1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Packer's Collector Items

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IPBprez, Dec 15, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I wasn't sure where to post this - so, right here should be fine.

I'm looking for some memorabilia of Gilbert Brown - the best damn Nose Tackle in my lifetime... and we all know there've been some greats.

I've been searching E-bay (buyin' a few things, too) and there's almost nothing out there about Gilbert Brown. Anyone ever figure out why?

I've even asked for a yellow jersey of ol' 93, but nuthin'....

2. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No memorabilia, just some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Amazing - I'm having several of these done up for plaque mounting in my Shrine, especially the Reggie/Gilbert pic. Do you guys know, that ever since that photo of Gravedigger and the Chunky Soup cans was published - the Packers have never lost that contest? I take it, that the QB being crushed by Gilbert is Steve Young(?) LOL.... Should send him a reminder photo - so he can discuss it on ESPN... :twisted: Thanks a bunch for these photos... I have a few downloaded, but these are awesome. I have one of Reggie, collecting the Team around him before a game -an amazing sign of Leadership and fellowship, as I've ever seen - it's also going on my wall, right next to my painting of Reggie's Triple Threat/Corinthians.

Longtimefan privately sent me a pic of Gilbert's shovel - which I seriously would like to have.... NOW THAT would be an outstanding find.

Keep em comin' guys - I got feeler's out everywhere......

The Packers always seem to focus only on Bart, Nitschke, Kramer,etc and then Favre, White, Sharpe, Majik Man - but the guys who got the work done, never get enough congratulation for their efforts... Seriously, how many of you have something from LeRoy Butler in your collections? I'm hoping to get his autograph this year.... right next to Nick Collins.

4. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well IPB there is not much out there except Jerseys, cards, and signed 8x10's. I did recieve some stuff from him in the past through a freind of mine(he is his girlfriend's uncle), a jar of "Gilbert Brown Peanut Butter", A "G.B. 93 autograped Burger King Baseball Cap".(remember the "Gilbert Burger"? :shock: ) On a side note, I did pick up a game worn "away" jersey at the Packer's June tent sale when he first came to Green Bay. It was ripped from the neck to the sleeve and it is so huge you could make a tent out of it! I beleive he had a candy bar too. (I've got Brett's MVP bar and a Reggie White bar("Sacked in peanuts"). One of these should pop up on E-Bay once in a while.

I,m selling a Brett Favre Southern Miss. figure right now. Pass your cursor over the blank spot for link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-SO-...ryZ37686QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just wanted to add IF anybody from Packer Forum.com wins there will be some x-tra goodies thrown in!

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that .......

Guys - Here this weekend, I'm going to upload a bunch of pictures to this Site - many of them will be those collectibles I've reserved for my Shrine. I have a loft which can see down to my fireplace and from downstairs, people will be able to see many of those items, but the real treat will be when you head upstairs. I've got one section of the wall reserved for a giant artwork of Lambeau Field - yet to be chosen... but, it will be bigger than much of what's out there right now. I may just have a picture blown up and framed from when I've been there already.

Keep yer eyes peeled....

6. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did I mension that I love the internet?? :wink: :wink: You needn't be able to read or write, just look at the pictures, like comic- books.

Here are both, Gilbert and LeRoy

together...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and each for himself.

"You see that guy with #5 on his shirt, Gilbert?? Go, get him!!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Houston, we have a lift-off"

[​IMG]

7. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually it's Jeff Garcia. Steve Young wore #8, not #5.

8. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just added on that if somebody from this forum wins, let me know, and I have some x-tra goodies thrown in the delivery!

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I may take another gander at that - I log in same as here - IPBprez
    When I went thru another purchase - the Seller threw in a couple of extras afte a slight disagreement - NOW, I have a "for real" SuperBowl Car Flag - the one with the ringlets on it - not the generic one.. been lookin fer that for years....