packers.com announces cuts

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but agreeing to a deal with Deion Branch and trading a 2nd round pick for him works for me. Then cut or trade Robert Ferguson and pickup someone and we got 5. :p

Never would happen but it certainly would look good.

Would love to get Deion right now. Driver, Jennings, Branch works for me at WR.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
porky88 said:
Cory said:
Leach scares me because he doesn't fit the scheme but hanging onto him as a blocker is find by me. I’d like to see him work on his hands better though.

4 WR's is even scarier. I don't like that move. Lucas and Butler were cut last week and now the other 3 this week. That leaves us with Driver, Jennings, Ferguson and Martin. All I agree with. I just believe 1 or maybe 2 extra WR's is needed. Hopefully he brings someone in. Last year we had 3 WR's for the majority of the year and it killed us. If another WR isn't brough in, I'll be very dissapointed. It doesn't even need to be a big name guy out there. Just someone that can run routes and catch works for me.[/quote]

Does that mean we should cut Ferguson, too? :D

No but agreeing to a deal with Deion Branch and trading a 2nd round pick for him works for me. Then cut or trade Robert Ferguson and pickup someone and we got 5. :p

actually it was reported that the Pats wanted 2 first round picks not 1 second so you can really get on Ted for not getting a deal done with the Pats

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:
Leach scares me because he doesn't fit the scheme but hanging onto him as a blocker is find by me. I’d like to see him work on his hands better though.

4 WR's is even scarier. I don't like that move. Lucas and Butler were cut last week and now the other 3 this week. That leaves us with Driver, Jennings, Ferguson and Martin. All I agree with. I just believe 1 or maybe 2 extra WR's is needed. Hopefully he brings someone in. Last year we had 3 WR's for the majority of the year and it killed us. If another WR isn't brough in, I'll be very dissapointed. It doesn't even need to be a big name guy out there. Just someone that can run routes and catch works for me.[/quote]

actually it was reported that the Pats wanted 2 first round picks not 1 second so you can really get on Ted for not getting a deal done with the Pats

I'm not really bashing Thompson for that. I'm more so dreaming. New England is crazy though. They won't get a 1st for him. The best offer was from the Jets and I think the Patriots aren't going to trade him to a divsion rival. If Green Bay were to offer the same deal, I think New England would consider it before the Jets. Heck even a 2nd and 5th would be decent compensation.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Cory said:

I see some decent recievers floating around

Calico, Gaffney, or even the Watts kid from Denver, AND lets not forget Taco Wallace!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:

I see some decent recievers floating around

Calico, Gaffney, or even the Watts kid from Denver, AND lets not forget Taco Wallace!

Watts is a good one I wouldn't mind bringing in, either. Forgot about him. Taco Wallace is gonna be snatched up too quickly. I bet he becomes the starter somewhere like...the cardinals :lol:

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
porky88 said:
thetombradyhater said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:

I'm not really bashing Thompson for that. I'm more so dreaming. New England is crazy though. They won't get a 1st for him. The best offer was from the Jets and I think the Patriots aren't going to trade him to a divsion rival. If Green Bay were to offer the same deal, I think New England would consider it before the Jets. Heck even a 2nd and 5th would be decent compensation.

I don't think the Pats would take a 2nd and 5th, their a very smart team and right now they have the leverage with branch.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots aren't going to trade Branch. They were offered a 2nd rounder and rumor is that their was a pretty decent player offered as well and the Patriots refused it. ProFootballTalk thinks that the Patriots just let Branch negotiate with other teams to show that Branch wasn't going to get as big of a contract as he was going for in contract negotiation renewal, but that plan backfired because Branch was offered a ton of money. I don't see any possibility whatsoever of Branch coming to the Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
The Patriots aren't going to trade Branch. They were offered a 2nd rounder and rumor is that their was a pretty decent player offered as well and the Patriots refused it. ProFootballTalk thinks that the Patriots just let Branch negotiate with other teams to show that Branch wasn't going to get as big of a contract as he was going for in contract negotiation renewal, but that plan backfired because Branch was offered a ton of money. I don't see any possibility whatsoever of Branch coming to the Packers.

Neither do I but I think New England is going to lose that leverage fast. Chad Jackson has been a dissapointment and Troy Brown can't get it all done at his age. Ben Watson and Daniel Graham will be relied on heavily and their TE's. So letting Branch sit really does hurt them more than they think. I don't like to question New England but they're not the team they were 2 years ago. They've lost a lot of guys.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked Manning. From what I saw of Davenport in pre-season I was not surprised. I would like to see us pick up a\ OL and Fred Matua who was a guard on the USC team was cut by Vikings. Might be worth looking at although he was not rated that high in the draft. But we really need some experience on the OL and that is what we should look for. None of the others surprised me except maybe Peterson who was hurt in game and could have been put on PUP.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gardner, Rodger, and Brewster getting cut to me is a surprise because I had atleast one of them in the roster. Davenport well I liked him and his injurys kind of ruined his chances so goodluck to him wherever he goes. Hawkins is gone so that means Jason Horton having to step up (that is if he plays). Hopefully The Packers will pick up another WR and maybe a good one at that :).

