Packers & Falcons-What are you going to be looking for?

FilthySouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a falcons fan, I'm going to be looking at the Falcons' run defense. My stomach hurts thinking about a repeat of what happened to my team at the end of last season. Some guys on the Atlanta boards claim that they cant stack up well against other teams O-lines because we play against the zone blocking scheme in practice, so this weekend should answer some things for us regarding that theory. On a side note, Jags is a great coach, but you have to be dedicated to the run for that system to work because the traditional playing weight of the O-line tends to be a little smaller, and that can compromise pass protection if the QB hangs in the pocket for too long. Anyway, I'm curious what you guys will be looking for from your team heading into this weekend. Lets hear some replies, and have a happy season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im going to be looking at the oline and see if they improve(not all pro style, but improved) and the running game. our D did ok last game so im not worried or concerned about that one bit.

and kicking game. yep.

should be a good one. will vick play a lot?

OP
OP
F

FilthySouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
im going to be looking at the oline and see if they improve(not all pro style, but improved) and the running game. our D did ok last game so im not worried or concerned about that one bit.

and kicking game. yep.

should be a good one. will vick play a lot?

I doubt Vick will play more than one series, but he could play more.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he almost ogt his leg ripped off last week, but they called the play dead while the guy had his leg. lucky

Reaction score
- O-line improvement. I'll take anything, just get me something to work with in terms of improvement.

- WR: Who will step up? Ferggy/Jennings in the #2 WR battle race, Gardner if he seems to realize finally to play harder, Boerigter to see if he isn't a waste of talent, Rodgers to see if he is actually going to be able to catch and hang onto the ball and if he can do anything with it after.

- RB: Green getting some reps in a while (if he plays)

- D If it is more settled, the players aren't free lancing out there.

- Punting: If Ryan has gotten any better at kicking the ball faster.

Falcons:

- Vick: has he improved as a passer. Highy overrated IMO.

- Schuab: If last years start was a fluke or not.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Interior Offensive Line - I know Clifton and Tauscher will do they're thing as the year goes on but these guys in the middle need to step up. I just want to see improvement. Game to Game improvement is what I'm looking for.

2. Hawk and Hodge - Probably the future of this teams backing core. I want to see them continue they're progress well.

3. Jennings, Gardner, Ferguson - Someone step up. Jennings needs to have a consistent game. He struggled early last week but played well. Gardner made some nice plays Saturday but let's see it continue. Same can be said for Ferguson.

4. Favre and Rodgers - Favre needs to play smarter this year. He looked solid with his decisions last week. I want too see him do it again. I wanna see Rodgers play like he did a week ago.

5. Kickers and Punters - I'd like too see a long kick from Cundiff. Just too see what he's got. Ryan and Sander's battle continues.

6. Run Defense - One of the best running games in football is in Atlanta. Let's see how we do.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Packers had no penalities(i think) until the second half in which they ended with a total of four. I would like to see that continue.

I'd like to see someone other than Davenport start at RB.

I'd like to see Driver and Jennings 1 and 2 for WR and let Fergie come in as 3rd WR.

I'd like to see the offensive line make the trip to the field instead of staying at home.

Less Favre, more Rodgers. Favre only needs a quarter or two to get back into the groove. No reason to waste his time and risk injury to him.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'd like to see the offensive line make the trip to the field instead of staying at home.

Less Favre, more Rodgers. Favre only needs a quarter or two to get back into the groove. No reason to waste his time and risk injury to him.

Agree 100 % Z2C !!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Zero2Cool said:

Agree 100 % Z2C !!!

ditto!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. O-line performance

2. Will the TEs get involved?

3. Jennings' continued ascent.

4. The number of ****** sores on Ron's face.

5. Linebackers.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to step up and win the punting competition (based on how poorly our offense has played, they each should have a bunch of chances to try).

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I'm looking for someone to step up and win the punting competition (based on how poorly our offense has played, they each should have a bunch of chances to try).

Actually it would be nice if we didn't see a punt all game. :wink:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
TOPackerFan said:

Actually it would be nice if we didn't see a punt all game. :wink:

I agree, but only to the extent that the reason we don't see a punt is because we score on all of our possessions, not because of turnovers. I'm not, however, holding my breath.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see some pressure on the opposing QB from the Packers Defensive Linemen!!

And I'd like to see some of the rookie offensive linemen pick up a blitz and do a better job of protecting our QB....not to mention open some holes for the running game

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
I'd like to see some pressure on the opposing QB from the Packers Defensive Linemen!!

And I'd like to see some of the rookie offensive linemen pick up a blitz and do a better job of protecting our QB....not to mention open some holes for the running game

Excellent post! Probably the two things I'm looking for also.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Plays I think he can out play Dunn but either way both wont play much. However I'm sure Duckett will out play Davenport.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-line has to protect the QB. RB's have to gain some yards. D line has to put some pressure on the QB.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
If Green Plays I think he can out play Dunn but either way both wont play much. However I'm sure Duckett will out play Davenport.

I don't think Green is going to play until game 3 of the preseason. The one where the starters play the most.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be looking for improvement in our O-line.

Would like to see a few big plays on both sides of the ball. Need some guys to step up.

A better running game than last week.

A more aggressive defence.

Pudge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking to see how much the Falcons run defense improves. But truthfully, when measuring yourself against the Packers ground game, it's hard to evaluate. The Falcons RUn D was terrible last week, but if the Packers get 30-40 yards on them, it isn't exactly an accomplishment. The Packers clearly have the worst running attack in the NFL.

Vick is not overrated either, he's overhyped. There's a difference. Favre is overrated.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge said:
I'm looking to see how much the Falcons run defense improves. But truthfully, when measuring yourself against the Packers ground game, it's hard to evaluate. The Falcons RUn D was terrible last week, but if the Packers get 30-40 yards on them, it isn't exactly an accomplishment. The Packers clearly have the worst running attack in the NFL.

Vick is not overrated either, he's overhyped. There's a difference. Favre is overrated.

So overrated is defined by winning a Super Bowl, three MVP awards and signing a 100 million dollar contract?

Whereas overhyped is just signing a 100 million dollar contract? :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts