Packers expected to sign Joique Bell

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Help is on the way for the #Packers injury-riddled RB unit. I’m told FA RB Joique Bell is expected to sign with GB on Monday.

Per Rapoport
(On Twitter)

Discuss. :tdown::tup:?

Arkaign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better than Knile Davis that's for sure. Keeping defenses honest will help AR immensely.

D

Deleted member 6794

Better than Knile Davis that's for sure. Keeping defenses honest will help AR immensely.

Bell isn't a great running back either but he's an upgrade catching the ball out of the backfield compared to Davis.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't understand why this wasn't done weeks ago, but if TT wants to wait until tomorrow (Monday) then I'm OK with that. Bell won't be winning MVP's but he's a solid option for between the tackles running.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't understand why this wasn't done weeks ago, but if TT wants to wait until tomorrow (Monday) then I'm OK with that. Bell won't be winning MVP's but he's a solid option for between the tackles running.

This has been going on for years. Ted is reactive instead of being proactive. How long have we known we need a TE? ILB? how long did we go without a legit RB?

He works on snail time and that's what holds this team back. He is too damn stubborn to make any decisions that are not "draft and develop". This team seems like it's always chasing it's tail.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Fresh veteran legs. While I don't expect much out of Bell, he would add depth and experience to the weakest position on offense, unless you include TE (until Cook is back).

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really understand it. The back end roster management seems sort of sloppy this year to me. I know it's not easy with these injuries but if you're going to sign Bell, why wait until Monday? Especially with Don Jackson on the roster and James Starks at practice last week and targeting next week as a return. I'm just not really seeing the bigger picture here I guess.

OP
OP
InFamous

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is going to get cut thou? The Davis roster spot was used to activate Lindley, wasn't it?

From my perspective, eventhough we need RB help, I don't see which player will get cut. The most obvious choice would be a WR, but which one?! :tdown:

CB and Safety is a need too, I don't see any of the UDFA we have at these positions being cut either.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who is going to get cut thou? The Davis roster spot was used to activate Lindley, wasn't it?

From my perspective, eventhough we need RB help, I don't see which player will get cut. The most obvious choice would be a WR, but which one?! :tdown:

CB and Safety is a need too, I don't see any of the UDFA we have at these positions being cut either.

If Starks is ready to play next week again it's possible the Packers end up releasing Jackson and bring him back to the practice squad.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers are still carrying 7 WR's on their 53, a luxury in my opinion. If both Cobb and Monty are active today, look to see which WR is inactive (Allison or maybe even Janis). This is another position that may see a change. Depending on how much they like Allison, if Janis doesn't start contributing on specials teams like he did in 2015, his days on the 53 might be numbered?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are still carrying 7 WR's on their 53, a luxury in my opinion. If both Cobb and Monty are active today, look to see which WR is inactive (Allison or maybe even Janis). This is another position that may see a change. Depending on how much they like Allison, if Janis doesn't start contributing on specials teams like he did in 2015, his days on the 53 might be numbered?

Janis isn't going anywhere I can assure you that. He's earned his roster spot just from special teams play alone. Someone mentioned getting rid of Barclay which should have happened years ago.

TT isn't the GM some of you guys proclaim him to be. Not only did he wait to late to bring in another RB? They cut the guy less than two games into his tenure they traded for. Last year when the WRs stunk what did TT do to help fix the problem? Absolutely nothing. How about the middle lb situation? They tried to fix it by sticking the best pass rusher o the team there. Some of you guys need to take off the blinders and wake up smh. The management of personnel has been the downfall of this team. You cut future HOF Charles Woodson in favor MD Jennings because you didn't want to pay him? Overpayed and Re signed Brad Jones to be a starter? Overplayed Aj Hawk? Let CullenJenkins walk in his prime? Let Casey Hayward walk? Still overpaying for James Sarks? He makes just as much as half a dozen guys who actually start btw. Took Devante Adams over Allen Robinson? Who most of us never even heard of at the time. Allowed slocum to run the special teams when he should've been gone years ago as well. Then we wonder why we can't get back to the SB?

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis isn't going anywhere I can assure you that. He's earned his roster spot just from special teams play alone. Someone mentioned getting rid of Barclay which should have happened years ago.

TT isn't the GM some of you guys proclaim him to be. Not only did he wait to late to bring in another RB? They cut the guy less than two games into his tenure they traded for. Last year when the WRs stunk what did TT do to help fix the problem? Absolutely nothing. How about the middle lb situation? They tried to fix it by sticking the best pass rusher o the team there. Some of you guys need to take off the blinders and wake up smh. The management of personnel has been the downfall of this team. You cut future HOF Charles Woodson in favor MD Jennings because you didn't want to pay him? Overpayed and Re signed Brad Jones to be a starter? Overplayed Aj Hawk? Let CullenJenkins walk in his prime? Let Casey Hayward walk? Still overpaying for James Sarks? He makes just as much as half a dozen guys who actually start btw. Took Devante Adams over Allen Robinson? Who most of us never even heard of at the time. Allowed slocum to run the special teams when he should've been gone years ago as well. Then we wonder why we can't get back to the SB?
I agree we should of payed Hayward what the chargers did. He is worth it and is having a great year in San Diego! Hopefully we don't make the same mistake with Hyde and let him walk to Dallas or Miami!!!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we should of payed Hayward what the chargers did. He is worth it and is having a great year in San Diego! Hopefully we don't make the same mistake with Hyde and let him walk to Dallas or Miami!!!

Lol i expect the worse but who knows. They will probably let him walk in hopes that Goodson or Banjo can be that replacement haha

Members online

Latest posts