Packers claim former Jaguars RB Tyler Ervin

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Per Ian Rapoport. Obviously not earth shattering, but interesting nevertheless. I don't think it suggests health issues with Jones or Williams, but rather a lack of confidence in current depth options.

EDIT: The Packers have released returner Tre Smith to make room.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stinks...I really thought Dexter would be our #3 for sure...clearly cannot pick up the playbook

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell!?!? We cut Tre Smith! He was our best punt returner having amassed 3 yards! How we gonna replace that I ask you?

At that rate we would have had positive yardage on the season.

Makes ZERO sense!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell!?!? We cut Tre Smith! He was our best punt returner having amassed 3 yards! How we gonna replace that I ask you?

Makes ZERO sense!
Trevor Davis is back on the market.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Special Teams is a .....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A peak in at the Special Teams coaching Room.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trevor Davis is back on the market.
But Tre Smith, you could see it in him. It was exciting because you knew every time he was back there fielding a punt he had the potential to rip off a 5 yarder. He was that explosive and elusive. Damn. This sucks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But Tre Smith, you could see it in him. It was exciting because you knew every time he was back there fielding a punt he had the potential to rip off a 5 yarder. He was that explosive and elusive. Damn. This sucks.

He had the potential to knock Trevor Davis out as our leading punt returner this season.

Trevor leads all Packers through 12 games, with a +1 yd on 3 returns!

I'm just saying he's available. I didn't say it would be a good idea to bring him back.

I know and I was just "giving you the business". Actually, given what everyone has (hasn't done) returning punts since Davis was traded, picking him up off of waivers isn't that far fetched. He averaged 8.5 yds/return with the Raiders this year and is familiar enough with the Packer offense that he would fit right back in as an emergency WR.

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Trevo
We keep tinkering with potions where we do not need to....

?? We could definitely stand to upgrade at KR/PR. I'm not sure if this guy fits that bill or not. We also don't have a RB3 who has been able to make the field with any degree of reliability. So yes, it is a move that makes sense.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Trevo

?? We could definitely stand to upgrade at KR/PR. I'm not sure if this guy fits that bill or not. We also don't have a RB3 who has been able to make the field with any degree of reliability. So yes, it is a move that makes sense.
These moves don't make any difference to our season. Or next.

D

Deleted member 6794

Stinks...I really thought Dexter would be our #3 for sure...clearly cannot pick up the playbook

The Packers will use Ervin as a returner. He won't see the field as a running back.

Unfortunately I don't think it matters as the blocking is too atrocious for any returner to make a difference.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Makes ZERO sense!
On a more serious note.... you can add a fumble that luckily went out of bounds to that 3 yard total.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Dolphins claimed Trevor Davis off Waivers yesterday, so even if the Packers had wanted to bring him back, they had at least one team ahead of them that wanted him. Good for Trevor.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually love this pick up and I think he can see the field as a running back eventually in certain situations if we can be creative.

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually love this pick up and I think he can see the field as a running back eventually in certain situations if we can be creative.

Ervin has a total of 19 touches on offense in four years in the league. I rather have Jones and Williams on the field.

Members online

Latest posts