packers get kicker E.J. Cochrane and release...

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers got kicker E.J. Cochrane.

hes form Montana State. has anyone seen him play, is he any good???

from packers.com

"Released Tuesday were fullback A.J. Cooper, long snapper Thomas Gafford, wide receiver Chad Lucas, defensive end Montez Murphy, defensive tackle Jerome Nichols, wide receiver Calvin Russell, cornerback Jerron Wishom and quarterback Brian Wrobel".

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no surprise that they would go ahead and cut those guys.......on the kicker situation I thought Rayner was doing good so why the competition...just in case?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
no surprise that they would go ahead and cut those guys.......on the kicker situation I thought Rayner was doing good so why the competition...just in case?

He's probably just a camp leg. They don't want Rayner to get worn out.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They brought that Novak kicker that somebody here mentioned before for a tryout as well. Sounds like they arent too confident.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
They brought that Novak kicker that somebody here mentioned before for a tryout as well. Sounds like they arent too confident.

Packers | Team trying out Novak
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:22:37 -0700

Jason LaCanfora, of the Washington Post, reports free agent PK Nick Novak (Cardinals) cleared waivers and he will try out for the Green Bay Packers Wednesday, Aug. 30. He was waived Monday, Aug. 28, by the Arizona Cardinals.

We should...need to sign him right away

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm not sure its not a lack of confidence as much as it is trying to make sure they get the best Kicker available.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen him play a few times against the Griz. Very erratic kicker. Not much of a leg past 45 yards. Maybe he has gotten better....I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts