Packers defense makes Ponder look like Joe Montana

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://packersinsider.com/?p=5005

Who did Ponder resemble most against us today?
Manning, Brady, Montana, or Brees?

I would say Montana because he was very efficient, clutch. Not prolific, but a surgeon on 3rd downs.
Fitting that their game-winning drive, he converted a 3rd & 11.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Please, Frank. He had about 4 or 5 good plays. Ponder didn't look like any of those guys today. He looked like Cutler on one of his better days.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He wasnt that good..While he did look good, had some help from the refs on that one play where it should been incomplete and then they dont score that drive

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of help from the refs, it looked like for the entire first half that the NFL sent word to not call holding penalties when AP runs the ball. I saw no less that 5 or 6 obvious ones that didn't get called. Two of them were on the 4th and 1 play where AP ran to his left.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of help from the refs, it looked like for the entire first half that the NFL sent word to not call holding penalties when AP runs the ball. I saw no less that 5 or 6 obvious ones that didn't get called. Two of them were on the 4th and 1 play where AP ran to his left.
Watch Clay get tackled on the final run by Peterson. I think it was Rudolph.
The NFL has had it out for us this year for some reason it seems.

Ponder, on 3rd & longs, was Eli-like against us. It was unbelievable.
NFL Network will replay this one this week.....

I don't know how much blame goes to Capers, the DL, Walden, or the DBs, but You would not expect Ponder to keep getting first downs on 3rd & 7 or 3rd & 11. He did it 6 times.

I'm usually pretty pessimistic, and I did bet on the Vikings moneyline today.
But I think we can and might blow these bastards out next week.
I don't know what I saw from our defense that makes me think that though..... other than Peterson is due for a fumble, and Ponder due for 2 interceptions.

If we can't beat them next week at our place, we didn't deserve a bye anyway so I am now over that part.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really didn't care if we got a bye or not. There were pros and cons each way. We get a bye, we get a little healthier maybe... and rusty. We don't get a bye, we keep the pedal to the metal but maybe we don't to rest 1 or 2 guys we'd like to rest.

On the bright side, we sent Cutler and his *****es home for the second time in 3 years.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ponder had the game of his life. If the Packers' defense could have just played average on pass defense, they would have won. That's why I'm starting to get higher hopes for next week. Contrary to what Joe Buck may say, Adrian Peterson is not unstoppable.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ponder had the game of his life. If the Packers' defense could have just played average on pass defense, they would have won. That's why I'm starting to get higher hopes for next week. Contrary to what Joe Buck may say, Adrian Peterson is not unstoppable.

The stupid ball in the air that the nose hit the ground 1st led to a Td...Should been incomplete and 3rd down

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The stupid ball in the air that the nose hit the ground 1st led to a Td...Should been incomplete and 3rd down
Yep. And we couldn't challenge.
That was one of about 4 calls that the refs GUESSED ON in their favor on the field. THey got all the close calls.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL has to adopt the NCAA rules on challenges. The present system simply does not work, assuming the system is aimed at correcting bad calls. Challenges should be even more generous than the NCAA given the speed of the game and the part-time nature of the refs.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that AP lite us up again, but i really believe that the league and the refs wanted to see him get the record. There was so much holding going on. Most of those runs by AP was when he had to cut back to the outside, he had nothing up the middle (Raji). There is no way he should have broken all of those tackles. I don't believe he had any runs where he went untouched. Guys got to him, but he found ways to get away. I think it will be different next weekend. The Lambeau crowd will be jacked, ponder will not be ready for this experience.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The NFL has to adopt the NCAA rules on challenges. The present system simply does not work, assuming the system is aimed at correcting bad calls. Challenges should be even more generous than the NCAA given the speed of the game and the part-time nature of the refs.

The only reason they do it on the sidelines is because of Ed Hoculi and Jerry Austin's egos. They couldn't live with the idea of someone in a replay booth overruling them. It's time for that to change. The replay booth should consist of an observer from each team and an official whose job it is to pause the game any time he sees something questionable and make the damn call.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts