Packers best WR?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson Jennings I'll take the one that's open enough to get the ball, what a problem to have I liked the catch Jordy had yesterday,how many w.r.s would have dropped it Jordy took to the house,Jennings same thing so we have 2 guys that are number 1 works for me.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough choice, but if we had 2 minutes to go 80 yards and score and could only have 1 in the game, I'd have to put Greg on the bench. Though he did make, in my opinion, the most important catch in the super bowl on 3rd and 10 deep in our own territory. When we ran 27 Tampa and he ran the seam route and the ball BARELY nicked off the DB's fingertip and Greg hauled it in around midfield and ALMOST stayed on his feet to take it to the house. Without that play I am certain we punt and lose. We had been sputtering at the time and that was the offensive play of the game.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade nelson for Fitz in a heartbeat. (drooling)

I can't seem to find the "dislike" button. I'll take the younger guy who hasn't even peaked yet and leads the league in YPC any day of the week over someone with a big name.

How you could be "drooling" over getting rid of the leading (statistically) WR on the most potent Packer (and damn near NFL) passing offense of all time is beyond me.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough choice, but if we had 2 minutes to go 80 yards and score and could only have 1 in the game, I'd have to put Greg on the bench. Though he did make, in my opinion, the most important catch in the super bowl on 3rd and 10 deep in our own territory. When we ran 27 Tampa and he ran the seam route and the ball BARELY nicked off the DB's fingertip and Greg hauled it in around midfield and ALMOST stayed on his feet to take it to the house. Without that play I am certain we punt and lose. We had been sputtering at the time and that was the offensive play of the game.

i think you unintentionally contradicted yourself. Jordy had key drops in the superbowl and greg made the catch of the game. I am not sure if this injury is going to affect greg in the playoffs but they are both important and I think you gotta go with the proven one. Like i said, great problem to have.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is the best at the moment and probably for the next year or so. Nelson will be our #1 in a couple years if you ask me, assuming we resign him.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy is great, he's really having an amazing season. But it's Jennings. Jennings has proved he can do it as the focus of the offense, with d's keying in on him, over a consistent amount of time. Jordy has about one game of that.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jennings is the best at the moment and probably for the next year or so. Nelson will be our #1 in a couple years if you ask me, assuming we resign him.

In what way though? It's easy to simply say Jennings is better, but in what ways? I think both of them do certain things better than the other.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jordy is great, he's really having an amazing season. But it's Jennings. Jennings has proved he can do it as the focus of the offense, with d's keying in on him, over a consistent amount of time. Jordy has about one game of that.

Three games.... actually.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In what way though? It's easy to simply say Jennings is better, but in what ways? I think both of them do certain things better than the other.

Jennings is faster, has better hands, is more athletic, etc. Until his skills decline, Jennings is our #1 WR.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the "dislike" button. I'll take the younger guy who hasn't even peaked yet and leads the league in YPC any day of the week over someone with a big name.

How you could be "drooling" over getting rid of the leading (statistically) WR on the most potent Packer (and damn near NFL) passing offense of all time is beyond me.
that "big name" backs it up.
Larry doesn't have QB. Doesn't have an offense around him. Yet puts up good numbers. In our offense? He would put up Moss numbers.

I get it, you have a packers bias. I try not to let being a Packer fan cloud my judgement.

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
Personally, I think Jordy is a bit more talented and has better hands but Jennings is one of the best leaders in the entire leagues. That veteran leadership is invaluable. So bottom line, it's too difficult for me to pick who's better.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think you unintentionally contradicted yourself. Jordy had key drops in the superbowl and greg made the catch of the game. I am not sure if this injury is going to affect greg in the playoffs but they are both important and I think you gotta go with the proven one. Like i said, great problem to have.

I know what I said, but in a what have you done for me lately league, I can't dwell on one game from a different season.