky bastard..... both the game and the field suite seats.

I think there were about 15,000 of us, and for once, we were smart sometimes, starting the Go Pack Go chant when DALLAS HAD THE BALL..... so then it got loud (as the home crowd wants to drown us out) when THEY had the ball.

Did anyone notice our new guy #54 on TV?
I think just special teams, and they were always touchbacks LOL, but the guy drilled someone anyway and he seeked out contact, was intimidating their guys before kicks were kicked.... pointing at the guy he was going to take head off.
Love this guy.
Victor Aiyewa. LB from Washington- and no, I did not notice him.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there were about 15,000 of us, and for once, we were smart sometimes, starting the Go Pack Go chant when DALLAS HAD THE BALL.....
I've never been to a game at Lambeau.
But on TV the only time I hear the Go Pack Go! chant is when the other team gets the ball and Pack is on D-Fence.
Is that always the case or is the GPG chant ever heard for our offense as well?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank: I guess you must be a woman's backside man.
Me, I like seeing the front myself.

Members online

Latest posts