Packers biggest need

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you being humorous? I can't tell.

If not you should see its alot of shady tackling and the other options are well covered. It's not like an offense is designed for only 1 WR. The other corners are doing their jobs. I'm so sick of seeing WRs having a career day

I was trying to be.

Tramon is terrible. He is a step late and out of position every play and they own him....and he can't tackle. Casey is young and was good for a rookie and shields seems to get it done most of the time. Tramon and the rb/te on the linebackers are where teams get their yards.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Barrett Jones in the first round. He should be there when we pick. Not many teams will pick a center in Rd. 1. Release Hawk, keep Finley. Can't lose jennings and finley at the same time. Put finley at WR.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Barrett Jones in the first round. He should be there when we pick. Not many teams will pick a center in Rd. 1. Release Hawk, keep Finley. Can't lose jennings and finley at the same time. Put finley at WR.
Finley seems to have shut up some. He can stay for now because DJ williams can't stay healthy and idk who they may draft.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that this should be a draft the TT has to do something big, i.e trades to move up and make a splash pick. We have a lot of players in place now. I think we have a good "farm system". he needs to make a statement this offseason.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
There ARE teams that will pick a Guard, his more natural position. Release Hawk and pay all that penalty?

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alec Ogletree isn't physical... he's more finesse and frankly I'm tired of finesse with this defense. I'd love to have Rhodes, but he'll be long gone. There's no way Minter makes it to us in the 2nd. Plus we'll probably take a wide receiver in the second.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
This D seems too soft for my liking. As a matter of fact, this whole team, coaches included, seems a bit soft.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
merged two threads....we dont need a team need thread and a team needs from draft and fa

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistically, no team other than Seattle was better defending the pass than us this year. I wouldn't mind us looking at a safety, but I don't think corner is the problem.

Shields is really emerging, as is Hayward. Tramon definitely isn't elite anymore but let's look at his whole body of work this year, not just 2 out of the last 3 games. He hasn't had a bad year.

House is another guy, that if healthy, could be a solid corner. #1 to #4, I think we've got a pretty solid group. I'm fine with looking for a flyer project corner with a late pick, but to me there are much bigger needs on this team than corner to look at addressing CB with a first day pick.

Fundamentally, we have to get better. I don't know if that starts with the coaching, or aggressive players, or what. We don't tackle well, we don't force fumbles, we don't create turnovers that we rely on to be successful.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Wonder if he'll agree to a MASSIVE pay cut?
2012: $4.4 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2013: $4.9 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2014: $4.9 million (+ $800,000 roster bonus), 2015: $5.4 million (+ $800,000 roster bonus), 2016: Free Agent
Age as of end of 2012 season: 29.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistically, no team other than Seattle was better defending the pass than us this year. I wouldn't mind us looking at a safety, but I don't think corner is the problem.

Shields is really emerging, as is Hayward. Tramon definitely isn't elite anymore but let's look at his whole body of work this year, not just 2 out of the last 3 games. He hasn't had a bad year.

House is another guy, that if healthy, could be a solid corner. #1 to #4, I think we've got a pretty solid group. I'm fine with looking for a flyer project corner with a late pick, but to me there are much bigger needs on this team than corner to look at addressing CB with a first day pick.

Fundamentally, we have to get better. I don't know if that starts with the coaching, or aggressive players, or what. We don't tackle well, we don't force fumbles, we don't create turnovers that we rely on to be successful.
I'm having trouble believing that. I'm not saying you're lying, but the amount of 3rd and long plays. Team were eating us up in the middle of the field and consistently bombing the ball down the field.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm having trouble believing that. I'm not saying you're lying, but the amount of 3rd and long plays. Team were eating us up in the middle of the field and consistently bombing the ball down the field.
3rd in Pass D 11th in Run D and 9th Overall D
8th Pass O, 10th Rush O, 8th Overall O

wait, that's post season my bad

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
11th in Pass D 17th in Run D and 11th Overall D
9th Pass O, 20th Rush O, 13th Overall O

Regular season

12theTruth

Coaching wise the biggest need is to remove Campen followed close behind by a replacement for Dom Capers

Position wise I'd say we need a linebacker who has an intimidating presence in coverage and against the run. A backer who has good lateral quickness and can intimidate a RB, WR, or TE which enters into his territory.

Wayne Simmons and Nick Barnett were probably the closest Packer players to match to this over the last 20 years.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think a lack of a pass rush is more to blame for those 3rd-and-long conversions. For the past two years, CM3 is the only consistent pass rusher on the defense. If the pass rush gets to the quarterback before the receiver has a chance to run 8 or 10 yards, it makes converting a 3rd-and-long much harder.

I would have liked to have seen a full year of Nick Perry. The only move we saw this year out of him was a bull rush. We know he can play the run, but does he have the tools to be a completed OLB in the 3-4?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think a lack of a pass rush is more to blame for those 3rd-and-long conversions. For the past two years, CM3 is the only consistent pass rusher on the defense. If the pass rush gets to the quarterback before the receiver has a chance to run 8 or 10 yards, it makes converting a 3rd-and-long much harder.

I would have liked to have seen a full year of Nick Perry. The only move we saw this year out of him was a bull rush. We know he can play the run, but does he have the tools to be a completed OLB in the 3-4?
Physical? Yes. Needs technique.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2012: $4.4 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2013: $4.9 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2014: $4.9 million (+ $800,000 roster bonus), 2015: $5.4 million (+ $800,000 roster bonus), 2016: Free Agent
Age as of end of 2012 season: 29.

A pay cut might be the smartest move. Hawk is just not good enough to take up that much cap space without justifying the money with his play. TT is good at "restructuring" contracts. Even without a change to the contract, I can't see the Packers paying the $800k roster bonus in 2014.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
A pay cut might be the smartest move. Hawk is just not good enough to take up that much cap space without justifying the money with his play. TT is good at "restructuring" contracts. Even without a change to the contract, I can't see the Packers paying the $800k roster bonus in 2014.
2014 is the first year it's reasonable to cut him, that's why the bonus jumps.

Members online

Latest posts