Packers GM not ruling Favre out

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers could fail in Green Bay. So could backups and recent recruits Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn. Daunte Culpepper and Drew Bledsoe are highly unlikely to become members of the Pack, either. So Packers GM Ted Thompson is still thinking there is a teensy little chance that Brett Favre could back in Green Bay before the 2008-2009 season is over: "I don't think you can ever say never,” he said “There's always what ifs and anything can happen." (Green Bay Press Gazette)

LINK

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24099661/

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers could fail, Brohm could have an injury, Flynn may decide to become a circus clown. GB is going to have to live with these types of statements for probably a year or two. What if this or what if that. It is expected after Bretts career.

Heck, if there was enough injury on the team they may even look for me to play, a couple hundred thousand injuries though.

We just need to let them slide. Just like Brett has done before, TT gives about the best possible answer you can give to these type of questions.

Strigs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um. Highly unlikely. I've always loved Brett, but if he retires. That's just it. Period. No more. I've never seen TT wanting Brett because Brett is not TT's QB. Even if Brett won the SB, Brett would still IMO basically have the team's control. TT wouldn't control it, Brett would. And cmon, if you give Brian Brohm some time to learn the playbook he could/should/would be a Pro-Bowl caliber QB.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

His stats show he was even better than Matt Ryan, Boston College, (3), Atlanta Falcons.

Lookie here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-04-23-usat-quarterbacks_N.htm

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't mean anything. Zero.....nada.
So there's a one in a trillion chance that Favre plays here again.
I'm betting he won't.
But TT isn't so stupid to say "No! I never want that guy here!"
Besides, i also don't believe TT wanted Favre gone. He and MM gave Favre the choice. It was 100% his choice to make. HE made it, TT didn't, MM didn't.
I think the "TT hates Favre" conspiricies are just made up by people that don't want to accept that Favre chose to walk away.
Face it.........TT and MM's goal is to win Super Bowls. They know how close we came last year. Do you honestly think they would push out one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game? Especially since he was so good, except for a few games? I myself don't believe that. If it were true, they would have ousted Favre after the 4-12 season, wouldn't they? They could have got away with it, saying Favre had lost "it". But they didn't, now did they? Favre didn't get his way in the Moss charade. But it wasn't his job to aquire players. His job was only to QB the Packers. He gave his input, but in the end it was up to TT and MM to decide which moves to make. In the end, Moss decided to go elsewhere. Thats all on Moss in my view. If he REALLY wanted to come here to play with Favre, he would have done what was necessary to come here. In the end, HE chose to go to NE.
I think Moss used the Packers as leverage to get more from the Pats, which is where he wanted to go all along.
JMO

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, lucky thing TT didn't elaborate anymore otherwise that would get blown up out of proportion as well! What are the chances that Rodgers, and our other two will not work out? And that we will not get a veteran before Favre would come back?

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just found the article and posted it geesh... thought it was interesting of what TT said is all. IMO I dont believe Favre will come back but guess we can never say "never". One never knows.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can one honestly see Brett training in the off-season just on the possibility something may happen to the QBs in Green Bay? I mean that Bowflex he has may be good (shameless plug), but there is no way he would be able to get back in game shape on a few weeks notice if he isn't already thinking of coming back this year. My thoughts on the subject.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As much as we love Favre, he's not coming back. Let the man retire in peace! We need to move on, folks!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As much as we love Favre, he's not coming back. Let the man retire in peace! We need to move on, folks!

This is bad. This morning, I dreamed that Favre was starting again and only played for one half and let Rodgers take over in the 2nd half.

It was a dream folks. Weird things happen in my dreams. I fly. People die. There are monsters. Dogs walk upright and talk. It means nothing.

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is living a very peaceful life on 400 acres in Mississippi, but that doesnt mean we cant still talk about him, geesh hes not dead. He is someone that is respected and loved dearly.

And I love that song by Rascal Flatts "Im Moving On"... :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is living a very peaceful life on 400 acres in Mississippi, but that doesnt mean we cant still talk about him, geesh hes not dead. He is someone that is respected and loved dearly.

Oh, I'll continue to talk about him to my Grandkids and Great-Grandkids.

"Grandpa Zombieslayer, tell us that story again about when Brett Favre..."

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

I so much agree Zombie!!! Finally someone that understands what I am saying.. :)

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

I'll show my grandkids his pictures too.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any kids or grandkids...........guess i'll just have to stand and look in the mirror and say "I remember when Brett favre played!"

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the "TT hates Favre" conspiricies are just made up by people that don't want to accept that Favre chose to walk away.
Face it.........TT and MM's goal is to win Super Bowls. They know how close we came last year. Do you honestly think they would push out one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game? Especially since he was so good, except for a few games?

Well said, Cheesy. Favre choose to retire.

Those conspiracy nuts are really nuts. Nobody forced out Favre. You don't get rid of the best QB to ever play the game, and arguably the 2nd best QB of 2007 (and the MVP runner up of '07). I don't see why people can't see that.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts