1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers/Bears game comes down to...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Obi1, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Stopping the run.

Packers have a real shot at beating the Bears and moving into the playoffs but I think the key is to stop the Bears running game. Their passing game is good but I think the Packer Pass defense has gotten so much better recently and have been playing well. The match up is pretty close there. The Bears running game, if neutralized will cause the Bears passing game to sputter.

With the Bears defense being as 'great' as it's been noted, Packers may have a difficault time scoring a LOT of points.
    So the Pack must win on defense.

Having said that, Packers did beat the Vikings with their vaunted run defense.

I expect this Packers/Bears game to be a low scoring, grind it out kind of a game that comes down to who wants it the most at the end.

Packers 14, Bears 13

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agree Obi1,

Stopping the run will be key and I expect a low scoring game as well !!!

3. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Winnepeg!

Its good to see that you are still here... It's been a while.
    Its good to be back though.

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think the real key for us on offense is for Brett not to throw any interceptions. If he doesn't throw a pick, I predict a win.

5. BearPerspective

BearPerspective Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But of course we know that's not going to happen. When's the last time Brett threw a TD against Chicago BTW? :rotflmao:
    (TD's to Lance Briggs dont count)

Im pumped. I love Packer week!

6. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "Our playoffs begin against Green Bay"

let the losing begin. :rotflmao:

7. BearPerspective

Ratings:
    +0
    It began for you guys week one! In the form of a shutout at home. Emberassing, no?

I fully expect to see the "Fire McCarthy" threads when I come back here after the game. You guys are so fickle. One week its playoffs, the next, its fire the coach and GM. You'll have at least one more week of offseason to contemplate it, cause the playoffs...aint happening. :rotflmao:

Start Rogers :rotflmao:

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You know...if Gb does lose, there will be a camp that says fire mccarthy,thompson,etc....i call that the stupid camp.

9. BearPerspective

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I dont want to come off as a troll. Just here for a little game week razzing. I like the pack, just alot less than the other 31 teams in the NFL. I always root NFC north when the Bears arent in the playoffs.

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny, I always root for the NFC in the Superbowl, so kind of similar.

I always limit my razzing because it's bad luck. Nothing like before a good b-ball game hearing the other guy going on and on about how they'll bury us, then I just remember everything they said before the game and repeat everything they said after the game. :rotflmao:

As for the game, my worries are Manuel getting beat by the deep ball. Although it hasn't happened in the past few games, Grossman definitely has the ability to deliver. It depends which Grossman will show up though. I think your QB has a split personality. He's either really good or horrendously bad.

You all have a better running game. I'd take Favre over Grossman. But you have a more solid D and Special Teams. Plus, you all find weird ways to win. If someone on your team is horrible, you seem to make up for it in other ways.

11. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You come off as what you are! NO point in denying that...

BTW, do you know how many Bear starters will be sitting out this game?

Also, I really like the Bears... It's only at times (like this sunday) that I wish that I were a dog and the bears were a tree....

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    and you are a fourtune teller now?

but others arent?

13. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers/Bears game comes down to...

Being one of the most meaningless games of the season. The Bears have been playing lifeless for 3 weeks now. The Packers have nothing to play for, except to end their season.

14. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The Bears may have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, but they could also be one and done too. From what I've seen of this team they're struggling too much offensively to go deep into the playoffs.

15. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna laugh my *** off when the Bears get beaten in the 2nd round of the Playoffs...first game for the Bears...

16. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Embarassing is not knowing how to spell "embarrassing". Just because some people may call for McCarthy's head doesn't mean it's the general concensus. It's not like 100% of the fans (regardless of which team is in question) will agree on anything. Who is Rogers? If you're talking about Rodgers (as in Aaron), then you might want to pay a little more attention to current events as he has been out for the season since getting injured in week 11.

17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    note to self: do not piss off leaper, but if you do, use spellcheck and do research beforehand.

18. BearPerspective

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, the very definition of grasping for straws; pointing out spelling errors. Too bad we aren't fans of the National Grammar League. And BTW, I know Rodgers is out, he's already fulfilled his potential as a pro. :rotflmao:

19. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, I'm not pissed at all. But, if you're gonna step then at least try to sound intelligent (not directed at you, Tro) :D