Packers draft class ranked low in cowboys opinion

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
LOL...look at jerry jones.....he looks like yoda.

What the hell do the cowgirls know about a good draft? Much less managing a team? What's their best record in the past few years...8-8 ? They are just pissed still from the last time we played them, we broke our foot off in dat *** and the pain is still there. The cowgirls still in that financial trouble from being over capped? Maybe that's why they didn't address their needs at all in FA and barely got anything they needed through the draft. Haters, the bunch of them.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares ?
Are we talking about the Cowboys who havent made the playoffs since 2009 :rolleyes:

Well it's the dead of the offseason and I thought it was interesting as you don't see a draft board in the public very often, but if you don't care then don't click. That simple.

paulska

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is one of those teams that's often packaging picks to move up- they make the draft fit the guys they want, and on the whole you'd have to say that their record on this approach is mediocre at best.

On the other hand, TT is an exercise in frustration for most fans because he lets the draft come to him the vast majority of the time and almost always ends up with more players picked than he had selections to begin with, which is one of the reason we have one of the consistently youngest rosters in the NFL season in and out, and yet we're competitive at the top level for the past three or four seasons. Unless there's a sea change in our division, we have to be considered the favourites to come out of the NFC North again.

Dallas is only ever a favourite before the season starts. Once it does, it's either Romo disappointing the team, or its defense, or its pass blocking, etc...

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this proves is the Dallas Cowboys won't be a threat in the NFC anytime soon! Jones has drafted mediocre at best so any comparison between the teams is worthless in my opinion.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This brings me back to April of 2010, for that 2010 Draft.

Most Mocksters, including the award-winners Bob McGinn and Rick Gosselin had Bryan Bulaga and Dez Bryant as Top 15 picks, and had Jerry Hughes going to the Packers at that #23 spot.
These 2 journalists have sources and they get it right more than anyone. I wanted Hughes badly too (as some of you know!).

But low & behold, some teams messed it up by reaching. Oakland reached for Rolando McClain at #8, who has now been released by 2 organizations. He's been arrested more than tackles made almost.
Derrick Morgan also was a reach at #16 by Tennessee, and Tyson Alualu at #10 by Jacksonville is another reach.
The Chargers have a horrible OL and trading up to draft RB Ryan Mathews at #12 is part of that problem. They could have had Bulaga or Mike Iupati, a Pro Bowl OL for the 49ers now.

Anyway, both Bulaga and Dez Bryant slid all the way down and were on the board when the Packers were on the clock at #23.
Everyone knew Bryant possessed Pro Bowl talent. He was pure greatness... better than Michael Crabtree the year before, who the Packers almost took at #9.

TT might have been tempted, but character matters to TT.

Thompson went with the OT Bulaga.
Dallas then traded up to the #24 pick and took Dez Bryant.

Both guys have done about what we expected.
Bulaga has been solid.
Bryant has had a few off-field issues, and also taken over ball games.

The Packers took another electric WR the next draft in Cobb, a guy who's a model person instead of a troubled kid who needs to be babysat and rescued from being arrested.

Both teams got what they deserved.
We just need Bulaga to stay healthy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's the dead of the offseason and I thought it was interesting as you don't see a draft board in the public very often, but if you don't care then don't click. That simple.
Ivo, I just meant who cares how the Cowboys rank our drafts because its obvious that the Packers doing a better job than they do since years.
In fact I am reading nearly every Packer related article and I found this one interesting too.
Sorry if I expressed myself confusingly, dont forget I am a non-native English speaker ;)

Lombardi'sGhost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah- but you have to admit they know talent when it comes to women. I would trade for their cheerleaders in a heartbeat!!!

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact the Cowboys don't think much of our draft fills me with even greater confidence they'll be watching the Packers on their TVs in January and February.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last 5 years:
Cowboys 42 and 38, no playoffs
Packers 53 and 27 , playoffs 4/5; Championship no. 13

Cowboys need a general manager before they'll improve, and a QB.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I find this very interesting. I've always suspected that Thompson's board looks significantly different than almost all of the other NFL team's boards. I wish we could get a view of the other teams boards as well. Does anyone know of any other team slipups that gave the world a view of their draft board in recent years? The fact that this has happened twice to the Cowboys in the last 4 years is hilarious. They are such a bunch of media hungry clowns. As long as Jones is running that show, they are one less team to worry about. Their 2009 draft was absolutely atrocious and guys from that class should be the cornerstone stars of the franchise right about now. They are a team headed south. I'd be surprised if they finish as good as 8-8 in any of the next 5 years. I'm in the camp that believes it's a very good sign that they don't view talent anywhere close to the way Thompson & scouts do.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately you'll never see Belichick's draft board. He more than anyone, knows how unscrupulous teams can be to glean information from other teams

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Consider the source. Don't take comments or criticism concerning the draft from the Cowboys. If the Patriots said it then maybe listen.
I don't know about that. I don't think Belichick's drafting track record is much better than average. He is however very adept at stockpiling high value draft picks via trades.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I don't think Belichick's drafting track record is much better than average. He is however very adept at stockpiling high value draft picks via trades.

Agreed. He isn't great at drafting. They nailed it with 2 TEs but those are the only great picks that come to mind in recent years.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that the Vikings had done an A-rated job on the draft until I found out that Jerry Jones was in love with those picks too! Therefore, no drafting Super Bowl trophy will be awarded to the Vikes this year, in light of the fact that JJ gave them a stamp of approval (or was it the kiss of death!) ;)

Members online

Latest posts