Packers bringing in WR

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think giving Brady the credit for every SB is ridiculous and a discredit to the rest of the team, seeing as they usually ended with the FG kicker ending the game, and we saw how the most recent one ended. Any QB worth his salt can drive a team into FG range in a 2 minute drill.

Rodgers has failed 2, 2 point conversions and 1st and goal at the 7 or 9 to tie or win games just this year alone. And I think he's worth a salt. Maybe even a pepper

Also...

Aaron went 19/34 178 1TD and 2INT last year in the NFC championship game.

Two weeks later against the same team...

Brady went 37/50 328 4TD and 2INT vs the same team.

If Brady would have gotten the 4 INTs and fumble recovery the Packers defense got in that game they would have won by 50.

Same this year against common opponenets, look at Aaron and Brady vs Denver.

And don't tell me in either of those scenarios Brady had more weapons than Rodgers. Truth be told whether Packer fans like to admit it or not Brady Belichick > Rodgers McCarthy... It's a mix for sure, but Brady is one hell of a quarterback as well. Discount it if you want, and it is painful... But he is one of the best all-time. Period.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has failed 2, 2 point conversions and 1st and goal at the 7 or 9 to tie or win games just this year alone. And I think he's worth a salt. Maybe even a pepper

Also...

Aaron went 19/34 178 1TD and 2INT last year in the NFC championship game.

Two weeks later against the same team...

Brady went 37/50 328 4TD and 2INT vs the same team.

If Brady would have gotten the 4 INTs and fumble recovery the Packers defense got in that game they would have won by 50.

Same this year against common opponenets, look at Aaron and Brady vs Denver.

And don't tell me in either of those scenarios Brady had more weapons than Rodgers. Truth be told whether Packer fans like to admit it or not Brady Belichick > Rodgers McCarthy... It's a mix for sure, but Brady is one hell of a quarterback as well. Discount it if you want, and it is painful... But he is one of the best all-time. Period.
You mean when Adams dropped the game tying 2 point conversion? Or when Crosby missed the game-winning FG after Rodgers put him in position? Or when Jones And Adams dropped the game winning TD? And when Rodgers took them down the field against Seattle to tie the game, then Seattle won the game on a long TD pass in OT? And GB dropped the onside kick?

Look at stats all you want, but it's clear that Rodgers' team let him down when it mattered, whereas Brady's stepped up. And one of those INTs against Seattle was on a ridiculous no-call for an offsides which should have been a free play, and the other, Cobb ran the wrong route.

I can't take away anything from Brady, he's great, but so is his coach and team. I can't say the same about the latter two for GB.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean when Adams dropped the game tying 2 point conversion? Or when Crosby missed the game-winning FG after Rodgers put him in position? Or when Jones And Adams dropped the game winning TD? And when Rodgers took them down the field against Seattle to tie the game, then Seattle won the game on a long TD pass in OT? And GB dropped the onside kick?

Look at stats all you want, but it's clear that Rodgers' team let him down when it mattered, whereas Brady's stepped up. And one of those INTs against Seattle was on a ridiculous no-call for an offsides which should have been a free play, and the other, Cobb ran the wrong route.

I can't take away anything from Brady, he's great, but so is his coach and team. I can't say the same about the latter two for GB.

No I don't... And you are wrong on both accounts. 1. that was a horrible pass behind Adams on that one two point conversion. (Go back and look and tell me im wrong. And im not saying adams catches it either way but it was a bad pass) And Cobb was wide open on the other vs Carolina.

2. Are you talking about the one Masthay blocked? Rodgers didn't put him in position either... They got a lucky onside kick (From Crosby) back and Rodger went a couple yards lol. Of which you are forgetting about the bad pass that ends the game at that point.

Who cares "why" he threw the interceptions. Fact remains Rodgers was downright awful in that game. 5 turnovers and you lose? The "best" quarterback in the league puts up 22 points off of 5 turnovers. Fact is Rodgers play like garbage in that game. Is there other things that went wrong? For sure. But that was a **** performance from a league MVP with all his weapons. Rodgers let down Packer nation that day. And it's ok... It happens. But just call it like it is.

No I do like Belichick more than McCarthy, but people take FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR too much away from Brady, if Rodgers had those rings we would be declaring him GOAT, naming a city after him and making a national holiday. But because its Brady everyone has a say. Belichick is good. But Brady still has to preform under pressure. Still has to do his job. And he worked over Seattle that day.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was on one leg in that game... but he did not play well. Let's not talk about that game plz.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to the topic though... How do you guys feel about bringing in someone higher 3rd or 4th round to be on the other side of Jordy? Or TE? Maybe a true stud?

I still feel like I would rather see Clay back outside permanently though and get move up to get an actual ILB.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to the topic though... How do you guys feel about bringing in someone higher 3rd or 4th round to be on the other side of Jordy? Or TE? Maybe a true stud?

I still feel like I would rather see Clay back outside permanently though and get move up to get an actual ILB.
I'd love to see another big/fast receiver or preferably an athletic TE. Thompson just doesn't seem to be big on those guys.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I want another WR whether or not Jordy makes it all the way back. And a TE to be a legitimate threat in the passing game.

D

Deleted member 6794

speed n0t being the only attribute is kind of my point, so why are you so adamant to prove to me our offense is not producing because we have none? Our guys are fast enough to play in the league, they aren't doing the other things they need to do. Sure I'd love more speed, what I'd love even more is for them to catch the ball that lands in their hands.

None of us has ever posted that speed is the most important attribute for a receiver but it sure doesn´t hurt either. Especially with the Packers current receiving corps as all of our receivers have trouble getting open by running crisp routes or coming down with contested balls.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of us has ever posted that speed is the most important attribute for a receiver but it sure doesn´t hurt either. Especially with the Packers current receiving corps as all of our receivers have trouble getting open by running crisp routes or coming down with contested balls.
Having a receiver out there with speed, or at least a receiver who had good route running skills AND hands would make teams rethink man coverage. But we have neither. They are getting shut down every play and our incompetent OC does nothing to help our offense.

Russell Breunig

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was working at the same car dealership that Ted went free agent shopping a couple of years ago.

There seems like there is a kernel of truth here. Adams is terrible as a receiver. All I need to do is watch him try to beat a DB. Thompson's draft & develope seems to close to what the kind of player he was. Follow the money trail....

Russell Breunig

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having a receiver out there with speed, or at least a receiver who had good route running skills AND hands would make teams rethink man coverage. But we have neither. They are getting shut down every play and our incompetent OC does nothing to help our offense.

This sounds pretty accurate to us fans. Follow the money trail.

Russell Breunig

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All I need to do is watch other teams that have for receivers someone as you say. They can't get open, Adams expects a flag every time they throw his way.

Russell Breunig

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This seems accurate every play almost. Why do the fans & other teams see this but not Ted Thompson. Mark Murghy just smiles all the way to the bank.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thompson's draft & develope seems to close to what the kind of player he was. Follow the money trail....
Care to translate that first sentence for us? And instead of continually posting "Follow the money trail" how about explaining what you're talking about. BTW, if you could not only bold and italicize your answer but make it in bigger font, it will carry even greater meaning.

Members online

Latest posts