Packers at the midpoint.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 6-2 and in good position for a first round bye. I'd say that counts as a big bright spot.

Yes, however the nature of those 2 losses is very disconcerting. The Packers were outplayed badly in both games, and it was only some 4th quarter heroics that made the Panthers game close. If the Packers had played tough but lost I'd say yes, 6-2 is fine. But the Packers got their ***s whupped twice in a row, were very flimsy in their win over San Diego, and really haven't played a good game in a month.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, however the nature of those 2 losses is very disconcerting. The Packers were outplayed badly in both games, and it was only some 4th quarter heroics that made the Panthers game close. If the Packers had played tough but lost I'd say yes, 6-2 is fine. But the Packers got their ***s whupped twice in a row, were very flimsy in their win over San Diego, and really haven't played a good game in a month.

The forum has talked about Super Bowl teams having awful loses in the regular season over and over again. Not like the playoffs are tomorrow. Plenty of time to figure it out.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carl, not to be confrontational- I don't disagree with your basic point- I just think it glosses over the issues this team has, and if those issues will prevent this team from being a 'serious' contender to win the Super Bowl.
And what happened to other teams in other years has absolutely no bearing on this team moving forward any more than the Lions not winning in Green Bay for over 20 years has to do with how todays game will go.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carl, not to be confrontational- I don't disagree with your basic point- I just think it glosses over the issues this team has, and if those issues will prevent this team from being a 'serious' contender to win the Super Bowl.
And what happened to other teams in other years has absolutely no bearing on this team moving forward any more than the Lions not winning in Green Bay for over 20 years has to do with how todays game will go.

Of course the team has issues, but there's no reason to they cannot turn it around by playoff time.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts