Packers aim for 12 straight home win...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... at Lambeau South on Sunday. It sure will be nice to put that NFL record right next to our record 12 World Championships.

Rumor has it that many in Chicago want to rename Soldiers' Field after their 'daddy' -- to Brett Favre Stadium.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is old, but I thought I would repeat it here
Bears Trivia
The Chicago Bears have a new stadium, and some new stadium firsts.
1.) 1st touchdown ever in new Soldier Field - Green Bay Packers
2.) 1st field goal ever in new Soldier Field - Green Bay Packers
3.) 1st sack ever in new Soldier Field - Green Bay Packers
4.) 1st blocked punt ever in new Soldier Field - Green Bay Packers
5.) 1st 100-yard rusher ever in new Soldier Field - Ahman Green, Green
Bay Packers
6) 1st Bears interception ever in new Soldier Field - Green Bay Packers

More Bears trivia...

...that most Bears fans do not know
What quarterback holds the following records in *old* Soldier Field?
1.) Most passing yards
2.) Most completions
3.) Most starts
4.) Most touchdowns -- 47
It's a Bears quarterback right? After all, they play 8 home games there
a year, right? Is it the famous Jim McMahon? Erik Kramer? Cade
McNowan? How about Bob Avelini? No, Bears fans, it can only be the
greatest quarterback to ever set foot in Soldier Field -new or old. You
know who it is, right? Give up? Let me give you a hint.... he wears No. 4.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny how you guys are being so ******* the Bears fans when the real rivalry of the last 8 years has been the Vikings and the Packers. The Bears have hardly been relevant for quite some time.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
It's funny how you guys are being so ******* the Bears fans when the real rivalry of the last 8 years has been the Vikings and the Packers. The Bears have hardly been relevant for quite some time.

Da bears and the Packer rivalry is the creme' de la creme' of NFL rivalries -- the Vikings have been more competitive than da bears of late -- they may even catch and pass them this season, but truth be told:

GB Packers 12 World Championships
da bears 9 World Championships

Everyone else is chasing...

Then their are a select few like...
the Houston Texans;
the New Orlean Saints;
the Minnesota Vikings...

who are still trying to get off the goose egg.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Forest Gregg was head coach the only two games i looked forward to were the Bears games. This rivalry has been going on as long as football has been played.
When i was a kid and the FIBS {fuching illionis bastards} would come up north to camp and be big shots, it was always nice to have the Packers to shove up their rears when they got out of hand.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
rabidgopher04 said:

Da bears and the Packer rivalry is the creme' de la creme' of NFL rivalries -- the Vikings have been more competitive than da bears of late -- they may even catch and pass them this season, but truth be told:

GB Packers 12 World Championships
da bears 9 World Championships

Everyone else is chasing...

Then their are a select few like...
the Houston Texans;
the New Orlean Saints;
the Minnesota Vikings...

who are still trying to get off the goose egg.

Hahahahaaaa.... nice!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packer Fan I have never considered the Vikes and The Packers a rivalry.

A rivalry is about two champions with a history of being a champion fighting it out to the end.

A rivalry is Roberto Durran and Sugar Ray Leonard.

A rivalry is Jack and Arnold at the U.S. Open.

To call the Vikes and Packers a Rivalry is an insult to the Packers.

Da Bears.... Now that is a RIVALRY!

RP.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

w/e. I really don't see it that way but that's probably because A) I've never seen the Bears be competitive, win a championship, etc. (I grew up in the 90s mind you) and B) I live in Minnesota

In my opinion the Bears are nothing to get excited about because we whip them just about every time. On the other hand, Minnesota gives us fits and it's a monkey on our backs that's always lingering.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rabid,

I can understand your thoughts on this.

I can not remember but one Packer Super Bowl. And Two Raider Superbowls.

I fell in love with the Packers ORGANIZATION and HISTORY.

