Packers and MM?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of now it seems that the Packers have not given up on MM. On the first drive they seemed intense and Green certanily was running hard. and then on the definsive side of the ball Harris sprinted down field to try to stop a TD.

Reaction score
66, the Packers have 0 penalties today. I think that's some indication that his message is getting across to some degree. That's always a good thing, he seems to be stressing fundamentals.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not Trom's defender but I do think he is somewhat misunderstood. If you'd ask him he's got as much love for Favre as any other Pack fan

Um, no. People who love Favre don't have Favre needs to quit in their sig line. Everyone who disagrees with him he resorts to insulting them as people. He's the main A in the TMA problem we've had on this board when we were losing.

Sure, we saw three straight bad weeks by Favre, but this game showed what Favre can still do. He's still in the top ten QBs in the league, and I pray he plays two more years for the Packers. I want one more SB ring for Favre before he hangs up his football hat. Sure he's lost a step. He's no longer #1, or even in the top 5, but he's still in the top ten. Give him a healthy Jennings, and a decent TE, and we'll see Favre with top five numbers.

Back on topic - let's give MM two more years. If in two years, we're in the playoffs, then let's keep him. We're rebuilding, and MM's learning on the job. So far there's a lot I like and some I don't like, but the don't like is mostly on defense.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope this continues for the rest of the year... How many TD's does Favre need to set the record? anyone know off hand? :santa:

Seven to tie, 8 to break. I know it's a long shot, but he might be able to do it this year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was glad to see that McCarthy finally challenged the Defense for the 1st time this year. I think part of his problem as a coach is he has almost to much trust in his coaches. Pretty much the exact opposite of Sherman. It was good to hear he took on a bigger role with the Defense this week by sitting in meetings and pretty much interacting with the Defensive players such as KGB and Al Harris.

Thought he new his stuff today well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was glad to see that McCarthy finally challenged the Defense for the 1st time this year. I think part of his problem as a coach is he has almost to much trust in his coaches. Pretty much the exact opposite of Sherman. It was good to hear he took on a bigger role with the Defense this week by sitting in meetings and pretty much interacting with the Defensive players such as KGB and Al Harris.

Agreed. The defensive coaching, especially the DB coaching, has been unacceptable.

We have talent on D. Kampman might make a Pro Bowl alternate this year. Barnett's solid. Hawk is a candidate for Rookie of the Year. Woodson and Harris are solid. There's no excuse for a team with this much talent having the worst D in the NFL.

I'm glad MM finally did something about it. Hats off to MM and the Packers. I'll be celebrating tomorrow, especially living in San Francisco. :packbeer:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was kind of glad to see MM beat up on his own team. That's for all the fans that say the niners are better off without MM. For their information we now have the same exact record as they do.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was kind of glad to see MM beat up on his own team. That's for all the fans that say the niners are better off without MM. For their information we now have the same exact record as they do.

Heh. That's too funny. Poetic justice there.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so much hate for trom in this world. I thought the articale that he wrote was VERY good. The one he wrote on Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

This HAd to help and make the D feel the heat maybe?

but whats funny, next time the loose no one will recall this game and say Mm should be fired :wall:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

but whats funny, next time the loose no one will recall this game and say Mm should be fired :wall:

No.

Some who say McCarthy should be fired, hide when the Packers win.
Some who say McCarthy is doing a good job, hide when the Packers lose.

When the Packers lose, the 'fire him' squad comes out.
When the Packers win, the 'hes the right man' squad comes out.

Let's know an understand the difference before we say 'no one' will recall this game. Some of us (ME) recall every game of the season and look at it objectivity.

The same can be said about the 'sit Brett' squad and the 'Brett is god' squad.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

No.

Let's know an understand the difference before we say 'no one' will recall this game. Some of us (ME) recall every game of the season and look at it objectivity.

I think a lot of us with MM are kind of "wait and see."

My beef isn't with MM, it's with the defensive coaches, especially Schottenheimer. We have too much talent on defense to be the 2nd worst in the NFL defensively.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:

No.

I think a lot of us with MM are kind of "wait and see."

My beef isn't with MM, it's with the defensive coaches, especially Schottenheimer. We have too much talent on defense to be the 2nd worst in the NFL defensively.

Agree Zombieslayer, I am one of those "wait and see fans" when it comes to MM but the Defensive coaching is the one area that is hard to justify or make excuses for, as we are far too under developed in this area !!!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win is a win. But I dont think that because we beat the 49ers that all is well and everything is fixed. The D is still inconsistant and the special teams isnt getting any better. I think Dave Rayner leads the special teams in tackles.

I'm glad that McCarthy stuck with the run though. The run/pass was pretty even today.

Members online

Latest posts