Packers get Harry Williams

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like someone TT wants to bring in to see if hr can be the kick returner/5th receiver. What's wrong with that? Every once in a while a guy you sign off the scrap heap turns out to be a Gado. If not, nothing is lost.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
route25 said:
Sounds like someone TT wants to bring in to see if hr can be the kick returner/5th receiver. What's wrong with that? Every once in a while a guy you sign off the scrap heap turns out to be a Gado. If not, nothing is lost.

The problem is this. ESPN, CNNSI, Fox Sports and so on didn't label this guy as a stud and he was not publicly sought after by numerous teams, therefore this addition is a MISTAKE!!!

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
route25 said:

The problem is this. ESPN, CNNSI, Fox Sports and so on didn't label this guy as a stud and he was not publicly sought after by numerous teams, therefore this addition is a MISTAKE!!!

Based on that line of thought, signing Gado was a mistake.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

If everyone gets hurt again this year you can have Williams on your bench as a #6 reciever, practicing with the team all season or you can sign Taco Wallace again and he'll have to learn the playbook, quickly, probably not learn the playbook in time, and be of little use

My good friend who is a jets fan say this guy is a project--alright, maybe McCarthy will work him in as a part of the offense, maybe he sees something in him, he's 6'3, pretty fast, went unnoticed--a small school guy, much like another MISTAKE (Bethune Cookman's) Nick Collins (ok 'mistake' is quoting me, April '05)

However if this guy is the answer for KR, that's pretty dumb, this guy has never handled a ball during an NFL game...I like PENN STATE's Eddie Drummond out on the market from Detroit to maybe, finally, give us a threat returning kicks

Reaction score
Hmmm, J-Walk084, Drummond re-signed with the Lions.

As for the rumor that there is no scout to evaluate talent, if this indeed is the case, then I will be mad. But if this turns out to be true, I will make another tread pointing out something that I believe can justify this sort of thing.

Yes, I said it, this thing can perhaps be justified. I have done some thinking and I believe it was rash of me to panic. I will give TT more time, and I believe he has a plan for going after solid guys that are young and have potential. That is right, I am going to stand by and support TT.... Go ahead let me have it. :p

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DOOM AND GLOOM!!!
I just read this whole thread..........i think there's alot of hand wringing over nothing. If nothing is done by the season, THEN get mad. Otherwise, you are wasting alot of energy. If by season's start things are not in line, THEN i will bash TT. But i don't know whats really going on behind closed doors there, so i don't have enough to judge the situation yet.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
DOOM AND GLOOM!!!
I just read this whole thread..........i think there's alot of hand wringing over nothing. If nothing is done by the season, THEN get mad. Otherwise, you are wasting alot of energy. If by season's start things are not in line, THEN i will bash TT. But i don't know whats really going on behind closed doors there, so i don't have enough to judge the situation yet.

cheesey....all this doom and gloom can turn around in ten seconds. It will only take one thing.......

"I have made a decision to return to the Green Bay Packers for at least two more seasons, to help this franchise get back to the Super Bowl"

Brett Favre

It would be like friggin' Christmas in March around here.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
DOOM AND GLOOM!!!
I just read this whole thread..........i think there's alot of hand wringing over nothing. But i don't know whats really going on behind closed doors there, so i don't have enough to judge the situation yet.

Hey I like this pick up. It is like having a free draft choice only this guy has a year of being in the NFL. Small school and likely an unpolished player but could become something good. The price right.

How can anyone not like getting this guy?

Plenty of free agents available.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harry did not pass his physical with the Packers or the Giants and I have not seen that he had the required surgery yet. A little late now that the draft is complete.

No worries Zero. Forgiveness is abundant here.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:
I believe zero is being sarcastic. I hope so..

and if anyone can't pick up on that, they need to read internet for slammies

wtf was i trying to say here? wow

We need one of those "I'm not really a moron but I play one on the internet" smilies...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Since69 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:
I believe zero is being sarcastic. I hope so..

and if anyone can't pick up on that, they need to read internet for slammies

wtf was i trying to say here? wow

We need one of those "I'm not really a moron but I play one on the internet" smilies...

lol shuddit!!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I opened this thread I was hoping to see 'ol Harry Williams as a 6'5" 335 lbs athletic OL-men. Oh well, he's 6'3'' and fast, Favre has made worse look better.

Members online

Latest posts