Packers 2007 Record

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict the packers will win 9 games this year. I think the Packers will have a very good defensive unit, be strong against the run, and tough on passing downs as well. The Packers seem to be pretty solid up the middle of the defence(I.E. Harrell, Rouse, Barnett) and have A.J. hawk to pursue from sideline to sideline. Poppinga will be a question at SAM LBer(can he cover TE) but I think DB will bew a solid position this year. Harris, Woodson, Blackmon is my guess at the defensive backfeild.

On offence, I pray DD stays healthy, GJ is healthy and shines early on so he gains some confidence. I'd like to see Fergie be a solid #3 guy and maybe make some big plays on offense and special teams. I hope Fergie can challenge GJ for the #2 WRer spot. TE looks weak, maybe Bubba will be better.

RB scares me. I feel this is the weakest position on the packers. I just don't have much faith in the Morency/Jackson duo. I wish the packers did something to address this position in the off season especially since losing Green. Brandon Jackson never played a full college season. so I don't know how he'll handle 16 NFL games.

Special Teams-maybe Clowney can contribute at this position, Jones someone I hope can step up and make some big plays.

So this year I think the defence will carry the Packers. Brett will break a bunch of records and think about coming back next year. hopefully some of TT rookies will contribute to the packers winning season on defence and offense.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Post. Nine would be good with the schedule at hand.

I am not as worried about RB as your read. Every year RB's seem to emerge out of nowhere but actually they get there chance AND help from the "O" line many didn't think they would get.

I think this is a year the Packers running game could surprise many with better play all along the line and either RB stepping up and taking advantage of a chance to shine.

It does not help though that our conference has very good defenses against the run. Thankfully, they ain't so hot against the pass. That's six games, however, against a lot of talented "D" lines. We won't be the only ones thay may struggle in this catagory against those teams.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Our Defense will carry us. RB is the position to worry about, But we don't know. They Could be AMAZING (mo and jackson), but they could also be horrible. I have a hunch we'll be pretty good at RB. NFC NORTH CHAMPS!

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Our Defense will carry us. RB is the position to worry about, But we don't know. They Could be AMAZING (mo and jackson), but they could also be horrible. I have a hunch we'll be pretty good at RB. NFC NORTH CHAMPS!

funny avatar.
I hope your hunch is correct, NFC North Champs would be great, but I'm sure the Bears will have something to say about it as well

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I'll get abused for this but I am predicting 6 wins this year. The way I see it the defense will keep us in games but in the end we have to do better in thge red zone and I don't think they did anything to help in that area. They are banking entirely on the offensive line being significantly improved over how they finished the year last year. If the offensive line plays like they played in the last game against Chicago then thay have a chance. If they play like they played the second to last week against the Vikings then they're done.

Reaction score
I think PackerGeek makes a valid point, and I seem to remember a post from Porky that said something along the lines of "I think the Packers can win anywhere between 6 and 8 or 9 games this year".

I agree with that. The thing is, our D is returning with almost all guys intact (assuming Manuel is SS again, and of course it sounds like Harrell won't be a downgrade). That'll give us a solid D, one which should improve in pass coverage.

Last year, our D was fine against the run, and our front 4 got good pressure. We have the players in place to have a top 10 D IMO, but the big thing is IF the pieces come together.

Also, I think the O will improve as the season goes on, but it's hard to tell how well the O will do right out of the gate. If they are OK, then we can stay in games and may have a chance to pull a couple of wins out early on.

If the O struggles early on, then we're in deep doo-doo and our record won't be soo good at the start.

So I think if all things come together very early, we have potentially a 9 maybe 10 win team that can give teams like the Seahawks and Eagles a run for their money.

If we start slow and things don't seem to come together right off the bat, we may be no more than a 6 win team.

So much depends on how fast the young guys (rookies, second year players) get in a groove.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with you folks. Packers will finish with 16 wins and the superbowl trophy.

And I consider my prediction a realistic one... At this point in time.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd honestly be happy with another 8-8 season. I still think this young team is still at least a year away from being a serious playoff contender, even with Favre back. 9-7 isn't out of the question either, but I look at how badly we got blown out by the Jets and Patriots at home last year and just can't feel this team is ready to be considered a serious playoff contender. We might have a chance at making the playoffs considering we play in a pretty weak division and conference, but don't be shocked if we're hovering around .500 again this season considering our much tougher schedule.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8 to 9 wins is what I predict. I'm hoping for 9 because I think 9-7 will get you in the playoffs as a wild card in the NFC. I think Favre will have a year very similar to last year. I think Driver will have another All Pro year. I like Greg Jennings to have a solid year. I think the running game will do okay. I think no 1,000 yard rusher but between them I expect over 1,000 yards. I hope for an upgrade from last year.

Defensively I think we'll be strong. I think top 15 overall in both yards and points given up. Like a lot of people, I agree that the Defense will carry us.

I'm looking for A.J. Hawk, Donald Driver, Aaron Kampman, and either Harris or Woodson to make the Pro Bowl too. I think those are our best players at the current moment.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8 to 9 wins is what I predict. I'm hoping for 9 because I think 9-7 will get you in the playoffs as a wild card in the NFC. I think Favre will have a year very similar to last year. I think Driver will have another All Pro year. I like Greg Jennings to have a solid year. I think the running game will do okay. I think no 1,000 yard rusher but between them I expect over 1,000 yards. I hope for an upgrade from last year.