They way I look at it, every time the Packers take the field, and when the Green and Gold run onto the frozen Tundra I see so many ghosts running on that field beside them....

Maybe you can not see those ghosts, I can. They are kind of misty and on the left side of the T.V. but they are there in Green and Gold representing the Green and Gold.

I see the the ghosts of IRISH lore when the IRISH run on the field, they are on the same left hand side, and Touch Down Jesus is raising his hands off in the distance.

When the Silver and Black run on the field.... I see Jack Tatum, Kenny Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Casper, all of them... Just off to the left in a mist... Running on the field.

I want my teams to win, not only for themselves but for everything those colors represent.

GOD I love my teams.

RP

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:

Actually the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were more competitive than the Vikings the last 5 years that they played in our division. You are getting emotional over the last 3 seasons (when the Vikings never even won 10 games in a season) and let Randy Moss blur your vision.
Here are the W-L records for the last 5 years including Tampa's last 5 seasons in the division. If the Bears are as irrelevant as you say then what makes the Vikings so special in your eyes? I don’t see a big difference in the Bears-Vikings records.
G.B. 51-27
T.B. 48-32
MIN. 37-43
CHI. 34-46
DET. 25-55

Here are the W-L records for the division from 1984 to 1992 before the Bears went into hibernation.
CHI. 95-35
MIN. 65-86
G.B. 57-85
DET. 53-88
T.B. 39-104
The Vikings were the Bears closest competitors but their biggest rival? Hardly!

How about from 1977 to 2001 when Tampa Bay played in the Central division?
CHI. 207-170
MIN. 204-193
G.B. 195-195
DET. 168-223
T.B. 151-238
That’s a 25-year span and again the Vikings were the Bears closest competitors but they have never been the Bears biggest rivals.
:stop:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Raider Pride said:

w/e. I really don't see it that way but that's probably because A) I've never seen the Bears be competitive, win a championship, etc. (I grew up in the 90s mind you) and B) I live in Minnesota

In my opinion the Bears are nothing to get excited about because we whip them just about every time. On the other hand, Minnesota gives us fits and it's a monkey on our backs that's always lingering.

How can you say that you are a Packers fan and not know anything of the hatred between the Bears and the Packers? I am not 85 years old but I still know the history of these two teams including the bloody noses, broken bones and knock em on their *** games that they have played over the years. The Packers and Bears history did not start in 1995 you know.
The Bears and the New York Giants have played each other for the NFL championship 6 times but they have never been the Bears biggest rival.
The Vikings? Give me a break! I have a feeling that when the Packers are at the bottom of the division you will just drift away until they start winning again.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you have twelve straight home wins? I thought you lost to the Browns at home this year!!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
How can you say that you are a Packers fan and not know anything of the hatred between the Bears and the Packers? I am not 85 years old but I still know the history of these two teams including the bloody noses, broken bones and knock em on their *** games that they have played over the years. The Packers and Bears history did not start in 1995 you know.
The Bears and the New York Giants have played each other for the NFL championship 6 times but they have never been the Bears biggest rival.
The Vikings? Give me a break! I have a feeling that when the Packers are at the bottom of the division you will just drift away until they start winning again.

Wow, you're a real ******* who knows nothing about me.

I know all about the history, but it doesn't really matter to me. IN MY OPINION the Bears competition means nothing because FROM MY PERSPECTIVE the Bears have hardly been as competitive as the Vikings. Maybe if I lived in Wisconsin it would be different. I grew up in Anchorage, AK where there was hardly a Bears fan and then moved to Minnesota 5 years ago where all they do here is make fun of the "cheddarheads." So, FROM MY PERSPECTIVE the Packers-Vikings competition is a little more intense than the one with the Bears because the Bears have really been a non-factor the last several years whereas the Vikings have almost spoiled the Packers chances many times.

