Packers don't rule out signing Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really hate the people saying Rodgers is not durable.

His foot was stepped on by a 300# +lineman.. LOL

He then proceeded to play on that foot..

But I agree Phil, I am not sold at all on our back ups (I never was even sold on Rodgers his 1st 2 years either )

If there is one thing I will blast Ted for the last 2 years is not getting a vet q.b on the roster

And while I am not on board with Vick situation, and not sure how I would react, at least Vick is a vet and has shown he knows how to win

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Packer People"...haha...

John Jolly and Michael Vick..hahaha...

Aaron Rodgers is a no talent.........You will see that this year..

***Edited by longtimefan

No need for the words you put in there

I give you slack on every post , but when you start to toss out crap like you just did, then I start to edit..I am surprised the library allows you to type up those words

well now, not from library this time..No wonder that word was allowed

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everybody getting undies in a bunch..

We know a few things.

1- Vick is available

2- Every team more than likely said, do we look at him or just say no

3- Packers are not sure of their backups, so they looked even harder, and sounds like used a pro and con list

4- Other than that, I do not think there is anything more to this

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
at least Vick is a vet and has shown he knows how to win

True, Michael Vick is a vet of sorts; especially when it comes to euthanizing pets. But, then again, maybe he'll become OJ's caddy when he's released from prison.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its lines like this that just prove to me that you are indeed wise beyond your years.

Why thank you!

Both the Bears and the Packers are flirting with disaster by not having a veteran QB just in case.
It is one of the things that really concerns me about the Bears this season.
All this talk and excitement over Jay Cutler being here and it can end at any moment.
There were several veteran QBs out there who could at least fill the void in an emergency and neither team grabbed one.
Brohm has talent and from what I have seen so does Hanie but....
You need that guy who can step in for a game or two or maybe even just one half of a game and not kill your chances.

There is a whole lot riding on the shoulders of these teams OBs and the drop off between Rodgers and Cutler and their understudies is pretty big at this point.

Every time either one of them gets up slowly there is going to be a lot of fans holding their breath.

minnypacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick...I don't have a problem

I am a dog lover, but I am not appalled at the notion of signing Vick. In the same way I don't believe in drug use, but have no problem with those who have smoked pot or used drugs in the past.

I believe in giving people a second chance.

That being said, if Brohm or Fynn do not look like a guy who can get you a few wins in the absence of AR, TT must find someone. If the best option is Vick...sign him. If there are better options look into that, but right now, Vick offers you an interesting option especially if he is willing to play a slash type role and maybe even return kicks.

As a QB we could do worse.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why thank you!

Both the Bears and the Packers are flirting with disaster by not having a veteran QB just in case.
It is one of the things that really concerns me about the Bears this season.
All this talk and excitement over Jay Cutler being here and it can end at any moment.
There were several veteran QBs out there who could at least fill the void in an emergency and neither team grabbed one.
Brohm has talent and from what I have seen so does Hanie but....
You need that guy who can step in for a game or two or maybe even just one half of a game and not kill your chances.

There is a whole lot riding on the shoulders of these teams OBs and the drop off between Rodgers and Cutler and their understudies is pretty big at this point.

Every time either one of them gets up slowly there is going to be a lot of fans holding their breath.

Phil is a good guy for the most part, he just is a fan of wrong team

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a dog lover, but I am not appalled at the notion of signing Vick. In the same way I don't believe in drug use, but have no problem with those who have smoked pot or used drugs in the past.

I believe in giving people a second chance.

That being said, if Brohm or Fynn do not look like a guy who can get you a few wins in the absence of AR, TT must find someone. If the best option is Vick...sign him. If there are better options look into that, but right now, Vick offers you an interesting option especially if he is willing to play a slash type role and maybe even return kicks.

As a QB we could do worse.

I would not equate a guy who has smoked pot with Michael Vick's actions.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not equate a guy who has smoked pot with Michael Vick's actions.

Your forgetting Vick was caught with a bottle with fake bottom at an airport and the bottom had pot in it?

Or tested + for pot while on trial for the dog killing

Or this famous picture

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your forgetting Vick was caught with a bottle with fake bottom at an airport and the bottom had pot in it?

Or tested + for pot while on trial for the dog killing

Or this famous picture

No, I did not forget that.
I am talking about most pot smokers do not break federal gambling laws and torture animals for their own personal entertainment.

This is not Ricky Williams we are talking about here.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't sign him. It's just the way TT does business. Never discards an option. Analyzes everything.
But I would NOT like it. I've said over at packerslounge.com that Goodell shouldn't deny Vick to play in the NFL, because he has served his time. But one thing is to prohibit an ex-con to have a job, another is to actually give him the job. I would never stop cheering for the packers. But would definitely boo him and stop looking at the game if he went to the field. He served his time, but I will never support him.

i dont know ... i bet TT could pick vic up cheap ... and TT is a tight ars so we may get him ... im betting between the packers and the queens vic will get picked up ... :jester:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Classic - people have all kinds of problems with Brett Favre coming back to play football, yet have absolutely no qualms with a convicted felon who has no love of the game and is CLEARLY returning to the NFL for no other reason than money.