Defensively I think we'll be strong. I think top 15 overall in both yards and points given up. Like a lot of people, I agree that the Defense will carry us.

I'm looking for A.J. Hawk, Donald Driver, Aaron Kampman, and either Harris or Woodson to make the Pro Bowl too. I think those are our best players at the current moment.

I'd love to see us 9-7 this year, but my prediction is the same as yours - 8 or 9 wins.

I'm hoping Favre throws over 25 TDs. I'd love to see the naysayers proven wrong. What we'll need is some Red Zone action, or Greg Jennings to stay healthy. If so, I think it's really possible. Then hopefully Favre will play two more years after this and put all his records out of reach, including the most wins record.

I think there's a good shot Hawk is a Pro Bowler this year. And if either Harris or Woodson miss the Pro Bowl again, I'm going to be pissed.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd honestly be happy with another 8-8 season. I still think this young team is still at least a year away from being a serious playoff contender, even with Favre back. 9-7 isn't out of the question either, but I look at how badly we got blown out by the Jets and Patriots at home last year and just can't feel this team is ready to be considered a serious playoff contender. We might have a chance at making the playoffs considering we play in a pretty weak division and conference, but don't be shocked if we're hovering around .500 again this season considering our much tougher schedule.

If the OL keeps improving, we should have at least 8 wins. I see our D as being pretty good, maybe even top 10.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, here is my early breakdown:
Philadelphia - McNabb? if he is back may be 1st action will be rusty. Have played in Philly every year - WIN at home.
Giants - No Tiki, Eli still shaky, but Meadowlands tough environment. Pack WIN a nailbiter.
Chargers - LT, Rivers, Gates just too much. LOSS
Vikings - Battle of good D and subpar to dysfunctional offenses, reminicent of last December @ Lambeau. Favre proves difference in low scoring contest -WIN
Bears - Favre might break TD mark in this contest, but will not prove to be enough against the still class of the division. LOSS
Redskins - See above Vikings note, with not quite as good of defense. Packers easily. WIN
Broncos - First meeting with Javon Walker. Denver will fly high in Mile High City. LOSS
Chiefs - GB has struggled with this team forever, and even moreso on the road, however Chiefs will be struggling at QB and D does not impress as in past years. A rare WIN at Arrowhead.
VIKINGS - Make it 2 over divison rival that is looking for answers(and a head coach?) WIN
PANTHERS - Not as formidable as in previous years, but will have enough to squeek past GB at home LOSS
LIONS - Trouble in Detroit and on Thanksgiving, plus an improved Lions team. LOSS
COWBOYS - More trouble in Big D as Romo defeats hometown team. LOSS
RAIDERS - Improved from 2006, but still no match for GB especially in December. WIN
RAMS - Payback for loss last year, GB pulls out victory on the Road. WIN
BEARS - Bears complete sweep of GB, no December letdown this year. LOSS
LIONS -Favre's swan song, doubtful -but if it is he goes out a winner and puts GB in playoff contention. WIN

9-7

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philadelphia - McNabb? if he is back may be 1st action will be rusty. Have played in Philly every year - WIN at home.
Giants - No Tiki, Eli still shaky, but Meadowlands tough environment. Pack WIN a nailbiter.
Vikings - Battle of good D and subpar to dysfunctional offenses, reminicent of last December @ Lambeau. Favre proves difference in low scoring contest -WIN
Bears - Favre might break TD mark in this contest, but will not prove to be enough against the still class of the division. LOSS
Redskins - See above Vikings note, with not quite as good of defense. Packers easily. WIN
Broncos - First meeting with Javon Walker. Denver will fly high in Mile High City. LOSS
Chiefs - GB has struggled with this team forever, and even moreso on the road, however Chiefs will be struggling at QB and D does not impress as in past years. A rare WIN at Arrowhead.
VIKINGS - Make it 2 over divison rival that is looking for answers(and a head coach?) WIN
PANTHERS - Not as formidable as in previous years, but will have enough to squeek past GB at home LOSS
LIONS - Trouble in Detroit and on Thanksgiving, plus an improved Lions team. LOSS
RAIDERS - Improved from 2006, but still no match for GB especially in December. WIN
LIONS -Favre's swan song, doubtful -but if it is he goes out a winner and puts GB in playoff contention. WIN

9-7

To go 10-6 on your prediction all we would need to do is beat the lions on thanksgiving.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

9-7

Nice work spardo! I hope you're wrong on the third game prediction though! :p

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
blowouts like Pats and Jets last season are ugly and tough to stomach, but in the end it's the W and L columns that matter most. what i mean by this is don't look too much into how we lost, but a loss is a loss. I think we have caught AFC west at a good time, except for chargers. Broncos have rookie qb, Chiefs are struggling and Raiders are Raiders.

I reckon Spardo is pretty right, but you'd think we should be able to squeeze 1 out of Da Bears, and we can give thanks in the best way - a win at MoTown!