And you're entitled to all the feelings you want, but I'll still be here. Hell, I've never seen the Brewers have a winning season but I'm still a fan.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
rabidgopher04 said:

Actually the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were more competitive than the Vikings the last 5 years that they played in our division. You are getting emotional over the last 3 seasons (when the Vikings never even won 10 games in a season) and let Randy Moss blur your vision.
Here are the W-L records for the last 5 years including Tampa's last 5 seasons in the division. If the Bears are as irrelevant as you say then what makes the Vikings so special in your eyes? I don’t see a big difference in the Bears-Vikings records.
G.B. 51-27
T.B. 48-32
MIN. 37-43
CHI. 34-46
DET. 25-55

Here are the W-L records for the division from 1984 to 1992 before the Bears went into hibernation.
CHI. 95-35
MIN. 65-86
G.B. 57-85
DET. 53-88
T.B. 39-104

CHI. 207-170
MIN. 204-193
G.B. 195-195
DET. 168-223
T.B. 151-238
That’s a 25-year span and again the Vikings were the Bears closest competitors but they have never been the Bears biggest rivals.

Phillie,

Which BEARS statistics site did you get this from?

How nice of YOU/THEM to omit 20 losses to boost their record for the 25 seasons.

No wonder some people on this site think you are a *******.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
rabidgopher04 said:

G.B. 51-27
T.B. 48-32
MIN. 37-43
CHI. 34-46
DET. 25-55

CHI. 95-35
MIN. 65-86
G.B. 57-85
DET. 53-88
T.B. 39-104

CHI. 207-170
MIN. 204-193
G.B. 195-195
DET. 168-223
T.B. 151-238

Phillie,

How nice of YOU/THEM to omit 20 losses to boost their record for the 25 seasons.

I got them from NFL.com.
By the way, I don't think that you are a ******* at all. A retarded ***** who would have to have a major makeover just to move up to ******* maybe.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Philtration said:

Wow, you're a real ******* who knows nothing about me.

I know all about the history, but it doesn't really matter to me. IN MY OPINION the Bears competition means nothing because FROM MY PERSPECTIVE the Bears have hardly been as competitive as the Vikings. Maybe if I lived in Wisconsin it would be different. I grew up in Anchorage, AK where there was hardly a Bears fan and then moved to Minnesota 5 years ago where all they do here is make fun of the "cheddarheads." So, FROM MY PERSPECTIVE the Packers-Vikings competition is a little more intense than the one with the Bears because the Bears have really been a non-factor the last several years whereas the Vikings have almost spoiled the Packers chances many times.

And you're entitled to all the feelings you want, but I'll still be here. Hell, I've never seen the Brewers have a winning season but I'm still a fan.

Oh... well I take it all back then. I mean anyone who grew up in Alaska and has lived in Minnesota all of 5 years must know all about it right?

I bet you just wet your pants when the Vikings almost spoiled the Packers chances many times eh? How exciting it must have been when the Vikings almost beat Arizona to almost go to the playoffs in 2003. Why that must have been almost as exciting as the Vikings almost being over .500 last year!
Over the last 5 seasons plus what has been played of this one the Vikings are 45-46 and the Bears are 42-49. Wow! That is impressive as far as being more competitive! I see your point about the Vikings dominance over the Bears. In those 5+ seasons the Vikings are 5-6 vs. the Bears so once again you are almost at that magic .500 mark! Congratulations to those Vikings.

By the way, did you know that the state of Alaska has the same number of World Championships as Minnesota? They are almost the same place after all I guess! Too bad that you did not move to Minnesota sooner because you missed the golden age of Prince!
At least you are not almost a *******. You have actually achieved that one. I think that those guys are purple from holding your breath waiting for that first title. What purple thing have you been holding?

