Trindon Holliday (R/KR, LSU)
Matt Dodge (P, East Carolina)
Ciron Black (OT, LSU)
Zoltan Mesko (P, Michigan)
Jared Veldheer (OT, Hillsdale)
Nate Allen (S, Ohio St.)
Tim Hiller (QB, W. Michigan)

News:

The Packers have made progress with NICK COLLINS in regards to a contract extension according to multiple sources. The two sides (Collins agent and the Packers) met for a while at the combine and expect to have a deal done in the near future.

Taylor Mays (USC) said he hasn't met with the Packers (yet) but did meet with them at the Senior Bowl. He also said he would love to play in Green Bay citing the passion for football by the fans and the Packers tradition.

OP
OP
Arrigo

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They actually talked to him about that in Mobile. Many scouts beleive that if he plays close to the line of scrimmage and gets "coached up" a bit he'll be alright. That's where Darren Perry comes in and I have all the confidence in the world in Perry. Mays has all the tools to be a very good pro and a attitude/work ethic to match. On a side note, he is VERY CLOSE to Clay Mattews III (they were work out partners @ USC).

OP
OP
Arrigo

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another rumor has come to my ear. The Packers have offered Aaron Kampman a 4 year deal that would pay him a base of more than $5 million a year.

LsuPacker4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Take these along with Jacoby Ford, or CJ. Spiller we need another good fast Running back, I would rather Spiller over Ford though.
Trindon Holliday (R/KR, LSU)
Ciron Black (OT, LSU)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another rumor has come to my ear. The Packers have offered Aaron Kampman a 4 year deal that would pay him a base of more than $5 million a year.

That's pretty much the same amount that the packers have been paying him. I wonder if he'll actually accept. Do you have a link for this info?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, now that's a good idea.

I'd actually be all for it, getting Mays at LB. As much as he stinks at coverage, that's for a S. He's be a great pass defender LB.

If they think he can gain some weight, with being 6-2 kind of is a no-brainer, and if they think he can adapt, he could be an awesome ILB...

So, Mays at S = HATE
Mays at ILB = Open mind.

Taylor Mays, that is. Not Billy...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty much the same amount that the packers have been paying him. I wonder if he'll actually accept. Do you have a link for this info?

I don't think he comes close to signing this contract for the Packers. I think he can command even higher on the open market and has a better chance of finishing the contract playing DE, if he is not successful playing OLB, he gets cut or traded. Being another year older and not playing the DE position for 2 years will not help him find another job.

Only way he signs is if half the money is guaranteed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really doubt Kampman will command such a high contract, being 30, and coming off a serious injury.

If I'm GM of a 4-3 team, I'd give him a big contract, don't get me wrong. He doesn't have injury history.

But that's how things go...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he comes close to signing this contract for the Packers. I think he can command even higher on the open market and has a better chance of finishing the contract playing DE, if he is not successful playing OLB, he gets cut or traded. Being another year older and not playing the DE position for 2 years will not help him find another job.

Only way he signs is if half the money is guaranteed.

I would have to agree. If that really is the amount that the packers are offering, other teams most certainly can do better. There are plenty of 4-3 teams that can either match or even offer higher cash.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
A) Golden Tate is a WR

B) Why in God's name would we meet with him? I get doing due diligence, I guess, but meeting with a 1st round WR seems like a waste of time, considering I see almost no scenario where TT goes WR at 23.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) Golden Tate is a WR

B) Why in God's name would we meet with him? I get doing due diligence, I guess, but meeting with a 1st round WR seems like a waste of time, considering I see almost no scenario where TT goes WR at 23.

I would cry... a lot. I just can't handle another first pick dabockle... please Ted, NO MORE.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) Golden Tate is a WR

I would cry... a lot. I just can't handle another first pick dabockle... please Ted, NO MORE.
First of all, Tate is the real deal. He's no dabockle, or whatever that means.

And second of all, it's the effect Percy Harvin/DeSean Jackson.

Teams want guys that are fast, can play multiple roles on offense, take any ball to the opposite endzone, and be a treat in the return game.

Tate fits that bill.

That being said, I don't want us to draft him, unless he falls to us in the second round.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Thompson pulls more best player on board/luxury pick if Kyle Wilson or a decent OT is on the board, I am not sure what I will do to myself. They have to go OT or DB in the first round. Some mocks have GB getting that LB who looks like Lamar Woodley from Mich (I forget his name) because he could be what they need opposite of Matthews (all if Kampman is not resigned).

What would Packer nation do if TT drafted Tim Tebow and destroyed the organization with the 23rd overall? Haha just a thought, but what is frightening is I would be upset, shake my head but acknowledge the fact I am not surprised.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Teams want guys that are fast, can play multiple roles on offense, take any ball to the opposite endzone, and be a treat in the return game.

Tate fits that bill.

