Packers are a very generous team

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
penalties, turnovers, missed scoring opportunities...the comedy of errors has turned to tragedy. the team appears completely hapless. the steelers don't need any help, but the packers are handing the game over, gift-wrapped. will it get any better against the falcons, eagles, bears, seahawks, etc.? the prospects for next year's draft are looking up! :(

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the draft now...but only if TT trades down. We've got to replace about a dozen of these stooges. They try hard but if you lack NFL talent.....

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, we've been giving away the division for 47 years now and you think you get some kind of prize for it? All you get is bitter and pessamistic about every game your team plays. You also get to hear the media crack jokes and run down your team and your city. I hope you guys are true fans because you don't know how good you had it with Farve, or how bad it may get without him.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I'm looking forward to the draft now...but only if TT trades down. We've got to replace about a dozen of these stooges. They try hard but if you lack NFL talent.....

Nonsense....draft Reggie Bush if you get the chance!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Showgirl maybe you can be generous and send some pics of you performing??? No offense intended just trying to have some fun out of this situation and your name sounds **** enough..

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:

Yeah, let's trade down and get a bunch more mediocre players! Great idea!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
retiredgrampa said:

Yeah, let's trade down and get a bunch more mediocre players! Great idea!

at first i was like, yeah, draft for depth, trade down...but reggie bush is a tempting possibility

this offseason, we will have something that...i dont think too many of us are familiar with...CAP SPACE...we can fill some holes thru free agency and use our top three pick on the premium blue chip player that our injury plagued and subpar players and coaches have earned us

OP
OP
S

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko - take a cold shower, big guy. I'm here for Packer chat only.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
showgirl said:
Chamuko - take a cold shower, big guy. I'm here for Packer chat only.

Wear green and gold in the photographs? :p

Packers Defense is 9th in the league. I can't help imagine what the Packers could have done last year with that kind of Defense.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, you know, mediocre players like Brett Favre (Rd 2), Mark Tauscher (Rd 7), Chad Clifton (Rd 2), Mike Flanagan (Rd 3), William Henderson (Rd 3), KGB (Rd 5), Nick Collins (Rd 2), Javon Walker (Late Rd 1), the list goes on.

Get a grip folks, good players are found throughout the draft and, given the economics of the league, teams are built in the middle rounds. The list of high first round flops is endless.

Trade down, get a fortune in return.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i guess with that logic digs..

Detroit should have traded down and not taken a "bust" like Barry Sanders...!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, you miss the message. There is little doubt that the first few picks SHOULD net a great player....and of course the possibility exists for a bust...but the reality is that the Packers have so many glaring needs to become competitive again that it is best to go with the volume and get some excellent players as well. I will gladly take 3 top 64 picks over the prospect of one very high pick given this situation.

That you cannot fathom this is obviously a conscious decision on your part.

Hows about Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Kijana Carter, Tony Mandarich, et.al. The list goes both ways, 66.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'm surprised that they haven't benched Favre, for making "a" mistake... like they've been doing with just about everyone else. It would open up Sherman's chance to let Rodgers play...

I have to admit, that so far, not seeing any reports to the contrary - Leinert might be an intriguing pick - especially since he's had the benefit of a NFL caliber coaching process. In the years to come, Charlie Weis will have accomplished the same. Will the Mighty Quinn enjoy the same successes in the NFL, or keep growing under similar tutelage? One wonders....

I would offer that with our current core roster - all that's needed is some balance in other positions. The O-Line could use two more backups (depth), but by next year, Whitticker will have solidified his status as a Starter. Adrian Klemm? About the same. Flanny? Jury's still out.... Scott Wells? Some here would have his head - I say he stays...

It could be that Sherman's tactic on benching players for incredibly minor situations is having its toll on their mental outlook to the game, ...period :!:

Can anyone imagine what it would be like, in the last couple of years, having to see Ahman Green being benched, like in the rainy Eagles game where he came out wearing inner-tube rubber on his elbows, and fumbled the ball an amazing three times alone until the half, where he finally changed over to cloth.... You guys remember that...

Sherman's simply trying to cover his ***, it's very easy to see..
Walt Williams fumble early on - should not have meant his removal from play. His replacement reminded me and a few friends of Edgar Bennett.. 'course, back in the day - Bennett wasn't exactly a Terrell Davis during his time with the Packers - but he had the benefit of a SuperBowl caliber team around him to compliment his steady ability to gain constant yardage. Even Bennett had a few dropsies... There's not one RB, out there, that has made it through his career with out a fumble.

I know one thing - we're left with watching this all unfold into whatever...
Will we win two games with this new approach from the Coaching Staff?

You tell me - all we can do is watch....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digs..

there's no guaranteeing those "middle round guys" will work out either.....
you may get a couple of ok guys..and the rest don't pan out...

so..it's kind of a crap shoot..i guess...although it seems other teams get some superstars with their picks...(ie..Cincinnati).but it never seems to work out for the Pack that way...at least, in the last few years..anyway..

the Packers need some skill players at RB and receiver...guys who can make an impact right away...

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your best chance to get an all pro is by selecting in the top 10, but if we, God forbid, end up with the #1 pick, it makes sense to trade down because it would be the kind of trade that could generate the core of this franchise for the next 5 years. Some team will fall in love with Bush or Leinart and give up five first day picks to move up 4 spots and TT will (and should IMO) make that trade in a heartbeat.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPB......YOU CAN'T BENCH BRETT FAVRE. Can we please stop with this. He is all they have right now. I don't care if he makes 10 mistakes. You still have a better shot at succeeding with him in. Forget Rodger's.....we don't owe him ****! If he wants to get on the field beat out Brett for the job. It ain't gonna happen.

As big a supporter of Sherman that I am, the day he benches Favre is the day I call for his firing.......no make that his hanging!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digs...

Sherman was fond of trading picks..and look what it got him...

DePack..you're nothing but a "Favre-lover.." c'mon now..nobody's bigger than the GB Packers...right?

Brooks87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
IPB......YOU CAN'T BENCH BRETT FAVRE. Can we please stop with this. He is all they have right now. I don't care if he makes 10 mistakes. You still have a better shot at succeeding with him in. Forget Rodger's.....we don't owe him ****! If he wants to get on the field beat out Brett for the job. It ain't gonna happen.

As big a supporter of Sherman that I am, the day he benches Favre is the day I call for his firing.......no make that his hanging!

Couldnt agree with you more..If Aaron beats out Brett for the job then thats a different story but to just bench Brett and throw a-rod in with no kind of weapons to work with is ludacris..One thing for sure would happen if we thow a-rod in now is that we will be getting the #1 pick in the draft.I would hate being the one to tell Brett that he's being benched.

Members online

Latest posts