:bow: Almost

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
rabidgopher04 said:

G.B. 51-27
T.B. 48-32
MIN. 37-43
CHI. 34-46
DET. 25-55

CHI. 95-35
MIN. 65-86
G.B. 57-85
DET. 53-88
T.B. 39-104

CHI. 207-170
MIN. 204-193
G.B. 195-195
DET. 168-223
T.B. 151-238

Phillie,

Okay turd burglar. Since you did not like the numbers that I got from NFL.com I went to the Bears official site. They list the Bears record from 1977 to 2001 as 209-181 so at what site did you find these imaginary 20 loses? Let me guess.....www. obi1idiot.com right? :crazy:

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, smart guy. The point is not what the Vikings season record was vs. the Bears season record - that doesn't matter. It's the Vikings vs. Packers record against the Bears vs. Packers record.

From 1998 - 2004 the Packers are 11-3 vs. the Bears.

From 1998 - 2004 the Packers are 8-6 against the Vikings.

Taking it even further: games played from 1992-2004:
Packers/Vikings: 13-13
Packers/Bears: 21-5

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at this and draw the conclusion that the Vikings have been more competitive against the Packers than your almighty Bears. In MY OPINION this makes the Vikings more of a rivalry IN RECENT HISTORY than the Bears. Why is this so hard to understand?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone please give me the records for the Bears, Packers Vikings and Lions between the years of 1973 and 1976? Then rate those against their records from 1981 to 1983. Subtract the wins from those past years with the ones from 1999 to 2002. Divide that by 9 and hold on to that number. Next get the Bears' records from 1937 to 1941, add that with the Vikings' records from 1977 to 1984 and multiple that number with the one I told you to hold. That number will tell you all. Simple, really.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Can someone please give me the records for the Bears, Packers Vikings and Lions between the years of 1973 and 1976? Then rate those against their records from 1981 to 1983. Subtract the wins from those past years with the ones from 1999 to 2002. Divide that by 9 and hold on to that number. Next get the Bears' records from 1937 to 1941, add that with the Vikings' records from 1977 to 1984 and multiple that number with the one I told you to hold. That number will tell you all. Simple, really.

:joy: :tables: :beer:

Don't we need to get the square root at some point to truely get at a deeper understanding though?

:joy: :tables: :beer:

And some people wonder why a da bears fan is one of my all time favorite posters...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:

good stuff

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:

:lol: Obviously the best one yet.

This argument has gone back on forth many times over the last few years. I've always argued that the Packer/Bear rivalry is the main one. The majority of others chimming in for the past few years have said the Packer/Vikes rivalry is best.

To those Packer fans living next to Minny or in Minny, obviously the Packer/Vikes game means more because those fans are surrounded by the fair weather Minny fans. I went to school in Milwaukee where the student population was split between WI and IL natives, so the Packer/Bear games have always been best to me.

In the end I agree that the Packer/Bear rivalry is the main one for GB, but that's not the case for all fans. That's just the situation they live in and I think those fans that live around Minny fans are some of the best because there's no way I'd want to live around a bunch of annoying Minny fans. This is with the consideration that I lived with a bunch of Bears fans for 4 years.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Ok, smart guy. The point is not what the Vikings season record was vs. the Bears season record - that doesn't matter. It's the Vikings vs. Packers record against the Bears vs. Packers record.

From 1998 - 2004 the Packers are 11-3 vs. the Bears.

From 1998 - 2004 the Packers are 8-6 against the Vikings.

Taking it even further: games played from 1992-2004:
Packers/Vikings: 13-13
Packers/Bears: 21-5

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at this and draw the conclusion that the Vikings have been more competitive against the Packers than your almighty Bears. In MY OPINION this makes the Vikings more of a rivalry IN RECENT HISTORY than the Bears. Why is this so hard to understand?

I just have trouble understanding why you left Alaska to live in Minnesota. Is there really a big difference? :D

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I just have trouble understanding why you left Alaska to live in Minnesota. Is there really a big difference? :D

Yeah, it's colder in Minnesota. If you must know it was for college. Not that you care. I'm sure you'll find some childish way to use that against me too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts