Packers Compensatory Picks

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is - that the most any Team has ever received was around 14 -
And, that was by Miami in 1997.

What's the most the Packers have ever gotten, since 1993?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good , more picks for TT to play with (he loves to build through the draft, like New England, and already has a solid draft under his belt)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
good , more picks for TT to play with (he loves to build through the draft, like New England, and already has a solid draft under his belt)

:?: :?: :?: :?: Solid draft under his belt :?: :?: :?:

Let's not get carried away. The only full time player to come out of that draft so far is Collins. Let's wait a couple years until we annoint this a "solid draft".

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawkins will probably beat out Carroll(again) and take his job(if he can stay healthy)

Whitticker was a starter...and he was a 7th rounder...but ill give you that its mostly cuz we didnt have guards.

Mike Montgomery...is money. We'll probably see a lot more of him in the rotation.

Poppinga was good but got hurt...as did every other packer last year.

Underwood unerperformed and made me a sad panda, ill admit.

Murphy was looking like a starter(woulda taken fergys spot easy) but got hurt, and might not play again.

Collins is...well...collins.

A-Rod...was a potential #1 pick in the draft, and we got him at 24. Thats good shopping...

I didnt say everybody drafted was a superstar. It was a good draft that got us some starters, and some depth, and a possible QB to lead the franchise for years to come. I say thats pretty solid.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Let's not get carried away. The only full time player to come out of that draft so far is Collins. Let's wait a couple years until we annoint this a "solid draft".
Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Brady Poppinga, Michael Hawkins, Will Whittiker all saw considerable playing time, plus a few starters....

EDIT late

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Hawkins will probably beat out Carroll(again) and take his job(if he can stay healthy)

Whitticker was a starter...and he was a 7th rounder...but ill give you that its mostly cuz we didnt have guards.

Mike Montgomery...is money. We'll probably see a lot more of him in the rotation.

Poppinga was good but got hurt...as did every other packer last year.

Underwood unerperformed and made me a sad panda, ill admit.

Murphy was looking like a starter(woulda taken fergys spot easy) but got hurt, and might not play again.

Collins is...well...collins.

A-Rod...was a potential #1 pick in the draft, and we got him at 24. Thats good shopping...

I didnt say everybody drafted was a superstar. It was a good draft that got us some starters, and some depth, and a possible QB to lead the franchise for years to come. I say thats pretty solid.

I'm not saying that it isn't potentially a solid draft. But potentially means it ain't there yet. It takes a few years for a draft class to be rated. Let's face it, right now the only solid starter of that group is Collins.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I'm not saying that it isn't potentially a solid draft. But potentially means it ain't there yet. It takes a few years for a draft class to be rated. Let's face it, right now the only solid starter of that group is Collins.
So why even bring it up?

EDIT nevermind

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Brady Poppinga, Michael Hawkins, Will Whittiker all saw considerable playing time, plus a few starters....

EDIT late

I'm not one to argue with Jeezus but what is your definition of "considerable playing time"? Rodgers? Hawkins?

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I'm not one to argue with Jeezus but what is your definition of "considerable playing time"? Rodgers? Hawkins?
Oh my god, you're so **** retentive. Obviously, I didn't mean to include Rodgers in the starter category, but he was a solid pick, number one for a while. You know what I meant, and don't try to be calling me out for something stupid like this. No actually I saw Rodgers play in every freaking game last season.

And about Hawkins, I don't know what your point is. Maybe you should go take a look at some of the game films or some stats before you try to make a case for him.

In conclusion, think about what you say next time before you do. I sure will, so as to not offend you a la my Aaron Rodgers comment. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

kthxbye

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21, is my joke not funny? I apologize, Ill leave bad jokes to cheesey.

cuz you said he was **** ...and i said gross...cuz...nevermind

can i get a mulligan.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't dump on Whittacker. He was just a rookie and had a better rookie season than either Wahle or Rivera o ye of little faith.

The two picks could be a non-critical replacement for Vonta Leach, or Practice Squad OT. The last pick could be a kicker.

For next year Longwell's contract is about equal to Manuel.
Flanagan's is about equal to Pickett's.
Lenon and Fisher are so low they don't count but are about equal with White and Taylor.

So for next year, Nall should be worth a compensatory and if Grady will ever get his big fat contract that will qualify for a compensatory.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
21, is my joke not funny? I apologize, Ill leave bad jokes to cheesey.

cuz you said he was **** ...and i said gross...cuz...nevermind

can i get a mulligan.
I didn't know it was a joke. Who is cheesey? Link to cheesey's jokes. Full size of av. I asked for it in another thread, don't know which, though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Don't dump on Whittacker. He was just a rookie and had a better rookie season than either Wahle or Rivera o ye of little faith.

The two picks could be a non-critical replacement for Vonta Leach, or Practice Squad OT. The last pick could be a kicker.

For next year Longwell's contract is about equal to Manuel.
Flanagan's is about equal to Pickett's.
Lenon and Fisher are so low they don't count but are about equal with White and Taylor.

So for next year, Nall should be worth a compensatory and if Grady will ever get his big fat contract that will qualify for a compensatory.

Ill keep my bad jokes to myself first of all. Second of all, I agree with you. Whitticker, for a 7th rounder, came in and did a solid job for a 7th rounder. he got pushed around at times, sure...but for the most part, the right side was the better side. The left side...that was bad.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
DePack said:
Oh my god, you're so **** retentive. Obviously, I didn't mean to include Rodgers in the starter category, but he was a solid pick, number one for a while. You know what I meant, and don't try to be calling me out for something stupid like this. No actually I saw Rodgers play in every freaking game last season.

And about Hawkins, I don't know what your point is. Maybe you should go take a look at some of the game films or some stats before you try to make a case for him.

In conclusion, think about what you say next time before you do. I sure will, so as to not offend you a la my Aaron Rodgers comment. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

kthxbye

My God...what the hell is going on here? I just stated that I didn't think Hawkins or Rodgers got "considerable playing time"...now I'm so **** retentive? I'm not sure what your problem is but maybe you outta go back to the beginning and reread the thread or are you one of those guys we should stay away from and never question?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From NFL.com:
Green Bay: Lost- Bhawoh Jue, Marco Rivera
Signed- Adrian Klemm
So this has to bring the questions:
1. Was the reason TT was not very active in the Free Agent market because he was trolling for compensation picks?
2. Did it work?

Members online

Latest posts