1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers Biggest Competition In The Nfc Is....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jules, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,222
    After watching the games this weekend. I saw what I needed to see. Sure the Niners have Willis, but their secondary can be torched by a team with a smart and accurate QB. Anyone know any teams like that?

2. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    I'm sure GB will torch the Niner secondary for huge yards... until they get to the red zone. That's the thing about the Niner D, they'll allow the big yards outside the RZ then clamp down and limit teams to FGs. It happened last night, just as it did with every other team, good or bad, we've played this year.

3. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,222
    Ahh, but the Packers score from outside the Red Zone, just...like...that. What it will really boil down to is, who has the fire power to score more points? Double Jennings, Nelson is going long. Double Jennings and Nelson, Finley is going long. There's little a team can do to stop the Packers from scoring. Others have tried. Now if a team can find a way to out score Aaron and the fleet feet fleet, then they'll have a chance to win. The Saints came darn close, but that was because they knew they had to outgun these guys.

4. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    Yes they do. And they do it very well.
    I get nervous when opponents are between the 20 and 30 because that's when they have a chance to score a TD. The closer they get to the goal line afterwards, I relax and smile knowing they are most likely to only get 3.

Again, I wouldn't expect a high scoring game. It'll be much like the Giants game... lots of FG's and only a couple TD's.

5. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,222
    I will say this, though, if the 49ers beat the Steelers, they'll have my respect. Right now the Steelers are just getting warmed up. (And I really hate to say that.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Yup, they beat the Pats.

I don't see anyone else in AFC beating PIT in the playoffs.

SuperBowl Rematch???? hmmmmm

7. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    LOL. Yeah that's alright, bro. I mean, if you do, great! But a lot of fans have been saying similar things this year.
    "If you beat Tampa I'll believe."
    "If you beat Philly I'll believe."
    "If you beat Detroit I'll believe."
    "If you beat New York I'll believe."

We're 8-1 now and I believe we'll go 15-1 and face the Packers in the NFCCG!

8. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,222
    I'm not even sure the Niners will beat the Jekyl and Hyde Ravens, let alone the Steelers.

9. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    Well nothing is sure until AFTER the game is played.

But the CHANCES of the Niners going 15-1 are pretty damned good.

10. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Ravens are a damn good team. But, sadly they play to the level of their competition as you can see with their losses. I do think they can beat SF at home though. Flacco may have some issues but still so will the Niners offense.

I pick on Flacco as much as the next guy but that was the same dude who just had a game winning drive against Pittsburgh IN Pittsburgh.

Will the real Ravens please stand up. Please stand up........please stand up.