1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Defense This Postseason Has Been...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    F R I G G I N A W E S O M E!!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5NhnGy4WkY&feature=related]YouTube - 2010-2011 NFL Playoffs: Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles Tramon Williams Interception[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYuiVVvZQMM&feature=related]YouTube - Tramon Williams pick 6 vs Falcons NFC Playoffs[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gakkGoN4v0M]YouTube - BJ Raji Pick 6 INT of Caleb Hanie...Bears vs. Packers 2011[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhPQvkIBWs]YouTube - 2011 NFC Championship (Jay Cutler Was Not Hurt) All In Game Developing Reports & Media Reaction[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foCtgr0cDkQ]YouTube - 2010-2011 NFL Playoffs: Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears Sam Shields Interception[/ame]

2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    (Knocks on wood)

3. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Dammit man.

( Knock on Wood)

4. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I think they are lifesavers. I really hope they can just keep the Steelers out of this game like they did the Falcons.

5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    It's like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the Packers personal broadcast team throughout the playoffs and SB.

Compared to last year, the D is freaking awesome.

Don't expect Rothlisberger to have as easy a time throwing on us this time. Bell and Bush, the two nincompoops that Rothlisberger was abusing all game last time aren't gonna be back there.

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    OI'm not saying we're super friggin awesome. I never said that. My initial comment was made with the intention of bringing to light two facts. Firstly, it could be argued that the Packers defensive has played better and had more a impressive showing in the playoffs than the Steelers. And secondly, that many of you Steelers fans refuse to acknowledge that the Packers are even in the same league as the Steelers.

And I don't know where you're getting your numbers from but they're a little funky. Philly ranked 3rd in the league in points/game (27.4) and 2nd in the league in yards/game. Atlanta was 5th in the league in points/game (25.9) and 16th in yards/game. Bears were 21st in points/game (20.9), 30th in yards/game. Ravens were 16th in points/game (22.3), 22nd in yards/game. Jets were 13th in points/game (22.9), 11th in yards/game.

Our defense averaged 17 points/game against the 3rd, 5th, and 21st scoring offenses in the league, holding Philly to 11.4 points below their season average, Atlanta 4.9 below their season average, and Chicago 6.9 below their season average.

Your teams' defense averaged 21.5 against 16th and 13th, giving up 1.7 points more than their season average to the Ravens and holding the Jets to 3.9 below their season average.

Which is more impressive? Resist your urge to make another lame response touting the Steelers supposed dominance over the Packers and maybe I can start taking your objective opinions seriously.

P.S.- our team did all this on he road.

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I just want to add the Packers D, has a bend but not break mentality which I think works great. Let the opposing team work within their own part of the field, let them build up, then stop them when they start to become a threat. It is flawed but it wastes time, and our offense is capable of getting an early lead. With this I believe the Packers have done one of the more amazing feats this year and not be down by more than 7.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    What the hell? That post that I made with all the stats took me about twenty minutes to compose.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I moved lot of posts to smack

Lets get this TOPIC back on topic

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    My post was on topic. I was all over it!

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
  12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    put it back

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings: