Packer's Could Still be #1 Seed

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 4 games left the packers could still get the #1 seed, Dallas can be beaten. They only beat Washington by 5 and they pulled out a last second win at Buffalo. Dallas has still yet to play Detriot, Washington, Philly and Carolina. So who knows, it will be an intresting 4 weeks.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Actually, they have played Washington and Philly already, winning both games. However, the Redskins were 20 yards away from winning their last game vs. dallas late in the 4th quarter, and like you said, Buffalo SHOULD have won. Gaah that pissed me off.

Either way, Jason Campbell of the redskins is out for the rest of the season, and I doubt their backup will beat dallas. I do have faith in the eagles, and MAYBE Detroit, but I doubt it.

Here's to wishful thinking!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is likely that Dallas pretty much has the #1 seed wrapped up. However, I think we could see them stumble against TB or Seattle in the playoffs thereby giving GB the homefield for the championship game if we take care of business.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd pretty much have to win out and Dallas would have to trip up a couple of times. Only way I'd see us still having a shot at HFA at this stage of the season.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas lost their last three games last season and stumbled in the playoffs, after a defeat to Detroit.... thats all im saying. surely not likely. but possible.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I think it is likely that Dallas pretty much has the #1 seed wrapped up. However, I think we could see them stumble against TB or Seattle in the playoffs thereby giving GB the homefield for the championship game if we take care of business.

I agree with you. I think we have a better chance of them slipping up in the playoffs giving us homefield advantage more so then us being the number 1 seed in the NFC. I think they will lose one more game, but that won't help us really.

I bet Dallas and GB lose one more game each, even if it's the last game of the season when it really doesn't change anything.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are four games left, that's a lot of football. Dallas could fall apart, they could have injuries, who knows.

Odds are Dallas will be the #1 seed but things can change very, very quickly.

Look at Minnesota. First it was obvious they'd miss the playoffs, and everyone was calling for Childress to be fired. Now they are one of the top wildcard threats and look somewhat dangerous. That change occured in, what, three weeks?

In any case, the Packers can sieze the #2 seed no matter what, which will position them well for a deep run.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is not going to fall apart. If they lose one game, it would be to Detroit. Detroit can beat just about anyone if they play their A game. But the Lions are like rolling the dice. I'd never bet on them. They're the most inconsistent team in the league.

Let's just worry about winning out and locking up the #2 seed. If Dallas does fall, then good. I just don't see it happening.

Latest posts