And, to add a bit of insult, not only do a great many Packers fans have no problem with Vick returning to the NFL, but they'd like to see him wearing a Packers uniform.

How and when did it all go so horribly wrong?!?!?

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, an obvious turning point was when Favre made it clear that he wanted to stick it to Ted Thompson and he didn't care if the team or the fans were hurt by this.

His dance with the arch-foe Vikings didn't help either.

And then of course, there were the years of offseason indecision and inability to commit to the team. And, of course, his playoff meltdowns.

Add them all up and Favre created some fertile soil for this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXx

Regarding Vick, we could get him for nothing and he'd be an upgrade over our current backups and he'd also give us another weapon in what looks to be a tight division race. And if he was able to rehab his image we could trade him away at the end of the season for a very good draft pick.

But it won't happen because everything else would be contingent upon Thompson and McCarthy believing that this is a guy that they want in their locker room for the next 5 months and I don't think that Vick is going to be able to sell that soap.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think there has never been an issue with locker room chemistry with Vick...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you have to remember TT and MM are in the bizz of football ... now i dont agree with what Vic did ( the whole dog fighting thing ) but you really cant say Vic has been a issue in anyones locker room ... so in the biz of football would Vic be a good pic ?? well that depends on what you get him for ,, and how bad you need a qb ... our back up qbs are crap .. i hate to say it but if Rodgers gos down were DONE .... so yea id be happy to get Vic in the locker room ...
That being said i really believe Vic makes his way to the queens .. they need a Qb bad ... i know the queens arent gonna sit back and let thier season go south due to lack of qb ... and the price they could get Vic for is a no brainer ... i know there are Vic haters out there ,, and for good reason BUT make no mistakes about it Vic will play ball again ...

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers aren't going to sign Vick.

There are plenty of reasons to sign him and they've been enumerated in this thread, but if TT ever sat down and talked with Vick for 5 minutes I'm sure that Vick would come across as a straight thug.

When Vick was with Atlanta many years ago, I liked what I saw on the field. But a buddy of mine from Atlanta set me straight when he said "Vick is not a good person". And he's not. I'm not just talking about lying, animal cruelty, or drug use.....I'm talking about the kind of person he is inside. He's not a good guy; he surrounds himself with thugs and doesn't seem to be aware that a multi-millionaire athlete shouldn't just act like a thug with money.

I feel sorry for the guy a little, but he's made deliberate choices every step of the way THAT HE KNEW WERE WRONG and now he's got to deal with the consequences of them.

I'd bet a big chunk of my 401K that Vick will never wear a Packer uniform.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Classic - people have all kinds of problems with Brett Favre coming back to play football, yet have absolutely no qualms with a convicted felon who has no love of the game and is CLEARLY returning to the NFL for no other reason than money.

And, to add a bit of insult, not only do a great many Packers fans have no problem with Vick returning to the NFL, but they'd like to see him wearing a Packers uniform.

Because Packer fans are some of the biggest hypocritical, traitorous, turn-coat, scum**** in the NFL....

They think they are so high and mighty...better and "classier" than all NFL fans..what a joke!

Because they have their heads soooooo far up Thompson's posterior they would rather welcome a convicted felon rather than the guy who saved your franchise and put your team back on the map...after a 14-3 season..no less. Mr. 31-33's Packer People..it is to laugh.

You Packer fans are the EPITOME of the word INGRATE!!!

:frustrated:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because Packer fans are some of the biggest hypocritical, traitorous, turn-coat, scum**** in the NFL....

They think they are so high and mighty...better and "classier" than all NFL fans..what a joke!

Because they have their heads soooooo far up Thompson's posterior they would rather welcome a convicted felon rather than the guy who saved your franchise and put your team back on the map...after a 14-3 season..no less. Mr. 31-33's Packer People..it is to laugh.

You Packer fans are the EPITOME of the word INGRATE!!!

:frustrated:

PackersHome.com Packers Discussion --- Gate 16 --- Let's Talk Green Bay Packers Mike Vick Being Discussed Internally

current poll

Should the Packers sign Vick

No= 63% 35 votes
Yes 36% 20 votes

Looks like your theory is wrong? Most dont want Vick

but when your posting at the library you limited time, so you can't really research things like this

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it Levens.

You think that every Packer not named Favre sucks, you think their GM is a stooge, and you think that Packer fans are hypocritical and traitorous scum.

Why do you root for this team again? Wouldn't you seriously be happier rooting for a team that you could respect and/or admire?

You've got me highly confused. The only conclusion I can come up with that explains your behavior is that you are a Favre fan, not a Packer fan.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that it doesn't concern us anymore (it didn't for the past year, actually), shouldn't all Favre talk be in the NFL news section? I get that with the imminence of him signing with the queens, there was quite a turmoil in cheesehead land, and Favre talks couldn't be narrowed into only one section. But, at least for now, that talk is over and Favre is retired. And moreso, shouldn't comments with absolutely no factual information, just inappropriate and offensive rants, be in the Smack Area?

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Vick in a Packers uniform, not really sure how we would use him but if we were in like a 4th and 2 situation it would be very nice to use him for a QB sneak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online