Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. DE Still + OLB Irvin
  2. DE Worthy + OLB Irvin
  3. OLB McClellin + DE Wolfe
  4. OLB Upshaw + DE Crick
  5. OLB Mercilus + DE Mike Martin
  6. OLB Curry + DE Alameda Ta'amu
WHICH COMBO would each of you prefer out of these 6 options?

Tough call for me.
I think I'd take #2 over all others.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big J. Worthy fan. I didn't watch many college football games last year, but when I did
they were Big 10 games and he always seemed to be playing in the opponents backfield. He even
played well against 1st/2nd round talent - Badgers, Iowa, Georgia, Ohio State, etc. He did take
some plays off, but overall I think he will be a difference maker. When we won the Super Bowl
we do so with OLB like Walden and Zombo. So my choice would be option #2.

My dream scenario is both Worthy and McClellin fall to us and we draft one and then trade
up in round 2 and grab the other.

My second choice would be McClellin and Wolfe. I'm not a big fan of Penn State defensive
players and I don't like the fact Crick is coming off an injury.

OP
OP
PackersDraft

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
  1. DE Still + OLB Irvin
  2. DE Worthy + OLB Irvin
  4. OLB Upshaw + DE Crick

Tough call for me.
Upshaw and Crick out of those. Crick is a first round talent pushed out of the first round due to injury. He didn't have a choice but to declare for the draft because he was a senior. If he was a junior he could have decided to stay another year to solidify his stock as a top 10 pick. Getting two great football players like Upshaw and Crick would be very beneficial and could help us in returning our defense to their 2010 form.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King's 1st round mock has us with Worthy.
That'd be a great start.

They always say a guy takes a play off here and there.... THEY ALL DO.
Raji, Peppers, Haloti Ngata.... Reggie White. They didn't dominate every play.
In fact, in Super Bowl 31, Reggie was mostly quiet, until the end when he had the bang-bang-bang sacks to seal the deal.

Great ones can dominate at the big times.
Average guys do not do that.

I think Worthy has that ability to dominate because I also saw him get the best of some great talent.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy with 2-5.
Just don't like Still, i like Curry's tape but don't think he can convert to the NFL as an OLB.

What about Mercilus+Wolfe?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy with 2-5.
Just don't like Still, i like Curry's tape but don't think he can convert to the NFL as an OLB.

What about Mercilus+Wolfe?

Mercilus + Wolfe would be excellent. Mercilus is better than McClellan IMO, although I'm sure there are many who disagree, and although Wolfe is not as good as Worthy, he still looks like he has a lot of upside.

If there is one caveat to Mercilus, it's that a number of scouting reports do not think he can convert well to an OLB in a 3-4, but is ultimately better as a DE in a 4-3. If that is in fact true, then Mercilus is not our man.

Then again, when I look at some of the OLB rankings on these sites, I have to question their reliability.

OP
OP
PackersDraft

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Now it looks like we need a safety due to Nick Collins being cut. We always have needed one but now it seems to be more urgent. If Harrison Smith drops to us in the second (which I doubt he will) we should snatch him. Trumaine Johnson is a guy I like that we could draft in the third as well as Brandon Taylor. Mark Barron seems to be out of even trade up range at this point. George Iloka is the other guy the Packers are looking at. At 6"4' he fits the bill Ted Thompson looks for in his defensive backs.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. DE Still + OLB Irvin
  2. DE Worthy + OLB Irvin
  4. OLB Upshaw + DE Crick

Tough call for me.

#3 OLB McClellin + DE Wolfe would be my choice

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now it looks like we need a safety due to Nick Collins being cut. We always have needed one but now it seems to be more urgent. If Harrison Smith drops to us in the second (which I doubt he will) we should snatch him. Trumaine Johnson is a guy I like that we could draft in the third as well as Brandon Taylor. Mark Barron seems to be out of even trade up range at this point. George Iloka is the other guy the Packers are looking at. At 6"4' he fits the bill Ted Thompson looks for in his defensive backs.
I like Iloka as much as Smith.
I like all those Boise State guys it seems!
McClellin, Billy Winn, the other DL I forgot his name..... Iloka, Douggy Martin too!

OP
OP
PackersDraft

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I like Iloka as much as Smith.
I like all those Boise State guys it seems!
McClellin, Billy Winn, the other DL I forgot his name..... Iloka, Douggy Martin too!
Yeah, maybe we should just take a Boise State player with every pick. :tup:

Members online

Latest posts