Packers Future

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I start with what I am about to say I would like to add that this is in no way Favre bashing. Favre is a HOF QB that is a legend. One of the main reasons I started loving the Packers is because of him. Now on with it….

I think in order for us to fix what is wrong we need to first admit that this team is rebuilding. I know that Favre gives us THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN. Yet we are not winning and it is in no way his fault. Looking down the road when this team is ready to win in a few years Favre will be gone, while all parts of the team will be good at this time we will be breaking in a new QB. Why don’t we do this now, we are loosing already so why not put in a guy and give his some snaps so he can get better. b/c if we are going to keep Favre in their until someone better comes along…. Well that wont be happening any time soon. Look at team like the cowboys, they took a chance and it has worked for them. I am not saying who ever is put in will be an instant success but they will get better as time goes on. This season is already done, even if we will out we wont make it to the wildcard so why not use this time to see what we have, if it turns out by the end of the season that we don’t have any thing good other than Favre well then we can get on out knees and beg to him that he will come back. (hehe) I think that we should use the remaining games to look at what we have sitting on the bench, who knows we might strike gold while giving Favre even more time to rest if we need him next year….

Please do NOT turn this thread in to threads like Favre vs world or if you say Favre should not play then you are not a packer fan………..

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imho, putting in a new, inexperienced QB with the line we have would be a disaster waiting to happen. i don't know that any QB could be successful with the team that played last sunday.

i also love favre but can clearly see that he's struggling & seems to have lost a step. :(

if rodgers wasn't injured, i'd be inclined to say - let the kid toss the ball around & get some experience. since he IS injured, i don't see them putting in anybody else.

OP
OP
S

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey Favre was a 4th round pick, why not Ingle Martin the 5th rounder, he was the 3rd guy in line. I say lets just try him for a quarter....

Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
hey Favre was a 4th round pick, why not Ingle Martin the 5th rounder, he was the 3rd guy in line. I say lets just try him for a quarter....

Er, if I am not mistaken, I do believe Favre was a 2nd rounder.... I could be wrong though. :)

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow - madam - nice - makes me feel old AND a little bit like i own a brothel. LOL ;)

sorry...back to the subject at hand... :D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was a 2nd rounder..

His argument is legit. You can only learn so much by sitting on the bench but you need to eventually get a feel of the game. Anyone who has played the game will say the best way to learn the game is to actually playing it. Considering Rodgers has actually helped Favre understand McCarthy's system I think he's more than ready to see time.

Now like stated Rodgers is hurt so this argument really has no realistic shot of coming true.

As for the future of the Pack. I think having a young QB. 4 young offensive lineman, a young receiver, young trio LB's, is a good building block but it's far from a finished project.

OP
OP
S

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow - madam - nice - makes me feel old AND a little bit like i own a brothel. LOL ;)

madam no good???

how about o fair lady...
:thumbsup:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:

madam no good???

how about o fair lady...
:thumbsup:

LOL - i'm just a country girl - no fancy shmancy words are necessary!
;) :D

Members online

Latest posts