Packers' 2011 preseason opponents announced

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers? preseason schedule is highlighted by a nationally televised contest at the Indianapolis Colts, one of two preseason games against 2010 playoff teams. The preliminary schedul...
Source: Packers.com

EDIT:
@Cleveland Browns (Local)
Arizona Cardinals (Local)
@Indianapolis Colts (CBS)
Kansas City Chiefs (Local)

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Is it just me or do we play Cleveland, Kansas City, and Arizona every friggin year?

EDIT: Is that exactly the same as last year's schedule, just with the locations flipflopped?

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or do we play Cleveland, Kansas City, and Arizona every friggin year?

We also faced the Colts at Lambeau Field. I remember the 2nd and 3rd string Green Bay Packers absolutely demolishing their 1st string. The score was 59-21 or something. Even if it was a preseason game, I was very excited, and considering that they won SBXLV with 15 players on IR, it was a preview of things to come.

I don't know why we're facing the exact same opponents as last year though. I'm not exactly keen on the mechanics of preseason scheduling.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
We also faced the Colts at Lambeau Field. I remember the 2nd and 3rd string Green Bay Packers absolutely demolishing their 1st string. The score was 59-21 or something. Even if it was a preseason game, I was very excited, and considering that they won SBXLV with 15 players on IR, it was a preview of things to come.
I was at that game. :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but we played Seattle instead of AZ.

I wish KC was the 3rd game. It's the most appealing to me, want to see how we handle their speed.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think this is a good line-up; it looks like a good little "test drive" for the season.
This makes me wonder who in the League drew the short straw and ended up being the team that had to go play the Queens in whatever stadium it is in which they finally play.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinal game is Gold package. Chief's game is Green package. The Colt game is on CBS TV. (Nationwide)

Source: packers.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no!!! The Eagles aren't on the schedule at all this year! :( I love watching the Packers beat the Eagles! I was hoping we'd get them in preseason.

Are they still doing the SB rematch??? I'm guessing that doesn't count as an official preseason game?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no!!! The Eagles aren't on the schedule at all this year! :( I love watching the Packers beat the Eagles! I was hoping we'd get them in preseason.

Are they still doing the SB rematch??? I'm guessing that doesn't count as an official preseason game?

if you want to see the packers beat the eagles you will have to wait for the playoffs (cos the cowboys sure as hell arent gonna play 'em!)

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it. It's a decent lineup for an early test for starters to get back to the game and rookies to learn the game aandr backups to get some good playing time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts