1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Fans - Class of the NFL

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CHItoGB, Jan 20, 2012.

1. CHItoGB

CHItoGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to the Packers fans on the board and in attendance at Lambeau Sunday, you guys truly are the class of the NFL.

I've been to many stadiums in many cities to support Big Blue and Packers fans by far outclass them all. We made the trek out from dirty jersey (16 hour drive) and before we could even unload our tailgate Packers fans were welcoming us and offering us food and drink. Inside the stadium we received the same if not better treatment. We were the butt of some jokes in jest but that was pretty much the extent of it. You guys know your football and your harder on your team than any opposing fan could be. I was saying last year and before the game this year if it can't be the Giants I hope it's the Pack and I'll root the same going forward.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Giants and if any of you make it out our way next year or a few years down the line I'd be happy to return the favor of being a gracious host. We tailgate for every game so if you find yourself in the swamps of jersey drop me a line on here.

Video From Our Tailgate at Lambeau: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/news/top-stories/Giants-Fans-Trek-to-Wisconsin-for-Playoff/137389078

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 6
  2. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I'm glad that you have fond memories of our historic stadium and generous hospitality. The final score, not so much. ;)

3. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    It's aways good to hearabout the home team folks treating the opposing fans with respect and hospitality. Hey,I would be gald if the opposing fans could not locate a single ticket -- but once they are their let them feel safe and enjoy some football.

I heard lots of Saints' fans say they were treated very well in GB at the opener.

BTW, to the OP - if you are heading to SF don't expect the same treatment there. The reports I have heard have been terrible -- they go waaaay past good natured ribbing.

4. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    I went to HS in Jersey and may have the chance to be out there again sometime in next Fall. Never thought of going to a Giants game but if I can hook up with you I just might!

5. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    I can deal with the fact the Giants won......but the fans wearing the Bleu Cheesehead hats....NOT!;)

6. KTH

KTH Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I saw the Giants at the Stick on a Monday night in 1990. It was not too bad. No good-natured fun or hospitality… but if you did not ask for trouble you likely did not find any.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Glad to have you! It makes me happy to hear how Pack fans treat other team's fans with respect in their own home and can even be gracious in defeat. Congrats to your Giants again on the win, I can imagine there must of been many Pack fans walking around with sad eyes, yet they were gracious all the same.

8. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    CHItoGB, thanks for the kind words! Sadly I was not at the game, but I am glad to know that you had a great time while you were there! The Packers really do strive for honor on and off the field and the spans from coaches to players to fans to the front office. Next year though, you won't be so lucky =D

9. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    By the by, were you ON the news cast? Which one were you? I have a feeling that you may have been the guy saying "We've been welcomed with open arms" and something about "The greatest fans in the NFL?" A guy wearing a white Giants jersey, couldn't see the number, didn't really look at the shoulders.

10. CHItoGB

CHItoGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah....surprisingly my ugly mug made the final cut.....that was me in the white.....my buddies are bustin my chops and now calling me Jimmy Two Times...."Great people.....great people...." -

Been to games at the Vet and Jets games......they don't gt much worse than that but thanks for the heads up about SF.

11. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    Hey ChitoGB, at the end of the day I really appreciate your pure good-sported faness (Yes, I just made that word up, but honestly I don't know how else to say it.) I wish all other teams fans were like you. Sure, in your head you can wish that Ryan Grant would break his legs, but you'll always be gracious and kind on the exterior.

12. Jariah

Jariah Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I was thinking that guy was you, before I read your last comment, nice to see some Giants fans with class.

13. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    Our fans may be a little too nice - half of them selling their tickets to Giants fans, making home-field advantage moot.

14. CHItoGB

CHItoGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Just wanted to say my offer still stands for anyone making the trek out to NJ next year. Word around the campfire is this may the Thursday Night NFL kickoff matchup Week 1. If you're going to be there feel free to drop me a line and you're more than welcome to hit up our tailgate.

Proud to share the 4-ring club with the Packers organization.

15. Rocky11

Rocky11 Superbowl bound Pack

Ratings:
    +62
    That is awesome. I took my family to a couple of Thanksgiving day games in Detroit when Farve was the quarterback. Didn't get that Green Bay treatment that you enjoyed. The fans were rude and gave us a lot of crap since we were wearing Packer jerseys. Even after the game was over (we kicked their butts) we were waiting for my wife to use the bathroom and Detroit fans gave crap to almost every Packer fan who walked by. We tried it twice and I don't think we will ever go back. We need to drive out to Green Bay soon.

16. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    This is what drives me crazy. I think any season ticket holder that sells playoff tickets to opposing team fans should forfit their tickets altogether. There are Packer fans who will NEVER be able to get season tickets, then you have fans selling tickets to OTHER team fans. FOR SHAME!

17. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Glad you had a great time. Even during a loss, Packer fans are classy. I was at the game where Rodgers broke his foot, Green Bay got their asses handed to them by the Pats, 41-0, only people acting like jerks where Pats fans

18. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    what in the world is your signature pic/clip from?

19. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Doctor Who, that is Karen Gillian who play's Amy Pond/Williams on the show.

20. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Wow, I am going to have to start watching Dr. Who again. We go wayyyyy back.

21. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    She's the 11th Doctor's Companion along with here fiance/husband Rory Williams