Packers Game Vs President's Speech

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ght-schedule/2011/08/31/gIQAW3vcsJ_story.html

What does this mean to us that don't live in Wisconsin, simple instead of watching the Packers play, we'll be forced to watch Obama for a good hour missing out of the game(not that I don't like Obama, I wont if he moves his speech.
WASHINGTON — House Speaker John Boehner is asking President Barack Obama to give his major speech on jobs to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 8 instead of Sept. 7 as requested by the president. Boehner cited a tight House schedule for insisting on the change
I'm more than mad now, when I first saw this on CNN I almost exploded. The one game I've been waiting all summer and spring for I wont be able to watch!!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Stupid politicians...

No way NBC preempts the NFL opener for a speech about job creation.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this is doing is drumming up interest in something that will ultimately be scheduled for a different time.

TheDreamDoctor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh hell no I'm gonna be in Duluth MN you bet i will be traveling to either a sports bar or Superior to watch this game no dam speech for me!

Reaction score
If the first Packer game since the Super Bowl does not air, it will truly be the end of the world for me and any other die-hard Packers Fan. I can not even think about something so cruel! It's like missing your child's wedding.. I would cry if I saw Obama's face pop up during the 4 hours of heaven!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The speech is scheduled for Wednesday night but Boehner wants it moved to Thursday. Draw your own conclusions.

The GOP debate is scheduled for that Wednesday so the Obama administration wanted to schedule the speech for Wednesday. Draw your own conclusions.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
what happened to the firm policy on no politics?

Or did that change with the forum switch?

Come on mods, Im trying to behave here and be "adult" about this.

This isn't about politics. This is about someone possibly interfering with the start of the NFL season. Much more serious than Politics.

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't about politics. This is about someone possibly interfering with the start of the NFL season. Much more serious than Politics.
That's what I meant for when I started it, but once anti-Obama people saw this gave them a reason to make this all political in order to further express their deep hatred for Obama. Here's a simple way around this people could have joked with Obama is a Bears fan. you can go on from their.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I may be blonde, but I'm not dumb. It would be hard to miss the blatent political bashes associated with the dissaproval of the speech date. And I'm not necessarily pointed the finger at you, Raptor, just responding to your post. Also, I do agree that football is more serious than politics. (ps. where the h*ll is the spellcheck???)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've warned before about posting political debates. I'm deleting every post that has political topics.

Since the forum changed to a new software, some people might not have known that any kind of political debate is prohibited, but as of this post, that excuse will no longer fly.

If you start or engage in any kind of political debate (debating about the president giving the speech at the game time is fine, debating that this party sucks or it's this party's fault is not) it may lead to a 10 day ban, and repeated offenses may lead to a permanent ban.

Be warned.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it has escalated to poflawa...

And did I notice it right? Does it say "cheesehead" under your description? Did we win you over already?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
yeah, I think that changed today because last night there were different categories as I recall because mine was due to change at 1825 posts.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts