Packers going back to Dallas

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next up is a team that has a better record and on their Astroturf®.
Last time the Pack was in Dallas was for the Super Bowl, I believe. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Different team, same circumstances.
Gotta win an important game.
The odds are going to be against us.
Maybe not so many if Air-Run comes back.

Share your hopes, thoughts, desires, or doom and gloom on this important game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm, honestly I think without Aaron only weather like in Philadelphia yesterday could help us to pull out a win with running the ball most of the snaps.
But I guess this is not very likely to happen in Dallas :rolleyes::D
So I really hope for his return to keep our playoff hopes alive.
And if not we have to make the best of it. ;)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Win, if #12 comes back.

Otherwise, the cowgirls will be the back breaker of our season. Plain and simple. They have Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Jason Whitten and Cole Beasley...... We cant cover half that talent pool right now....Not to mention stop DeMarco Murray.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dallas defense is aweful. We should be able to run the ball all night long with Lacy. This will be Flynns 3rd start in a row. He looked pretty good against Atlanta. It comes down to our defense playing well and keeping us close. I think we have a good chance.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dallas defense is aweful. We should be able to run the ball all night long with Lacy. This will be Flynns 3rd start in a row. He looked pretty good against Atlanta. It comes down to our defense playing well and keeping us close. I think we have a good chance.

I agree. The Bears scored on their first eight possessions and the Dallas defense is horrible. Flynn will be able to air it out for some decent completions, Lacey will run all over them, and if we control the ball and don't make a whole lot of mistakes, our chances are very good even while facing a powerful Romo led offense.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas defense may be awful but their offense is not. They will score on the Packers. It's going to be a high scoring affair.
Tons of luck towards them.
We have not won against the Cowboys in Dallas since 1989 ? :eek:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...nce-2007/1720fcef-add3-4187-8c11-862fc3c03b8c

• This will be the first meeting between the teams since a Week 9 matchup in 2010 at Lambeau Field, a 45-7 Green Bay win. The Packers have won the last two games against the Cowboys (2009-10).
  • The 2010 contest capped off a stretch of four straight seasons (2007-10) where the Packers and Cowboys met.
  • Sunday will mark the Packers’ first game against the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium, which opened in 2009. Green Bay played the Pittsburgh Steelers at the stadium in Super Bowl XLV, then known as Cowboys Stadium, on Feb. 6, 2011.
  • This will be only the third visit to Dallas for the Packers over the past 17 seasons (1997-2013). Green Bay will be looking to win its first game in Dallas against the Cowboys since a 20-10 win at Texas Stadium on Christmas Eve in 1989.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Flynn will have no excuses for this game. The Bears backup QB shredded the Cowboys last week.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
28-34 Dallas... with Flynn

34-24 Green Bay.. if Rodgers plays
At this point, I have no idea.
Packers should be motivated and fired up from beating Atlanta.
Dallas will probably want revenge, at home, against another NFC North team.
On the one hand I want to go with team loyalty and have faith and miracles on the football field can happen.
On the other, Dallas could be the better team against us.
So for now, I'm on the fence with this one and would love some other insights.
(I am leaning towards picking the Packers because they are my team, for better or worse.)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D-Unit;3517889 said:
Feel pretty lousy about the Cowboys right now. A win would cure some ills, but I'm already thinking a higher draft pick might be in our better interests. lol.
It's funny, I run a sports score here in the DFW area, and talked to a lot of Cowboys fans today and this week.

Most of them think we will cream em, no matter if it's not Rodgers. They are disgusted by their defense.

We pretty much feel the same way.
Some of us are fooled a little bit based on this last week's mudder in Lambeau against the 3-10 Falcons. But I'm not.

IMO, this is the true Packers defense right here from the week before:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't see any way in the world Matty Flynn at Dallas will be able to keep up with Romo, DeMarco Murray, Dex Bryant and that offense.

I got the Cows winning 38-24 or 38-27.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got the Cows winning 38-24 or 38-27.
It's nice of you to give us 24-27 points.
In a generous mood tonight? ;)

I kid, I kid.

What is it coming to when fans of either team thinks that their own team is going to lose?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it coming to when fans of either team thinks that their own team is going to lose?
Funny, both of our defenses made Josh McCown look great. They made him look like Joe Montana Monday night.
And, LOL, now Da Bearz are benching him in favor of stronger-armed Jay! LMAO. Classic move there.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Funny, both of our defenses made Josh McCown look great. They made him look like Joe Montana Monday night.
And, LOL, now Da Bearz are benching him in favor of stronger-armed Jay! LMAO. Classic move there.

LOL... that is funny. McCown has played VERY well in cuntlers absense. he puts up big time numbers for being a back up.

I had a thought about cuntler the other day: This is his last year on his current contract.... McCown has been playing well....In March cuntler becomes a free agent....what if the bears decide they dont want to pay him the big bucks he is going to request and stick with the cheaper version in McCown? How funny would that be if the whiny punk cuntler got picked up by...hmmm....the Jags.....or Jets....or browns....

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL... that is funny. McCown has played VERY well in cuntlers absense. he puts up big time numbers for being a back up.

I had a thought about cuntler the other day: This is his last year on his current contract.... McCown has been playing well....In March cuntler becomes a free agent....what if the bears decide they dont want to pay him the big bucks he is going to request and stick with the cheaper version in McCown? How funny would that be if the whiny punk cuntler got picked up by...hmmm....the Jags.....or Jets....or browns....
Most starting QBs are not all that good.
Jay is one of them.
Why he gets so talked about or is a household name is beyond me.
I'm not sure if he is overrated but I think its close.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice of you to give us 24-27 points.
In a generous mood tonight? ;)

I kid, I kid.

it's called reality my friend....some fans face it, some continue to look through their rose colored glasses. I also have a hard time believing we can stop their offense it that building.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think the Packers and Cowboys defenses made McCown look great. I think he's just playing really well. I realize he's helped by having two tall stud receivers, but he's putting the ball in places only they can catch it. I think it was the first td pass he threw against the Packers where he was getting wrapped up by a defender and threw a perfect pass to a well covered Marshall. I was also very impressed this past Monday night with the touch and timing of his screen and swing passes.
I'm not sure where this came from. When the Bears signed him he was coaching a high school team here in Charlotte and, before that, had nondescript stays with the Panthers and Cardinals among others. Maybe he's one of these late bloomers similar to Rich Gannon in Oakland.
Frankly, I think the Bears are making a mistake going with Cutler. I know you shouldn't lose your job to an injury, but when you have a QB playing as well as McCown and you're fighting to get into the playoffs, I believe you should stick with the hot hand. Of course da Bears don't have much experience dealing with one good quarterback, much less two.

As far as our game against the Cowboys, we have two struggling teams in must-win mode going against each other. With or without Rodgers, I'm afraid the difference might come down to the Cowboys playing at home. The last time we played inside on a fast track we looked terrible.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's called reality my friend....some fans face it, some continue to look through their rose colored glasses. I also have a hard time believing we can stop their offense it that building.
True. I also think it's going with one's gut.
Sometimes the logic is right, other times it's the intuition.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I think the Bears are making a mistake going with Cutler. I know you shouldn't lose your job to an injury, but when you have a QB playing as well as McCown and you're fighting to get into the playoffs, I believe you should stick with the hot hand. Of course da Bears don't have much experience dealing with one good quarterback, much less two.
If they want to shoot themselves in the foot, let 'em.
It would be interesting to see if the coach does take out CutlerCrankyPants if he is losing the game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Flynn has just been teasing us
I wish that the Packers would play it being deceptive.
If the Cheats and the Taints can do their dirty tricks, why can't the Pack do something that is sneaky but nowhere near as bad as what those teams did?

Members online

Latest posts