Packers chances at... home field advantage???

12theTruth

Wow, a look at the standings and remaining schedules, the Packers look to have a realistic chance for home field advantage should we beat the Giants on the road.
Here's why. Atlanta has a difficult schedule the rest of the way. 49ers have 3 difficult road games too. If Bears lose tommorrow night, we pull even and would then have the current tiebreaker with them at 7-3. If 49ers lose we are then only a half a game behind the 49ers and still have a chance to catch Chicago with the matchup at Soldier Field.

The Falcons have a 2 game advantage on the Pack but with their schedule and the way they've been playing. (Matt Ryan had 0 Td's and 5 Int's today and the Falcons still won)

Can the Packers run the table? Not likely, but its fun to consider the possibility.

Of the 6 games remaining after this week the Falcons and 49ers have some tough matchups

Falcons @ Tampa Bay
vs New Orleans
vs N.Y. Giants
vs Tampa Bay

49ers

@ New Orleans
@ New England
@ Seattle

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First thing is getting 10 wins on the season, then the next goal is winning the division and then its homefield advantage throughout playoffs.

We have a tough road ahead so lets just look forward to our 10 wins first! :p

Reaction score
Atlanta are nothing but chokers in the playoffs. We proved that. Let them get Home Field. We had it last year and look what happened. We win when we're hungry, not when things are given to us.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I would rather win this on the road, when we did it in 2010, we played with a nothing to lose ATTITUDE, at home like our 15-1 season, we were too over confident, and underestimated a hot road team, I don't think that will happen again.....

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home field throughout the playoffs makes for a nice story line, but is hardly an advantage and is largely overrated..

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping New Orleans gets knocked out, They worry me.
I agree lets the falcons beat them and give them 6 loses and hopefully knocking them out of the playoffs. We don't need to play an offense like the saints in the playoffs would much prefer a cowboy team as the 6th seed and us as the 3 seed. With the 49ers and falcons getting the top 2 spots.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can't get to the Superbowl with HFA in the NFC, if the past 5 years are any indication. In fact, your best bet is the #6 seed :confused:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of playing in SF. So, any seed that avoids SF in SF is ok with me.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My preseason pick was the Saints to win the Super Bowl. I still think they'll win it all. Along with the 49ers and Giants, those are the teams I'm worried about. I'd like any game against those teams to be at home.

Members online