Packers fire Slocum

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

Team has released statement that they've fired the special teams coordinator.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they go outside, who's available? Seems most of the best known ones are locked up.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About time. I'm not sure I want zook taking over unless he just sat back and observed this year and evaluated slocum more than anything.

Atesh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think special teams played much better than previous years but still they were not enough good to win NFC title game, last Seattle lost was just about special teams' mistakes consequently it is right time to end Slocum's Packers career.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

About time. I'm not sure I want zook taking over unless he just sat back and observed this year and evaluated slocum more than anything.

After watching the unit's performance in 2014 I don't want Zook to take over.

I think special teams played much better than previous years but still they were not enough good to win NFC title game.

Aside of Micah Hyde returning punts and Mason Crosby they were terrible way before the Seahawks game.

H

HardRightEdge

I think special teams played much better than previous years but still they were not enough good to win NFC title game, last Seattle lost was just about special teams' mistakes consequently it is right time to end Slocum's Packers career.
The 7 blocked kicks did him in. One down, one to go. ;)

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he did his best. We won a Super Bowl with him. Thanks for your efforts and good luck to you down the road (except when you're playing the Packers)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my after hearing the Clements and big unit comments. I think there was a general unspoken feeling that his guy was inept as STC.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Needed to be done. It seemed there were several years when slocum was under question. Now we can move forward.

Brad Jones your next.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally the ST this year besides Crosby and Hyde were beyond awful. Had we had a quality ST coach that fake FG by the Hawks would of never happen and we would of been going on to the SB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they go outside, who's available? Seems most of the best known ones are locked up.

i highly doubt all the up n coming coaches of the world are locked up. It's not like we are looking for a head coach.

Give me an ambitious younger guy from the college ranks

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when does the architect of non stop defensive collapses go? Until that happens, nothing is going to change.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer special teams stunk it up and Slocum deserved to get axed. I think the quick firing sends the right message to the team that performance should trump loyalty.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting but upon looking closer....Snyder is the son of Bill Snyder the HC. He is also associate HC and director of operations. He is basically the next HC there. Not happening IMO.

Members online

Latest posts