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few queatsions. Do you think some of these releases were made to make space and money to bring in a different WR? I don't see this happening but with Henderson fighting injuries and Luchey cut yesterday any chance we bring him in?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
A few queatsions. Do you think some of these releases were made to make space and money to bring in a different WR? I don't see this happening but with Henderson fighting injuries and Luchey cut yesterday any chance we bring him in?

No, I can't see it.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

Yeah atleast Leach can block and I dont see Luckey doing too well, But I will admit he made some good receptions against Denver.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that both FA WR's that TT brought in were both released...Gardner and Boreigter.

Interesting....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think its good we have a GM who isn't afraid to admit he made a mistake. I think he showed that by cutting Cory Rodgers whom he drafted less than three months ago as well as cutting some guys he just signed this off season.

Shows me hes not perfect (no one is, cept favre of course...... ahem heh) and that he's wiling to do what it takes. He struck out on those guys, so he's gonna move on and look for something better.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that one of the reasons TT likes to accumulate draft choices is because he can then afford to take gambles on high-risk/high-reward talents, and if they don't work out, it's easier to cut bait.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
:eek: Think most posts are forgetting about Herron who apparently has done pretty well during pre-season.

Excellent Chi

It wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibiltiies here that Davenport just had his *** beat out this year in TC. One thing I think some of us or all of us do is fall in love with our own players.

Chi how was the fishing this summer?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I think its good we have a GM who isn't afraid to admit he made a mistake. I think he showed that by cutting Cory Rodgers whom he drafted less than three months ago as well as cutting some guys he just signed this off season.

Shows me hes not perfect (no one is, cept favre of course...... ahem heh) and that he's wiling to do what it takes. He struck out on those guys, so he's gonna move on and look for something better.

I think a great point was brought up by the fact that he KEPT Ruvell Martin and CUT a 4th round pick in Cory Rodgers. Performance actually means something.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised by them cutting Davenport, but then again, Herron and Beach showed a lot of potential. Davenport was too injury ridden.

Agree with most of the sentiment that either having 4 WRs is a mistake, or TT knows what he's doing and will bring in a 5th from elsewhere. I'm hoping it's the latter.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
I'm surprised by them cutting Davenport, but then again, Herron and Beach showed a lot of potential. Davenport was too injury ridden.

Agree with most of the sentiment that either having 4 WRs is a mistake, or TT knows what he's doing and will bring in a 5th from elsewhere. I'm hoping it's the latter.

I doubt he's going to stick with 4. I just think there was barely 5 recievers to choose from. They will pick someone else up in FA.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Gardner going was a surprise to me. Only because he was one of the few veteran WR's.

sorry, but i just never felt you have a washed up player play #4. either the guy starts, or he just isin't good enough to play.

usually #4 & #5 wr is a young player with some upside to him, not a washed up has been.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is complete roster.

One question I have is Vince Butler is still listed as on the 53 man roster, if that is true The Packers have 5 wr's on the roster and are only 1 man short.

Anyone know what's up with Vince Butler???

POS PLAYER
C CHRIS WHITE
C SCOT WELLS
G/C JASON SPITZ
G/T DARYN COLLEGE
G/T TONY MOLL
T/G JUNIUS COSTON
T CHAD CLIFTON
T MARK TAUSCHER

TE TROY HIMPREY
TE BUBBA FRANKS
TE DAVID MARTIN
TE DONALD LEE

POS PLAYER
WR VINCE BUTLER ?? WHO IS THIS ??WR
WR DONALD DRIVER
WR GREG JENNINGS
WR RUVELL MARTIN
WR ROBERT FERGUSON

FB VONTE LEACH
FB WILLIAM HENDERSON

RB SAMKON GADO
RB AHMAN GREEN
RB NOAH HERRON

QB BRETT FAVRE
QB AARON RODGERS
QB INGLE MARTIN

POS PLAYER
DT COLIN COLE
DT KENDRICK ALLEN
DT JOHNNY JOLLY
DT RYAN PICKETT
DT COREY WILLIAMS

DT/DE CULLEN JENKINS

DE KABEER GBAJA-BIAMILA
DE JASON HUNTER
DE AARON KAMPMAN
DE MICHEAL MONTGOMERY

POS PLAYER
LB BEN TAYLOR
LB TRACY WHITE
LB ABDUL HODGE
LB A.J. HAWK
LB NICK BARNETT
LB BRADY POPPINGA

CB JASON HORTON
CB AL HARRIS
CB AHMAD CARROLL
CB CHARLES WOODSON
CB WILL BLACKMON

S NICK COLLINS
S TYRONE CULVE
S MARQUAND MANUAL

LS ROB DAVIS
P JOHN RYAN
K DAVE RAYNOR

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going with 3 safeties? They definitely need to sign another safety.

Members online

Latest posts