Packers about to make mistake of letting James Jones go?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Teddy will actually go out and bring in a good S or ILB, for 4-5 million per, than I am all for it.
I don't think Jones will get as much $ as some thing.
Remember Cullen Jenkins only got like 3 years, 8 million after the 2010 season, and we sorely missed him in 2011 and 2012. Yet look how much we paid Brad Jones and even Hawk.

So what you're saying is letting a guy like Jenkins go who was actually a stud and overpaying for the likes of Brad Jones who can never stay healthy was dumb ? If so if have to agree.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Teddy will actually go out and bring in a good S or ILB, for 4-5 million per, than I am all for it.
I don't think Jones will get as much $ as some thing.
Remember Cullen Jenkins only got like 3 years, 8 million after the 2010 season, and we sorely missed him in 2011 and 2012. Yet look how much we paid Brad Jones and even Hawk.

There are other teams out there in much shape then we are at WR who are going to throw more $ at him then we should. The reported teams of SD and Indy make perfect sense for him and the teams.

Jones has averaged 44.3 catches for 615 yds 5.3 TD's (greatly inflated by the 14 TD season) and 48.4 YPG 13.9 YPC over his 7 year career here in GB.
Boykin last year (granted Randall was out for a great majority of this) was 49 for 681 and 3 TD's 42.6 YPG 13.9 YPC. But what needs to be remembered here is that Wallace/Tolzien/Flynn were throwing him the ball for half the season.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wayne Larivee just said this about the stable of Packers free agents:

I would like to see the Packers retain:
- CB Sam Shields, an ascending talent
- WR James Jones, as he's the glue in that locker room in addition to being very productive on the field.
- FB John Kuhn, because he does his job well and can be trusted on third and fourth downs.

I would sign these players at MY price, not necessarily theirs: ...... http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/wi-sports/Who-are-Packers-keepers-249067751.html

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Last year with all the injuries and Rodgers being out made it tough. We still had a top 5 offense with all those thing happening. I love Jame Jones and he a great player and guy but we simply don't need him like others have posted. There are way more pressing needs. Some other team is going to pay him more then TT is willing to pay and should pay. The only way I could see him staying in Green Bay is if Jones takes a serious hometown discount and signs for around 6 mill for two years. I don't see that happening. It's hard to say good bye to James Jones but that's the new NFL. We need a safety and some "inside speed" amongst other things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts