Packers get their Safety in Manuel?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly, the more I read on marquand, the more i liked. He is still maturing, and he can tackle.

I still dont really want him on the team, and especially at the rumored price...

i still want a quality vet safety(and theres a bit available)

But if we got Marquand, and for a cheap price, I wouldnt be too upset. I would give him a chance (like i do everyone, even carroll, who broke my heart).

Lets wait until free agency actually begins.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
I would rather take chris hope I think he might be cheaper and I know hes younger

I agree. safety is one of the big 3 we need to fill(safety,CB,Oguard)

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, the deal will be in place. What was the agent supposed to say? Do you guys think he'd admit to tampering? Obviously he's lying about not having a deal with the Packers. This happens all the time.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson, on Manuel's disappointing season: "Marquand, quite frankly, didn't play his best football, but he was also blamed sometimes when maybe it wasn't his fault. Clearly there were games he didn't play his best, but I think he did all right. He started the whole season, and that's something. I think he's going to be better next year."

Packers: Framing a foundation

Looks like TT continues to think that the Packers have got their Safety in Manuel.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has done this before....TT is like Lovie Smith in this regard....you can't believe a word out of his mouth.

"Trom, are you saying TT is a liar!?"

Yes

and i REALLY hope thats the case in this specific case. TT also said Carroll was a young kid with great potential. That was code for "If he doesnt step up soon, he is gone."

hopefully this is code for "He started all 16 games....that won't happen in 2007 if continues to suck ****."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TT also said Carroll was a young kid with great potential. That was code for "If he doesnt step up soon, he is gone."

That was true though. He is a young kid with great potential. Having potential and tapping into said potential is a completely different story.

Like you, you have great potential, you just haven't tapped into all of it, yet.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
yeah that makes sense somehow.

ryan, whens that ignore feature gonna be fixed.

I'll take the defensive s tance on this and say I didn't mean for it to be a rip, bro. I'm assuming you're in your early twenties therefore theres no way you could have tapped all of your potential yet.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a case of the fans being right. Even Tromadz didn't like the Manuel signing. What surprised me about Manuel this season was how slow he was. That scouting report suggests that he has decent speed. Maybe he has some kind of injury. He's like a turtle out there. I hope he is gone next year. I wouldn't even feel good about him being a backup.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give Manuel a D for this season. He and the entire defesnive backfield improved greatly, but that may be because of the opponents. Lets see what happens next year.

Members online

Latest posts