1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers 2005 "Hightlight" video, and NFL films....

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Jan 13, 2006.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I sat down with Steve Sabol, of NFL films, to ask him a few questions about how they would go about putting together a "highlight" film from last season's Packers team.
    CHeesey: Steve, first, i would like to thank you for taking the time to speak to me.
    Steve Sabol: No problem Cheesey! Like i've told you before, anytime you want to chat, just let me know!
    CH: Steve, the Packers had a bad year..........how are you going to make a 28 minute "highlight" video out of that mess?
    SS: Hey Cheese.........remember........we have LOTS of expierience! We have been putting out highlight films for the Arizona Cardinals and Detroit Lions for years, so this will be easy! We figure to put 13 minutes of the halftime ceremony when they retired Reggie White's number, followed by 10 minutes of Coach......uh, excuse me, EX Coach Sherman giving his motivational half time speaches to the team...........followed by 5 minutes of actual game highlights.
    CH: Uh.........Steve..........can you get 5 minutes of highlights to show from this past season?
    SS: Heck yeah! We just run it all in SLOW MOTION!
    CH: With all the teams, how do you find time to make 32 highlight films? Isn't that a monumental task?
    SS: Not really Cheese, it can be pretty easy with some teams. For example, we had the Detroit Lions highlight film done by week 8 of last season! And with the Minnesota Vikings, it's also easy, as we can use the same audio track year after year, and just put in new video. The last line is always "And once again, the Vikings choke, and fall just short of their Super Bowl aspirations." With the Arizona Cardinals, it's REALLY easy...........we just put a blank VHS tape in the box! We figure no one is going to watch it anyway, and IF they do, they will probably be happier to have a blank tape to record an episode of "Matlock" or something. We have been doing that for 10 years, and have yet to have a complaint. With the Oakland Raiders, all we do is record an episode of "COPS" and their fans don't know the difference! besides........there's a good chance one of the Raiders might be ON the tape!
    CH: Well, once again, thank you Steve for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us in on the "inside" of NFL films!
    SS: No problem Cheesey! