Packer's fan...Do you really wanna win or look good losing?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an important season.

1) Rodgers is entering the part of his career, where his weapons around him are just as important as his talents and ability to elevate the team.
2) McCarthy has been around for a decade, with brutal postseason losses, and questionable game-time decisions.
3) Many players are finishing or entering into contract years following the 2017 season.
4) Since 2011, it has been Super Bowl or bust...for the last six seasons...glory has been denied.
5) Over his career, TT places an ill-conceived emphasis on UDFAs and not actual FAs

If the Packers don't make it to Super Bowl 52, wholesale changes may need to come into play.

Packer's fan...Do you really wanna win or look good losing?

What say you?

D

Deleted member 6794

If the Packers don't make it to Super Bowl 52, wholesale changes may need to come into play.

As long as the Packers make the playoffs I don't expect wholesale changes to be made even if the team doesn't advance to the Super Bowl.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got lucky and won a Super Bowl with this duo, which now means we are pretty much stuck with them until TT decides to step down. We've got to hope we can get hot and healthy in January again! Having the best players and/or the best coach is not going to happen nor does it have to to win it all.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are seeing a pretty drastic change to the team this year. Really mixing it up. Lang, tretter, lacy, datone, peppers, hyde, cook. All gone....you could add Sitton, sheilds and Stark's to that list too....that's nearly a third of all our starters , and a few of the top backups on top of it..... wow

In return we got Perry, Elliott, House, Bennett, kendricks, and Barclay..... Perry we already had. And now the te position is stacked...Elliott and Barclay we had, and they got to stay..... house was a great pickup.

Basicly we lost 10 good to great guys and gained 2 tes and a qb. So far......
Sounds like change to me

Bring in AP.....

I just like to throw that in randomly.....but Yea, bring in AP.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as TPTB buy into the once your in the playoffs anything can happen mantra, nothing will change. If the OP has any influence into those decisions, and he wants change, he needs to make it happen. My influence boils down to ranting on an internet board and not buying jerseys of current players. Also selling concessions during games in the stadium.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are seeing a pretty drastic change to the team this year. Really mixing it up. Lang, tretter, lacy, datone, peppers, hyde, cook. All gone....you could add Sitton, sheilds and Stark's to that list too....that's nearly a third of all our starters , and a few of the top backups on top of it..... wow

In return we got Perry, Elliott, House, Bennett, kendricks, and Barclay..... Perry we already had. And now the te position is stacked...Elliott and Barclay we had, and they got to stay..... house was a great pickup.

Basicly we lost 10 good to great guys and gained 2 tes and a qb. So far......
Sounds like change to me

Bring in AP.....

I just like to throw that in randomly.....but Yea, bring in AP.

AP could be interesting. He'd definitely run harder against the Vikqueens. The defense is probably still intimadated by him, like having to fight your big brother.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more times you make the playoffs, the more chances you get to the SB. That being said Ted has not capitalized on the fact that he has one of the best QB's ever. Get there and hope for luck, few injuries, and whatever helps you get to the top of the mountain.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will take the ugliest win every day of the week over the prettiest loss possible. Not that I think there is any way to look pretty while losing.

The only ugly win I appreciate is the SB. Anything prior to that does not portend well for the rest of the season.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This question is stupid. Any TRUE fan wants 19-0 with 19 shutouts every season, and realizes that if we're not doing that improvements need to be made. "Look good losing?" Man that's a Chicago Bears philosophy!

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This question is stupid. Any TRUE fan wants 19-0 with 19 shutouts every season, and realizes that if we're not doing that improvements need to be made. "Look good losing?" Man that's a Chicago Bears philosophy!
Agreed.

Win. Nothing else matters.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah, the poor Bears.
I feel sorry for them.
Not!!

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You mean Dallas Cowboys' philosophy. It's not a stupid question, but there's a lot of stupid answers. Look...I'm all about solutions. Throughout my posts, it's about winning in spite of TT and idiotic Packer's fans that are cheapskates that question my opinions as if their own money is on the line. Do you know how grateful we should be to have a football team with a rich legacy? To have two multiple winning MVPs/Super Bowl Champ QBs back to back? "I wouldn't waste my money on that player!!!" C'mon man. You gotta spend to win. Draft and develop is for the Browns or 49ers, not a perrenial Super Bowl contender. All the free agents signed for less than any of us imagined. Reality is...The Vikings are stockpiling. They want to take us out. The NFC is a gauntlet, the NBA's version of the Western Conference. Not only do we want to be the team left standing in the NFC, but also have the depth and "testy bags" to finish off the AFC Champs, which will be NE. We should keep moving forward not stand still waiting on AR12 to play savior season after season. Complacency is a form of death.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The only ugly win I appreciate is the SB. Anything prior to that does not portend well for the rest of the season.

Well, an ugly win is still better than any kind of playoff loss ending the team's season.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hadn't really thought of it when stated that way, but certainly true. I guess I just hear about the 'a win is a win' position almost exclusively during the regular season. The carry-over, for me, is that the ugly playoff win drops confidence in winning the next one. Of course, another factor, as always in these forums, is the definition of 'ugly', and that's never going to be resolved.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Was replying mostly to WIMM's post about ugly post-season wins.

2. What about the that game 'defines' ugly in the sense that we can view other games and rate them? Anything at the boundaries of anything are pretty easy to nail, it's the large percentage of gray area that's tough to determine.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean Dallas Cowboys' philosophy. It's not a stupid question, but there's a lot of stupid answers. Look...I'm all about solutions. Throughout my posts, it's about winning in spite of TT and idiotic Packer's fans that are cheapskates that question my opinions as if their own money is on the line. Do you know how grateful we should be to have a football team with a rich legacy? To have two multiple winning MVPs/Super Bowl Champ QBs back to back? "I wouldn't waste my money on that player!!!" C'mon man. You gotta spend to win. Draft and develop is for the Browns or 49ers, not a perrenial Super Bowl contender. All the free agents signed for less than any of us imagined. Reality is...The Vikings are stockpiling. They want to take us out. The NFC is a gauntlet, the NBA's version of the Western Conference. Not only do we want to be the team left standing in the NFC, but also have the depth and "testy bags" to finish off the AFC Champs, which will be NE. We should keep moving forward not stand still waiting on AR12 to play savior season after season. Complacency is a form of death.

Maybe I misunderstand you here, but it seems you are making me into a Ted Thompson apologist/lemming which I'm not at all. Ted has been under performing since he got here, and we've let him live on 1 Superbowl ring while he's been chasing the rosters problems since he broke up the O-Line in '06. Let's also be honest, he pulled the trigger on Rodgers too quickly as evidenced by Favre being a better QB and having a better record the first two years that Rodgers was a starter when we were 6-10 and 10-6 respectively. In my eyes Ted has done just enough for Mark Murphy to NOT notice that he's terrible at his job, and for the fans to not care. We are TITLE TOWN USA, not "Make it to the playoffs and get embarassed ville". If Mark ever finds that sign in Green Bay, Ted's fired!

Members online

Latest posts