Packers and MM?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win is a win. But I dont think that because we beat the 49ers that all is well and everything is fixed. The D is still inconsistant and the special teams isnt getting any better. I think Dave Rayner leads the special teams in tackles.

I'm glad that McCarthy stuck with the run though. The run/pass was pretty even today.

That's exactly correct. Other than the second reverse call I can't remember a playcall that I just sat back and went "wtf are you doing???" about the playcalling. I thought he did one of his best jobs of the year playcalling.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol you give up on a coach before the season is even over?

As long as there is improvement and adjustment efforts I say give him three years. If on the third year we are not threatening for a playoff spot in the last two games, tis time for a change.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
yea but the first season isn't finished yet, so I believe all this **** about giving up on him is rubbish

I haven't given up on Mike yet. Like I said, three years. I see adjustments and improvements accross the board, save Kurt Shittenheimer.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
lol you give up on a coach before the season is even over?

As long as there is improvement and adjustment efforts I say give him three years. If on the third year we are not threatening for a playoff spot in the last two games, tis time for a change.

This team was almost shut out at home last week, and beaten pretty bad...

Then they take on a team in the playoff hunt, that has a VERY good rb, and beat them pretty easy in THEIR house..

Hope people see this as improvment..

and zero, this is meant for others who feel they are not improving...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the problem is fans overreacting. its like ESPN has programmed us all into an immediate fan. everything has to happen right now or its no good.

people wanna fire MM when he runs a reverse. then wanna sign him to a 6 year contract after a called play ends up as a touchdown.

like zero has said... you gotta sit back and take in all the moves and all the plays and all the calls and situations. nothing is as easy and as quick as it seems most pack fans want it to be.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
the problem is fans overreacting. its like ESPN has programmed us all into an immediate fan. everything has to happen right now or its no good.

people wanna fire MM when he runs a reverse. then wanna sign him to a 6 year contract after a called play ends up as a touchdown.

like zero has said... you gotta sit back and take in all the moves and all the plays and all the calls and situations. nothing is as easy and as quick as it seems most pack fans want it to be.

:)

I'm glad someone finally understand what I'm saying!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed. Let's give him two more years after this one. I believe we'll be good by then though and we'll keep him. But we'll see....

I do like the fact he makes adjustments and I like his aggressiveness.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know that I'm not programmed by ESPN and I'd like to think that I'm not overreacting.

My views are based on the fact that if a team has a three time MVP and one of best the QB's of all time playing for them for 15 seasons, its a shame that they have one Super Bowl triumph to show for all that. The blame for that to some extent rests on unfortunate circumstances and to a large extent on a series of wrong choices made by management and coaching over the years.

And as a consequence I think that our expectations have taken a battering and we have been forced to lower them to the extent that as long as our GM seems to draft well, we're willing to overlook all other shortcomings. As long as our HC puts his hand up and acknowledges his mistakes, we'll forget about his ability to fix those mistakes and are willing to give him a vote of confidence. As long as the team doesnt lose to teams who have a worse record than we do, we're willing to call it improvement.

We can give TT and MM as much time as we like but untill we can honestly raise our hands and say that TT is the best or best possible GM in the business and MM is the best or best possible HC in the business, and therefore that the team is in the best possible hands, I think we're just kidding ourselves.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I know that I'm not programmed by ESPN and I'd like to think that I'm not overreacting.

My views are based on the fact that if a team has a three time MVP and one of best the QB's of all time playing for them for 15 seasons, its a shame that they have one Super Bowl triumph to show for all that. The blame for that to some extent rests on unfortunate circumstances and to a large extent on a series of wrong choices made by management and coaching over the years.

And as a consequence I think that our expectations have taken a battering and we have been forced to lower them to the extent that as long as our GM seems to draft well, we're willing to overlook all other shortcomings. As long as our HC puts his hand up and acknowledges his mistakes, we'll forget about his ability to fix those mistakes and are willing to give him a vote of confidence. As long as the team doesnt lose to teams who have a worse record than we do, we're willing to call it improvement.

We can give TT and MM as much time as we like but untill we can honestly raise our hands and say that TT is the best or best possible GM in the business and MM is the best or best possible HC in the business, and therefore that the team is in the best possible hands, I think we're just kidding ourselves.

I'll say give MM another two years, however, our defensive coaches need some serious shaking up. We have way too much talent on defense to be #31 in the NFL in points against. If I were running the show, I'd fire Schottenheimer right after the season ends. Then I'll try to get Bates back in there for DC. Then in the draft, I'll be looking for a Safety, a Defensive End, and a CB for the 3rd position (I'm quite pleased with Woodson and Harris).

Both Kampman and Woodson have a shot at the Pro Bowl this year. Al Harris is solid. So is Pickett. Barnett and Hawk are both solid. There's no reason why we should be #31 in defense.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On one hand I figure give MM one more year and I believe he'll have this team improved next year. On the other hand though if Brett quits and we go with Rodgers fans might have to accept we could take a step back in wins but still be on the right track. If we're going with a new young QB next year then I almost don't think it's fair to not give him 2 more years to grow with him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts