Packers are one week closer!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To the playoffs....We might not get home field but we will be in. Learn from today and get better. I still like our Superbowl chances....

RELAX

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To the playoffs....We might not get home field but we will be in. Learn from today and get better. I still like our Superbowl chances....

RELAX

No panic here! HFA is still there, but first step is just making it in. Week 17 should be fun. Hopefully we have the playoff berth clinched by then and playing for HFA and the division.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We might not get home field

That doesn't make me relax, tbh. What's our away record this season? 3 wins and 4 losses, iirc. Remember we lost to both Seahawks and Lions.

Losing home will be a huge blow. Not saying we are doomed, but considering our performances at home... losing home advantage is not something small to brush off!

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense has been playing much better....we just need to work on ST. Also, our receivers need to get rid of the "dropsies"......quickly!........GPG

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are on a collision course to play in Seattle - the God's are calling for it.....

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No panic from me.

The pack are nice and simple.

Everyone do there job and I'm pretty sure we go to Arizona. Have a @#$* day as we like to do every 10 games or so and home we go.

H

HardRightEdge

RELAX
While the odds would suggest the Packers will make the playoffs, it is far from a lock. A loss against Detroit and an 11-5 finish could prove problematic.

In an 11-5 tie for Wild Card the easiest path would be a tie with Philly since the Packers win on head-to-head. In other 11-5 Wild Card ties, the Packers would lose out to Seattle on head-to-head, lose out to Dallas on common opponents (assuming a loss to Indy and win against Washington), and probably lose out to AZ on strength of schedule (I assume given the respective records in the divisions, though I have not calculated it).

Winning out needs to be viewed as an imperative at this stage. That may change by the end of week 16. Or it may become an absolute imperative.

Hard as it may be, I'd pull for Dallas against Indy this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is December football at its finest. The negatives here can call for all the changes and firings that they feel need to be made but help is not on the way. Win the one-on-one matchups as we've seen these players capable of all year at different times, put it together as a team and we'll see them in Arizona. Above all else enjoy the great football we're about to see.

H

HardRightEdge

The negatives here can call for all the changes and firings that they feel need to be made but help is not on the way.
Truer words were never spoken. But that's my weekly cue: Fire Capers...after the season. ;) I never meant to suggest is should be done NOW.

OP
OP
gatorpack

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the odds would suggest the Packers will make the playoffs, it is far from a lock. A loss against Detroit and an 11-5 finish could prove problematic.

In an 11-5 tie for Wild Card the easiest path would be a tie with Philly since the Packers win on head-to-head. In an 11-5 Wild Card tie, the Packers would lose out to Seattle on head-to-head, lose out to Dallas on common opponents (assuming a loss to Indy and win against Washington), and probably lose out to AZ on strength of schedule (I assume given the respective records in the divisions, though I have not calculated it).

Winning out needs to be viewed as an imperative at this stage. That may change by the end of week 16. Or it may become an absolute imperative.

Hard as it may be, I'd pull for Dallas against Indy this week.
I will pull for the colts. If we dont beat the Lions at home for the Division we dont need to be in the playoffs.

H

HardRightEdge

I will pull for the colts. If we dont beat the Lions at home for the Division we dont need to be in the playoffs.
Nobody "needs" to be in the playoffs. "Need" is like some other words (e.g., "panic" and "angst") that should not apply to a purely spectator endeavor.

We would certainly want the Packers in the playoffs regardless. Of course missing the playoffs this season in this way might get a particular individual fired. That would be a silver lining.

OP
OP
gatorpack

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody "needs" to be in the playoffs. "Need" is like some other words (e.g., "panic" and "angst") that should not apply to a purely spectator endeavor.

We would certainly want the Packers in the playoffs regardless. Of course missing the playoffs this season in this way might get a particular individual fired. That would be a silver lining.
Man I though that the packers "needed" to be in the playoffs.:oops:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At home the Packers have a shot at beating the Seahawks. On the road the task in nearly impossible given how the Packers have been playing on the road. Better hope the Packers win out and Seattle drops the final game of the season against the Rams which is possible given how good the Rams D has been lately. There is still a ray of hope

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Cowboys can win in Seattle, we can too. The Cardinals even stole won in a Seattle late last year right before their Super Bowl run.

They are not unbeatable there. Yes, they are good, but we could pull it off.

And crazier stuff happens all the time in the NFL like what happened against us in 2011.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is December football at its finest. The negatives here can call for all the changes and firings that they feel need to be made but help is not on the way. Win the one-on-one matchups as we've seen these players capable of all year at different times, put it together as a team and we'll see them in Arizona. Above all else enjoy the great football we're about to see.

Ask Vic reader?

Jereycheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how much everything changes if packers blow out both teams next 2 weeks everyone will be back on the GB band wagon lol hell even if we blow out Tampa, buffalo game will be forgotten and we will be favored again LOL way it's been all season 1-2 start everyone was in a panic smh

D

Deleted member 6794

Funny how much everything changes if packers blow out both teams next 2 weeks everyone will be back on the GB band wagon lol hell even if we blow out Tampa, buffalo game will be forgotten and we will be favored again LOL way it's been all season 1-2 start everyone was in a panic smh

Fans tend to overreact to whatever happens in a single week. IMO the truth is that the Packers are a very good football team capable of beating every team in the league. This season they´re still winless vs. elite defenses though (Seattle, Detroit and Buffalo) and it´s possible they will have to beat two of those teams in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl.

Bears to beat Lions this week!

After losing to the Bills it doesn´t make any difference for the Packers how the Lions play this Sunday (except if we lose to the Bucs on Sunday).

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears to beat Lions this week!

There is a better chance Tampa beats GB with the weather conditions being a factor.

I mean is nice to be hopeful that the Bears will somehow magically because a good Defensive and Offensive team.....

GB needs to win out to make the playoffs everything else will take care of itself.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle didn't look all that good at home against the 9ers. If SF didn't have such an anemic offense they could have challenged for the win.

Packers just have to win out. If the Packers can't win convincingly against TB, then it won't be just a problem of Seattle standing in their way. It will be the Packers standing in their own way.

Members online

Latest posts