Packers free agents

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Of course smart UDFAs look at teams with needs at their position and the Packers certainly offer UDFAs competitive signing bonuses, but one of the reasons so many UDFAs sign with the Packers is Thompson, McCarthy and staff are smart enough to give UDFAs a real chance to make the team. I'm a little surprised but glad more teams aren't following suit. It's really a very low cost no risk way of gambling on an injury, character, or other risk while increasing the team's chances of finding a diamond in the rough.

While they only drafted one OL, these four fill out the roster there. And one of the three OL that look like they'll be challenging at an inside spot should have a decent shot at making the roster. WR Moss will certainly get a long look and could end up on the PS. I read someone describe Richardson (safety from Vandy) as 'looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane' but you never know and there's certainly a need at that position.

The signing of Dezman Moses leads me to making this point: Of course Perry is expected to start immediately; at the very least he better boost the pass rush or they missed badly on him. But when "experts" and Packers fans say Worthy and Daniels don't fit the system I think they are somewhat missing the point. Of course the hope is Worthy will start, hopefully sooner than later. But IMO Worthy was picked mostly for his pass rush potential and Daniels was drafted solely for that purpose. And look at the quote from the AFC scout regarding Moses: "Pass rusher. He's got a knack." If the scout is right and he can translate that knack to the NFL, the kid has a real chance.

Like all of us, the Packers recognize their biggest weakness on D was lack of pressure on the QB. They brought in Muir to team with Raji and Pickett to stop the run. That wasn't the problem. IMO it's reasonable to be optimistic about the defense because they aggressively attacked that weakness. And any player who can consistently pressure the QB 'fits the system'.

Members online

Latest posts