Packers D will improve

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://packersinsider.com/?p=4506

Good article.
What do you think?

Here's a sneak-peek:
After last season's debacle that saw the Green Bay Packers' defense tie for last in the league in yards per play allowed on its way to giving up the second-most yards in a season in NFL history (and the most passing yards ever), it's easy to forget just how dominant this defense was in 2010.
That season, Green Bay tied for sixth in yards per play allowed (5.1), fifth in overall yards allowed (4,945) and second in points allowed (240). That platoon gave up 17 points or less in 9 of Green Bay's last 13 games and was therefore just as, or maybe even more, responsible as the offense for the team's eventual Super Bowl title run.
If the Packers could find a way to combine the overwhelming strength of their offense with a return to the shutdown defense the team displayed two seasons ago, they could truly be on the verge of establishing the next NFL dynasty.
That is bad news for the rest of the league, because there are at least five reasons to think the Green Bay defense is going to see a return to something close to its 2010 form this season.
Full article here> http://packersinsider.com/?p=4506

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A new season and efforts in the Spring will Spring eternal in the fall. I'm on board! Go Pack...will 4:35pm Sunday ever come?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting stats! Sometimes I'm amazed at the minutiae of what they look at. Hoping the rooks can make some impact, but not expecting any of them to be game changers. What they say about our ability to cause QBs to make mistakes is great, but the bottom line is they didn't pass the eye test last year. At all. Probably because a lot of the mistakes they forced were far outweighed by the mistakes they committed!

If continued focus on those things, coupled with an improvement in communication equals a vast improvement the amount of breakdowns, that's fantastic. I'm just hoping they play better! :D I mean, it can't get much worse than it was last year... right? I sure hope not.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting stats! Sometimes I'm amazed at the minutiae of what they look at. Hoping the rooks can make some impact, but not expecting any of them to be game changers. What they say about our ability to cause QBs to make mistakes is great, but the bottom line is they didn't pass the eye test last year. At all. Probably because a lot of the mistakes they forced were far outweighed by the mistakes they committed!

If continued focus on those things, coupled with an improvement in communication equals a vast improvement the amount of breakdowns, that's fantastic. I'm just hoping they play better! :D I mean, it can't get much worse than it was last year... right? I sure hope not.
I'm excited and optimistic about the front 7, although missing Bishop hurts like hell.
But I am really, really worried about the back end because beyond Tramon, it's shaky there at CB and I don't know what, if Woodson can hold down the back hole in base and nickel....

Members online

Latest posts