Packers are dow nto 75 player roster

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The following Packers were put on pup list. (Unable to preform list) Must miss 6 weeks and must be recalled at 9 weeks of the season .
RB James Starks - Rookie -hamstring
S Atari Bigby- ankle
CB Al Harris- Knee-
RB Rookie Quinn Porter- On IR for the year. he will be paid $225,000 for the year on IR

Wr Rookie - Shawn Gore was cut earlier-

This brings the Packers down to 75 player roster

.Source Milwaukee JS

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping Harris wouldn't have to miss the first 6 weeks. I guess Tramon, Underwood and Lee will have to step it up.

Starks's injury sucks because i was pretty excited about him after reading about his college success, I was hoping he would end up being a 6th round steal.

With Porter also out then I guess Lumpkin wins the no. 3 HB job by default unless someone else is brought in, or we could possibly move Kuhn to HB and have Johnson and Hall as our FBs.

Bigby: Who cares? Burnett is the future at SS, just ask Peyton Manning :laughing:

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got no problem with Harris missing the first 6 weeks.. with the exception of Philly, we play some pretty weak receiving corps..

Buffalo
Chicago
Detroit
Washington
Miami

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got no problem with Harris missing the first 6 weeks.. with the exception of Philly, we play some pretty weak receiving corps..

Buffalo
Chicago
Detroit
Washington
Miami

That makes me feel a little better about the first six weeks but we will need our pass D to be a lot better if we want to compete with Minn (assuming Judas's ankle isn't demolished by the time we play him), New England, and New York plus any other strong passing teams we may meet in the playoffs. Cowboys I"m not worried about Woodson has already proven that he can single handedly own them.

They should add one of these :viksux:for the cowboys

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Buffalo
Chicago
Detroit
Washington
Miami

But even then, its not necessarily about having a great receiving corps as a whole. Teams beat us by spreading the offense and picking apart our nickel and dime with their third receiver. In the playoff game Early Doucet had a huge showing, because who was covering him, Bush? but he's an ok receiever, nothing that special.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes me feel a little better about the first six weeks but we will need our pass D to be a lot better if we want to compete with Minn (assuming Judas's ankle isn't demolished by the time we play him), New England, and New York plus any other strong passing teams we may meet in the playoffs. Cowboys I"m not worried about Woodson has already proven that he can single handedly own them.

They should add one of these :viksux:for the cowboys
I'd like to think we can squash the cowboys again, I really do. But can we for sure count on Woodson just absolutely destroying them and winning the game himself again? Hopefully other guys can step up.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping Harris wouldn't have to miss the first 6 weeks. I guess Tramon, Underwood and Lee will have to step it up.

Starks's injury sucks because i was pretty excited about him after reading about his college success, I was hoping he would end up being a 6th round steal.

With Porter also out then I guess Lumpkin wins the no. 3 HB job by default unless someone else is brought in, or we could possibly move Kuhn to HB and have Johnson and Hall as our FBs.

Bigby: Who cares? Burnett is the future at SS, just ask Peyton Manning :laughing:

I think the second thing is going to happen. I don't trust Lumpkin enough to give him a roster spot. We'll just make Kuhn the 3rd HB and use the extra roster spot to squeeze in a TE, OLB or CB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know who our week 7 opponent is? :viksux:

Week 1 is the only team to have the quality of players to stretch our D.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Buffalo
Chicago
Detroit
Washington
Miami

I think it's very likely that Harris will not be the player he was before the injury--at least for this year. And at age 36 how many good years does he have even without the injury? It's a big loss for us.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't understand why Packer Nation was led to believe that Harris would be available for the season opener! I don't live in Wisconsin, so I rely on web sites and message boards to obtain my information about the Packers, and it wasn't until a couple of days ago that they started hinting he was going on PUP! I'm very concerned because the Packers don't have a viable option at nickel back! Shields is a rookie with only one years experience playing corner. Lee and Underwood haven't played well during this preseason, and we all know that Bush is a joke! I don't care who you're playing if you don't have a competent nickle back, you have problems. In my opinion the Packers offense is going to have to win some shoot-outs.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Can the secondary be any worse than it was last year after Harris went out. I'll be optimistic and hope they learned some stuff since then and got better. But, more than likely we'll get burned again in the passing game by good QBs.

Guess we'll just have to blitz more and try to knock the opposing QB out of his game. Sort of how the Saints D played last year. Pound the QB and he'll start rushing his throws. I don't have big confidence in two rookies back there.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not confident in out secondary at the moment, the D line and LB's have to do an exceptional job geting to the the QB and stopping the run. I say start Zombo over Hawk to start the season

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am not confident in out secondary at the moment, the D line and LB's have to do an exceptional job geting to the the QB and stopping the run. I say start Zombo over Hawk to start the season

They play different positions though. Zombo over Jones I can see..

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts