1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers are dow nto 75 player roster

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PWT, Aug 31, 2010.

1. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    The following Packers were put on pup list. (Unable to preform list) Must miss 6 weeks and must be recalled at 9 weeks of the season .
    RB James Starks - Rookie -hamstring
    S Atari Bigby- ankle
    CB Al Harris- Knee-
    RB Rookie Quinn Porter- On IR for the year. he will be paid $225,000 for the year on IR

Wr Rookie - Shawn Gore was cut earlier-

This brings the Packers down to 75 player roster

.Source Milwaukee JS

2. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Damn, I was hoping Harris wouldn't have to miss the first 6 weeks. I guess Tramon, Underwood and Lee will have to step it up.

Starks's injury sucks because i was pretty excited about him after reading about his college success, I was hoping he would end up being a 6th round steal.

With Porter also out then I guess Lumpkin wins the no. 3 HB job by default unless someone else is brought in, or we could possibly move Kuhn to HB and have Johnson and Hall as our FBs.

Bigby: Who cares? Burnett is the future at SS, just ask Peyton Manning :laughing:

3. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I got no problem with Harris missing the first 6 weeks.. with the exception of Philly, we play some pretty weak receiving corps..

Buffalo
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Washington
    Miami

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    225,000 to be on IR for the season thats amazing lol

5. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    That makes me feel a little better about the first six weeks but we will need our pass D to be a lot better if we want to compete with Minn (assuming Judas's ankle isn't demolished by the time we play him), New England, and New York plus any other strong passing teams we may meet in the playoffs. Cowboys I"m not worried about Woodson has already proven that he can single handedly own them.

They should add one of these :viksux:for the cowboys

6. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    But even then, its not necessarily about having a great receiving corps as a whole. Teams beat us by spreading the offense and picking apart our nickel and dime with their third receiver. In the playoff game Early Doucet had a huge showing, because who was covering him, Bush? but he's an ok receiever, nothing that special.

7. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I'd like to think we can squash the cowboys again, I really do. But can we for sure count on Woodson just absolutely destroying them and winning the game himself again? Hopefully other guys can step up.

8. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I think the second thing is going to happen. I don't trust Lumpkin enough to give him a roster spot. We'll just make Kuhn the 3rd HB and use the extra roster spot to squeeze in a TE, OLB or CB.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Anyone know who our week 7 opponent is? :viksux:

Week 1 is the only team to have the quality of players to stretch our D.

10. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    kinda makes you sick, but oh well, good for him

11. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I think it's very likely that Harris will not be the player he was before the injury--at least for this year. And at age 36 how many good years does he have even without the injury? It's a big loss for us.

12. TampaPacMan

TampaPacMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I still don't understand why Packer Nation was led to believe that Harris would be available for the season opener! I don't live in Wisconsin, so I rely on web sites and message boards to obtain my information about the Packers, and it wasn't until a couple of days ago that they started hinting he was going on PUP! I'm very concerned because the Packers don't have a viable option at nickel back! Shields is a rookie with only one years experience playing corner. Lee and Underwood haven't played well during this preseason, and we all know that Bush is a joke! I don't care who you're playing if you don't have a competent nickle back, you have problems. In my opinion the Packers offense is going to have to win some shoot-outs.

13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Can the secondary be any worse than it was last year after Harris went out. I'll be optimistic and hope they learned some stuff since then and got better. But, more than likely we'll get burned again in the passing game by good QBs.

Guess we'll just have to blitz more and try to knock the opposing QB out of his game. Sort of how the Saints D played last year. Pound the QB and he'll start rushing his throws. I don't have big confidence in two rookies back there.

14. GBpsyco

GBpsyco Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not confident in out secondary at the moment, the D line and LB's have to do an exceptional job geting to the the QB and stopping the run. I say start Zombo over Hawk to start the season

15. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    They play different positions though. Zombo over Jones I can see..