Packers Fans - Class of the NFL

CHItoGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to the Packers fans on the board and in attendance at Lambeau Sunday, you guys truly are the class of the NFL.

I've been to many stadiums in many cities to support Big Blue and Packers fans by far outclass them all. We made the trek out from dirty jersey (16 hour drive) and before we could even unload our tailgate Packers fans were welcoming us and offering us food and drink. Inside the stadium we received the same if not better treatment. We were the butt of some jokes in jest but that was pretty much the extent of it. You guys know your football and your harder on your team than any opposing fan could be. I was saying last year and before the game this year if it can't be the Giants I hope it's the Pack and I'll root the same going forward.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Giants and if any of you make it out our way next year or a few years down the line I'd be happy to return the favor of being a gracious host. We tailgate for every game so if you find yourself in the swamps of jersey drop me a line on here.

Video From Our Tailgate at Lambeau: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/news/top-stories/Giants-Fans-Trek-to-Wisconsin-for-Playoff/137389078

Thanks again!

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's aways good to hearabout the home team folks treating the opposing fans with respect and hospitality. Hey,I would be gald if the opposing fans could not locate a single ticket -- but once they are their let them feel safe and enjoy some football.

I heard lots of Saints' fans say they were treated very well in GB at the opener.

BTW, to the OP - if you are heading to SF don't expect the same treatment there. The reports I have heard have been terrible -- they go waaaay past good natured ribbing.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to the Packers fans on the board and in attendance at Lambeau Sunday, you guys truly are the class of the NFL.

I've been to many stadiums in many cities to support Big Blue and Packers fans by far outclass them all. We made the trek out from dirty jersey (16 hour drive) and before we could even unload our tailgate Packers fans were welcoming us and offering us food and drink. Inside the stadium we received the same if not better treatment. We were the butt of some jokes in jest but that was pretty much the extent of it. You guys know your football and your harder on your team than any opposing fan could be. I was saying last year and before the game this year if it can't be the Giants I hope it's the Pack and I'll root the same going forward.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Giants and if any of you make it out our way next year or a few years down the line I'd be happy to return the favor of being a gracious host. We tailgate for every game so if you find yourself in the swamps of jersey drop me a line on here.

Video From Our Tailgate at Lambeau: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/news/top-stories/Giants-Fans-Trek-to-Wisconsin-for-Playoff/137389078

Thanks again!

I went to HS in Jersey and may have the chance to be out there again sometime in next Fall. Never thought of going to a Giants game but if I can hook up with you I just might!

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, to the OP - if you are heading to SF don't expect the same treatment there. The reports I have heard have been terrible -- they go waaaay past good natured ribbing.

I saw the Giants at the Stick on a Monday night in 1990. It was not too bad. No good-natured fun or hospitality… but if you did not ask for trouble you likely did not find any.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to have you! It makes me happy to hear how Pack fans treat other team's fans with respect in their own home and can even be gracious in defeat. Congrats to your Giants again on the win, I can imagine there must of been many Pack fans walking around with sad eyes, yet they were gracious all the same.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CHItoGB, thanks for the kind words! Sadly I was not at the game, but I am glad to know that you had a great time while you were there! The Packers really do strive for honor on and off the field and the spans from coaches to players to fans to the front office. Next year though, you won't be so lucky =D

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the by, were you ON the news cast? Which one were you? I have a feeling that you may have been the guy saying "We've been welcomed with open arms" and something about "The greatest fans in the NFL?" A guy wearing a white Giants jersey, couldn't see the number, didn't really look at the shoulders.

OP
OP
CHItoGB

CHItoGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah....surprisingly my ugly mug made the final cut.....that was me in the white.....my buddies are bustin my chops and now calling me Jimmy Two Times...."Great people.....great people...." -
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Been to games at the Vet and Jets games......they don't gt much worse than that but thanks for the heads up about SF.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey ChitoGB, at the end of the day I really appreciate your pure good-sported faness (Yes, I just made that word up, but honestly I don't know how else to say it.) I wish all other teams fans were like you. Sure, in your head you can wish that Ryan Grant would break his legs, but you'll always be gracious and kind on the exterior.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks again!

I was thinking that guy was you, before I read your last comment, nice to see some Giants fans with class.

OP
OP
CHItoGB

CHItoGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to say my offer still stands for anyone making the trek out to NJ next year. Word around the campfire is this may the Thursday Night NFL kickoff matchup Week 1. If you're going to be there feel free to drop me a line and you're more than welcome to hit up our tailgate.

Proud to share the 4-ring club with the Packers organization.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
That is awesome. I took my family to a couple of Thanksgiving day games in Detroit when Farve was the quarterback. Didn't get that Green Bay treatment that you enjoyed. The fans were rude and gave us a lot of crap since we were wearing Packer jerseys. Even after the game was over (we kicked their butts) we were waiting for my wife to use the bathroom and Detroit fans gave crap to almost every Packer fan who walked by. We tried it twice and I don't think we will ever go back. We need to drive out to Green Bay soon.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our fans may be a little too nice - half of them selling their tickets to Giants fans, making home-field advantage moot.

This is what drives me crazy. I think any season ticket holder that sells playoff tickets to opposing team fans should forfit their tickets altogether. There are Packer fans who will NEVER be able to get season tickets, then you have fans selling tickets to OTHER team fans. FOR SHAME!

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad you had a great time. Even during a loss, Packer fans are classy. I was at the game where Rodgers broke his foot, Green Bay got their ***** handed to them by the Pats, 41-0, only people acting like jerks where Pats fans

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad you had a great time. Even during a loss, Packer fans are classy. I was at the game where Rodgers broke his foot, Green Bay got their ***** handed to them by the Pats, 41-0, only people acting like jerks where Pats fans

what in the world is your signature pic/clip from?

Members online

Latest posts