That being said, I don't want us to draft him, unless he falls to us in the second round.
I think Tate will be a fine receiver in the NFL. Lord knows he helped himself out a lot today. I just don't see him as the dual threat type that Harvin or Jackson is. Did Tate return kicks in college? Was he any good at it?

I'd rather fill a need with Wilson or a tackle and take McCluster, Holliday, or Banks later on.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Thompson pulls more best player on board/luxury pick if Kyle Wilson or a decent OT is on the board, I am not sure what I will do to myself. They have to go OT or DB in the first round. Some mocks have GB getting that LB who looks like Lamar Woodley from Mich (I forget his name) because he could be what they need opposite of Matthews (all if Kampman is not resigned).

What would Packer nation do if TT drafted Tim Tebow and destroyed the organization with the 23rd overall? Haha just a thought, but what is frightening is I would be upset, shake my head but acknowledge the fact I am not surprised.

Tebow is definitely going to be the 23rd pick according to TT's philosophy. You know how teddy likes 'em young, Rodgers is getting up there in age by turning 26 next year. We have to start looking for our next franchise QB immediately.. HURRY TED!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mays being a LB would be a terrible idea. He would look more ridiculous than Kampman at that position.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I think Golden Tate could be a great guy to get on our team if the chance presents itself. He is a great dual threat player and he could be a huge asset in our kick return game. He's dangerous out of the backfield and lining up in the slot. I thought he was the most exciting player in college football last season.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Tate fits that bill.

Tate is the exact same type of player as Harvin/Jackson, but he's stronger. He ran the ball A LOT for the Irish last season. If you didn't see him play last year, you missed out. He is exciting.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Tate will be a fine receiver in the NFL. Lord knows he helped himself out a lot today. I just don't see him as the dual threat type that Harvin or Jackson is. Did Tate return kicks in college? Was he any good at it?

I'd rather fill a need with Wilson or a tackle and take McCluster, Holliday, or Banks later on.

Tate is the exact same type of player as Harvin/Jackson, but he's stronger. He ran the ball A LOT for the Irish last season. If you didn't see him play last year, you missed out. He is exciting.
Having seen pretty much every ND game last year, if there's one thing Tate is, is eletrifying.

I got angry with him some times, because his hands aren't great. He drops some easy balls, and make some pretty though catches.

As far as receiver, he's nothing compared to Michael Floyd. He's fast, he's big, and can catch anything you throw at him.

But Tate has lined up pretty much everywhere, much like Harvin. Slot, Wide, RB, QB in wildcat...

He's quick, he's fast, he's though.

The only knock on him is that he wasn't used much as KR in college, but he certainly has the ability to do so.

Plus, if I'm not wrong, Harvin didn't do much returning in college. I know he did some, though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWfA5-Q0s-0]YouTube - Golden Tate 2009 Highlights[/ame]

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those highlights. Tate can do anything on the football field and he will immediately an impact on whatever team drafts him. I guarantee it.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really doubt Kampman will command such a high contract, being 30, and coming off a serious injury.

If I'm GM of a 4-3 team, I'd give him a big contract, don't get me wrong. He doesn't have injury history.

But that's how things go...

I agree with you that teams will not be as interested in Kampman due to age and the injury, but it only takes one willing to take a chance.

The rumor out there is that the Packers have offered a 20 million 4 year deal. I am pretty sure there will be more than one team willing to match and exceed this contract with guarantees to play DE in a 4-3.

IMO the Packers will have to be highest offer to get Kampman willing to give this OLB position another try. If everything is equal, Kampman signs and plays as a DE somewhere else. The Packers with the only the OLB position avaible will have to over pay him to keep him.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you that teams will not be as interested in Kampman due to age and the injury, but it only takes one willing to take a chance.

The rumor out there is that the Packers have offered a 20 million 4 year deal. I am pretty sure there will be more than one team willing to match and exceed this contract with guarantees to play DE in a 4-3.

IMO the Packers will have to be highest offer to get Kampman willing to give this OLB position another try. If everything is equal, Kampman signs and plays as a DE somewhere else. The Packers with the only the OLB position avaible will have to over pay him to keep him.

Personally, I feel that Jones is more effective in the OLB position than Kampman will be. He has been a true team player and honestly I feel like GB owes it to Kampman to be in a 4-3 somewhere. For GB's sake I hope they don't sign him because it will be better for both parties to go other directions.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I feel that Jones is more effective in the OLB position than Kampman will be. He has been a true team player and honestly I feel like GB owes it to Kampman to be in a 4-3 somewhere. For GB's sake I hope they don't sign him because it will be better for both parties to go other directions.

Yeah even if Kampman stays I still see Jones being the more impact player for this defense. Kampman on the other hand should definitely look for a team that can maximize his skill set. The only reason that I could see TT even offering him a contract is because as Aarron Nagler from cheeseheadtv.com pointed out, the packers don't want to look like the "bad guy" in the eyes of their supporters. If Kampman does walk TT can say that at least they tried to keep the guy.

Members online

Latest posts