Packers draft jared abbrederis

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are we going to use all these guys? So much for Myles white, Chris Harper, and Dorsey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He absolutely destroyed CB Roby (Broncos first round pick) this past season.

This could end up being a steal.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, three wideouts! I suspect Janis' best chance to make the team is as a Brett Swain-esque special teams player. The other guys seem like great additions.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Woooh Got some Depth at WR. From what I saw on the Badgers Abbrederis looked pretty decent.

We got Nelson,Cobb,Boykin,Adams,abbrederis and whoever else.

I think TT did pretty decently this draft.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers picked the best route running WRs in the draft. Should be a good fit.

D

Deleted member 6794

Very glad we have WR depth now. Having a bank of targets for Arod is never a bad thing. TT is a WR drafting guru.

I think it will be interesting to see how many WRs will make the 53. Aside of the top four (assuming Adams will make the team) the battle for roster spots at the position seems to be one of the most intriguing going into camp.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
well, with as many injuries as we suffer, it sure wont hurt that we can pick and pluck from the practice squad if needed. I think our crop of young guys will make for an interesting battle at camp. Looking forward to it.

H

HardRightEdge

Abbrederis and Janis both share the bad habit of body-catching on middle routes. It's an understandable thing to do since it puts the player in a better position to take a hit, but it is verboten in the NFL because it causes a break in stride and minimizes YAC and the odds of a breakaway. You're supposed to hand catch in stride, trust the QB is not setting you up for a big hit, but when the inevitable hits come then you take your medicine.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers and Abbrederis have agreed on a four-year, $2.364 million deal. Abbrederis got a $144,560 signing bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Packers and Abbrederis have agreed on a four-year, $2.634 million deal. Abbrederis got a $144,560 signing bonus.
That's the rookie salary scale at work.

Abbrederis at pick 176 is a shade higher in total value than last year's 5th. rounders, perhaps as a result of CBA-specified base salary increases and/or adjustments due to the higher cap:

Boyd, pick 167, $2.30 mil, $144, 560 signing bonus

Hyde, pick 159: $2.34 mil, $178,108 signing bonus

D

Deleted member 6794

That's the rookie salary scale at work.

Abbrederis at pick 176 is a shade higher in total value than last year's 5th. rounders, perhaps as a result of CBA-specified base salary increases and/or adjustments due to the higher cap:

Boyd, pick 167, $2.30 mil, $144, 560 signing bonus

Hyde, pick 159: $2.34 mil, $178,108 signing bonus

It´s even closer than I posted as I mixed up the number, the deal is actually for $2.364 million. Sorry, my bad.

But yeah, not mouch room for negotiations with the rookie wage scale in place.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It´s even closer than I posted as I mixed up the number, the deal is actually for $2.364 million. Sorry, my bad.

But yeah, not mouch room for negotiations with the rookie wage scale in place.

There's a little more wiggle room for first rounders isn't there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

There's a little more wiggle room for first rounders isn't there?

Not really. Teams are only allowed to spend a certain amount of cap space in year one on the draft picks. In addition there´s limit on much signing bonuses a team can hand out as well as the total amount of money over the entire length of a rookie contract.

The Packers are allowed to spend approximately $5.6 million in cap space towards their draft picks in 2014, spend a total of $7.5 million in signing bonuses and $29.8 million in total over the next four years on this year´s picks.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

From the first day of rookie camp (today): Wisconsin wide receiver Jared Abbrederis, a sixth-round pick, was clearly the most secure and graceful in fielding punts. “He’s definitely a very good athlete; very good body control. Strength and conditioning, he can make some gains there,” McCarthy said of Abbrederis. http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...t-Lyerla/395da79e-8480-4ccc-811f-a25b3c3df0df

The Packers official website should know that he was a fifth-round pick.

Members online

Latest posts