1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers going all white for color rush uniforms

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by C-Lee, Sep 13, 2016.

1. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +352
  2. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I don't mind one way or the other. some don't care too much for the color choice because they think nfl is out to cash in on the white jerseys. didn't know we had to buy them.

However, I think all white gives a more "intimating" approach than all green.

3. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +136
    What is the reason for these uniforms ?

4. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    Could have been worse I guess. But the more they make everything surrounding the game more important, the less important the game becomes.

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    These are just for the Thurs night game against the Bears this season.
    NFL proshop sells the uni's to raise money for some charity. After the NFL gets its cut of course. Bears and Packers just changed the pants out with their normal jerseys. Packers will wear road white at home for the first time since the gory days.

6. jrock645

jrock645 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Was never a big fan of these alternatr and throw back jerseys but whatever. Just a marketing ploy towards casual fans. At least its only a game a year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +182
    It's funny that 9 odd teams are not even wearing their color rush uniforms :roflmao:

Though honestly, I kinda liked the dark blue throwback uniform.

Wonder who'd buy the current white one?

8. JK64

JK64 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +71
    These are better than the yellow uni's I've seen pics of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    It must be for the female viewership...a departure from that "same old look".

In the all-whites, Clay will be an angel descended from heaven, oh my. The mere thought gives me the vapors [sigh, faint]. The linemen will like it...so slimming.

I really hate this sh*t.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +595
    Lol, what a bunch of crotchety grump asses you all are. I think the all white is awesome and there is nothing "feminine" or casual about my fandom. The world changes on a daily basis, change is good.

11. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Nike is evil. BTW, I believe the last time the Packers wore road whites at home was the
    Vinny Testaverde color blind game.

12. RicFlairoftheNFL

RicFlairoftheNFL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I actually like this uni better than the Acme uni.

13. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    It's the NFL's attempt to squeeze more money out of fans by offering something they don't need, another jersey.

14. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    This isn't "change", it's a Nike product placement. "Change" would be the Packers permanently ditching the "green and gold" (or yellow if you prefer) in favor of Hunter's Orange and Snow White. The "win, win" here (often used in the same sentence as "change is good") is Nike getting to do some brand building as "supplier to the NFL" while displaying their wares in a pitch to the vast amateur ranks while the NFL gets paid for the product placement while also putting some "fashion" element into the game to distract from the violence, injuries and drugs in a lame appeal to the second-to-the-last frontier...female viewership. The last frontier is international, but I digress.

Unrelated to this matter, since we are passive observers of this trivial "change" which we take or leave as we sit fit as only tangentially the "changee", shall I elucidate how it comes to be that most change is bad? I don't think anybody wants to hear that. What you do want is to be the beneficiary of as many of the the vert rare genius changes for the good while dodging the impact of as many of those day-in-day-out, time-sucking and enervating pointless or failed changes as you can manage.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  15. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +661
    Fans don't need anything priced at an order of magnitude over its intrinsic value.