Packers Fan Base

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a member of this forum for a few years now and it has become somewhat common for other teams fans to come on here before our game against them and after the game say how they appreciate how first class our fan base is. I always just assumed that it was just common curtsy from the visiting fans and that all fan bases are as respectful as the people on this forum, but after going on another team's forums this mourning (Seahawks), I have to say that I now understand why other fans say we are first class. The Seahawks fan base seems like it is mostly made up of the worst type of fans. I figured each fan base was mostly made up of classy fans with a few classless fans that ruined a teams image, but it seems like the opposite in Seattle. Their fan base fits their classless players.

While I was reading what these classless fans were saying it made me really appreciate how great and first class our fan base, especially on this forum. I'm glad that I can say I am part of this fan base now that I have seen what other fan bases are like.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Sherman just said to stop typing a message like that or he will erase your hard drive real quick.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Sherman just said to stop typing a message like that or he will erase your hard drive real quick.
Actually Sherman is not that bad of a guy from something I just read about him.
And I would love to have him as a Packer.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a member of this forum for a few years now and it has become somewhat common for other teams fans to come on here before our game against them and after the game say how they appreciate how first class our fan base is. I always just assumed that it was just common curtsy from the visiting fans and that all fan bases are as respectful as the people on this forum, but after going on another team's forums this mourning (Seahawks), I have to say that I now understand why other fans say we are first class. The Seahawks fan base seems like it is mostly made up of the worst type of fans. I figured each fan base was mostly made up of classy fans with a few classless fans that ruined a teams image, but it seems like the opposite in Seattle. Their fan base fits their classless players.

While I was reading what these classless fans were saying it made me really appreciate how great and first class our fan base, especially on this forum. I'm glad that I can say I am part of this fan base now that I have seen what other fan bases are like.
I dunno. I don't like it when fans of other teams come here.
Like right after our recent loss to the 40Whiners they were all like: Great game! You guys have a great team for years to come!
It just felt condescending or patronizing to me and it did not help in any way of getting over the hurt of that loss.
I can't wait till next season. I want us to win now!
When the season is over, it is over.
(Thankfully, now those very same 40Whiners fans are experiencing what we felt when we lost to them. And, even better, it's against a hated team of theirs!)
In a way they were rubbing it in our faces but in a subliminal kind of way.
(At least that's how it felt to me.)
I mean, would they have come back and congratulated us for the win?
I doubt it.

OP
OP
Jordyruns

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of them seem like they would have. I doubt as many yes but some of those fans I would like to hope are classy enough still come here and say good game regardless of the outcome.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Some of the visitors were okay. I personally didn`t mind some of them engaging in interesting conversation and bigged up their team as was expected, but some :rolleyes: ffs.
Last year, two of them were arguing with each other about THEIR team on here, I made a joking remark and one of them went off in a strop and never came back, and I ended up the villian....lol
THAT`S the thing that really gets up my craw. I had to go on the Broncos site last night to follow the game, and speaking personally they were polite, friendly and appreciated my comments, although I see some of our own members have said totally the opposite. I guess its a case of to each his own.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...after going on another team's forums this mourning (Seahawks), I have to say that I now understand why other fans say we are first class. The Seahawks fan base seems like it is mostly made up of the worst type of fans. I figured each fan base was mostly made up of classy fans with a few classless fans that ruined a teams image, but it seems like the opposite in Seattle. Their fan base fits their classless players.
Do you have any links to show what you mean regarding classless fans on Seahawks forums?
I'm interested in seeing that.

And it goes both ways.
Here's a post by a butt hurt, angry, jealous 40Whiners fan who posted this on a Broncos forum after their well deserved loss.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?228830-49ers-Fan-Visiting-quot-Beat-Seahawks!-quot

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw some Skittles flying at Bowman when he was carted off. Hope I am misremembering, but I don't think I am. Just sayin'.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of the visitors were okay. I personally didn`t mind some of them engaging in interesting conversation and bigged up their team as was expected, but some :rolleyes: ffs.
Last year, two of them were arguing with each other about THEIR team on here, I made a joking remark and one of them went off in a strop and never came back, and I ended up the villian....lol
THAT`S the thing that really gets up my craw. I had to go on the Broncos site last night to follow the game, and speaking personally they were polite, friendly and appreciated my comments, although I see some of our own members have said totally the opposite. I guess its a case of to each his own.
Exactly.

You will have fans of all types coming in all different shades.
However Lambeau is always rated as #1 or very high on lists of NFL stadiums to visit and that is in large part due to the fans and I've read many stories on here of how opposing fans are treated with respect when they visit Lambeau and how Packers fans have been treated poorly when visiting away games in some stadiums.
And the 40Whiners 'Hawks rivalry seems more hated and bitter than the Bears/Packers one.
Yes, Packers fans are classy but so are other fans of other teams.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been reading that things were thrown at him.
By the 13th man.

I can honestly say that, that would NOT fly at Lambeau and I think most would agree. I know I would not let it happen if I was around the guy tossing stuff. That's as bad as it gets.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I've been reading that things were thrown at him.
By the 13th man.
My mom saw some Bears fan dumping beer on the visiting opponent once during a Bears game, decided right then to join the Green and Gold. And Bowman just got screwed royally on that play, that was terrible decision on those select Seahawks fans.

And there are good fans during the game and bad. I remember at a Packers/Giants game in 2010 there was a Giant's fan that kept yelling "Come on Eli" and I'd yell throw a pick. That caught on and he quit yelling it. I didn't punch him or stab him, and if you stab someone at a game you are a bad fan.

OP
OP
Jordyruns

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres the one I read, just seems like they are fine that Sherman had no class last night and that you should not at all care about what others teams think of you. Another thread they were joking about fans throwing popcorn at bowman as he was carted off. I just don't think that would happen to the scale it seems to on that board here.
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87062

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres the one I read, just seems like they are fine that Sherman had no class last night and that you should not at all care about what others teams think of you. Another thread they were joking about fans throwing popcorn at bowman as he was carted off. I just don't think that would happen to the scale it seems to on that board here.
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87062
I think we would have seen a lot of the same stuff here on the forum had it been our team, except for the throwing of the popcorn, which I would hope none of our fans would do.
Each fan believes in their team right or wrong.
I think that Seahawks fans have more of an aggressive passion towards their team then we do towards ours.
I don't really see anything on there yet that has me feeling like judging one fan base as being any better than another.
And I'm perfectly fine with what Sherman did and said because I hate, hate, hate the 40Whiners with a passion. So maybe I am being biased.

D

Dan115

My mom saw some Bears fan dumping beer on the visiting opponent once during a Bears game, decided right then to join the Green and Gold. And Bowman just got screwed royally on that play, that was terrible decision on those select Seahawks fans.

And there are good fans during the game and bad. I remember at a Packers/Giants game in 2010 there was a Giant's fan that kept yelling "Come on Eli" and I'd yell throw a pick. That caught on and he quit yelling it. I didn't punch him or stab him, and if you stab someone at a game you are a bad fan.
stab him elsewhere?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we would have seen a lot of the same stuff here on the forum had it been our team, except for the throwing of the popcorn, which I would hope none of our fans would do.
Each fan believes in their team right or wrong.
I think that Seahawks fans have more of an aggressive passion towards their team then we do towards ours.
I don't really see anything on there yet that has me feeling like judging one fan base as being any better than another.
And I'm perfectly fine with what Sherman did and said because I hate, hate, hate the 40Whiners with a passion. So maybe I am being biased.

nope...not true...Packer fans are at least a little more realistic and don't like that crap from our players. how many times did we hear a certain LB get booooed at home when he would dance like an idiot after making his first play in 8 games?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House has been up and down, but the guy has talent. I consider him an open book.

I don't think House will ever crack the starting lineup once Hayward is 100% healthy and Hyde gains more experience. If Shield is resigned i can see House sliding all the way down to the #5 corner because i don't think he's better than Shields, Hayward, Hyde or Williams would you agree? Does he have talent? sure he does, but every NFL player has some talent.. he doesn't have more talent than any of the other four i listed above tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts