Packers clinch playoffs

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Giants win over the Redskins the Packers have officially clinched the playoffs for the 8th straight season! Will be the 6 seed @ Seattle if they lose in Detroit tonight and the 4 seed hosting the Giants if they win or tie.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Eli plays like he did in this game ......well I'd be ok with a Giants rematch

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Packers are in, MM will likely rest some starters in the second half. The Packers will use the playoff berth to relax. Running the table doesn't mean as much to them now that they are in.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Packers are in, MM will likely rest some starters in the second half. The Packers will use the playoff berth to relax. Running the table doesn't mean as much to them now that they are in.
Only if they're up by 42. Winning the division still means something.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Resting starters would be a terrible idea.

Hosting the Giants is much better than traveling to Seattle.

Reaction score
Resting starters is something you do when the outcome of the game has no impact to your playoff circumstances. This game does, they won't do that

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers under MM are not a team that finds it easy to put the pedal to the medal. They often look for situations to relax such as when they build a lead. I am basing my assertion that they will relax based upon their past behavior.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers under MM are not a team that finds it easy to put the pedal to the medal. They often look for situations to relax such as when they build a lead. I am basing my assertion that they will relax based upon their past behavior.

Relaxing is one thing but benching starters and treating the game as not meaningful won't happen.

Reaction score
You're right but it's usually complacency in play calling, they don't pull starters

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense looks flat so far so while it's early, they seem to be playing to form. Defense has already used up its two stops for the game

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Team is out if synch. Lots of mistakes but Detroit is winning the battle at the line if scrimmage. Pack o line picked a bad time to go into a slump.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts