Packers biggest need

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alec Ogletree isn't physical... he's more finesse and frankly I'm tired of finesse with this defense. I'd love to have Rhodes, but he'll be long gone. There's no way Minter makes it to us in the 2nd. Plus we'll probably take a wide receiver in the second.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I say for offense our priority is
O-Line
RB
TE
WR

I will be honest, I am an offensive guru but defense evades me. Only thing I notice with our D is lack of awareness and poor tackling.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we're fine at corner.

I would like to see a more athletic, quicker ILB.

D-line is a need. We were gashed in the run constantly late in the year, and our D-line also fails to generate any sort of consistent pass rush. I have no more long-term interest in Raji, who I feel is one of the more overrated D-linemen in the league. Pickett may not even be back at his salary.

Go ahead and build around Worthy and Daniels. See what you have in Neal for one more year. But they need more help here.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think an experienced ZBS coach for the OL is a high priority. I don't think the staff has anyone experienced in it, they are learning on the fly. If not that then retool the OL for a more physical presence.
The DL constantly needs replenishment. None are exceptional and only a few are better than average.
A LB that can cover the TE. Height and speed.
Defense needs an enforcer. Haven't had one in quite a few years.
Jennings needs replacement. Time to restock.
I never thought a RB needed to be a high pick until I saw Benson early this year. His first few carries were eye opening as to what a top 5 pick RB at his best looks like. Almost a quantum jump from what Starks and Saine had been putting out.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't think we need to pick a RB high, if at all.

If they brought Benson back again on a cheap 1 year deal and platooned him with Harris, I'd be perfectly happy with that. Good power/speed combo.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an awesome breakdown on how teams rank against others teams #1,2,3,4 WRs. Packers dominated against all of them expect the #1. It's been a struggle for awhile.

9ers front office has done great things and I am envious.

Reaction score
Composure ... The giants in the mid eighties blew out Joe Montana and the 49ers ...
(way worse than we were blown out)
They kept their composure - continued drafting and developing young players - were loyal to their coaches - then went on to win a couple more superbowls.

Reaction score
Would be nice to give Aaron more time in the pocket and establish some run blocking. I have to go with o-line and maybe some tougher inside linebackers

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an awesome breakdown on how teams rank against others teams #1,2,3,4 WRs. Packers dominated against all of them expect the #1. It's been a struggle for awhile.

9ers front office has done great things and I am envious.
why throw to your 2nd read when the 1st is always open??

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.) Wide out to replace Jennings
2.) Center and possibly a Tackle depending on the health of ours
3.) ILB with a mean streak
4.) Tight End if we lose Finley
5.) New DC
6.) Maybe it's time to bring in a good OC
7.) DL with some power. God our boys are weak.

This is not in any kind of order, but I think these are moves that need to take place.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why throw to your 2nd read when the 1st is always open??

Are you being humorous? I can't tell.

If not you should see its alot of shady tackling and the other options are well covered. It's not like an offense is designed for only 1 WR. The other corners are doing their jobs. I'm so sick of seeing WRs having a career day

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Biggest needs? Really depends on our FA.

EDS will likely be signed for the center job, and Sat is likely leaving, so a backup is necessary. Tackle is loaded (though Newhouse has only a year) and Guards are set.

Communication in the secondary has been a plague all year, with only one true FS on the roster in MD Jennings, who goes FA in 2014. Burnett can play FS, but he's a better SS and up next year too. FS would be a nice pick.

DD and GJ up this year and JJ up the year after that WR is a good choice.

Quarless is up next year, Crabtree this year, and if we're really opting out of Finley a tall receiving TE would instantly get the premium.

Only way we need a CB is if we lose Shields. Considering how underappreciated he seems to be by the fans here...

If Grant and Benson leave, we have a year on 30 year old Kuhn, and another year of IR for Starks. Power back would be another nice pickup.

Depending on how the brass feels about Coleman's progress, a backup QB could be in play. Harrell has a year left.

Francois, Jones, Walden, Zombo all on the block, but starters are set at those positions, depth is a need if we lose these guys. Lattimore next year.

Pickett and Wilson are up in a year, and so is Neal. NT, Run DE, Rush DE are all in play.

But all bets are off if we go 4-3.

Members online

Latest posts