1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers center Wells has concerns about TV mikes

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Sep 16, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    not sure who knew this..But the centers are miked up during certain games...I noticed it right away, that the q/b seemed louder than normal

NFL.com news: Wired-up Packers center Wells has concerns about TV mikes

2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Faux explained it during the game.
    I couldn't believe it and had similar thoughts to Wells.
    That another team will use it against their opponent.

It's not just a terrible idea. It's a dumb dumb dumb idea.
    I wonder who thought of this one?
    Did the Pats coach, Bill Bellacheat come up with this idea?
    Even not, I'm sure he's doing cartwheels and clicking his heels over this.

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Word, Talk about giving the D a big helping freaking hand. Although GB could use it to their advantage and basically change the audibles to something else to trick the D if they were trying to learn the offense. Talk about a PITA to have to change your audibles every game. How often do they change them during a season?

I'd go to a silent snap count during the games they had the mics on the center. F em.

4. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    wow that's crazy, but just how fast can the defense adjust in the time of 2 or 3 seconds before the snap? is the idea that the DC would be watching the broadcast in the booth, listen, and then change the play, that sounds pretty hard to do in time

5. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    It wouldnt have to be done at that moment. They could trend the calls. In other words if a team makes adjustments at the line, and the opponent notices (hears) the call from the QB and then then adjusts the defense, the only thing the D-Coord would have to do is say "every time Rodgers says ANIMAL (example), they are changing the WR routes to curls" or something along those lines, after he notices the trend (every time Rodgers says animal, the offense adjusts).

I understand the concern

6. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Its stupid, I understand wanting to make the fans feel more into the game but it can be abused. You basically have a microphone in the huddle and its an accident waiting to happen. I want less technology in the game, I am already sick of all the instant replays.

• Like Like x 2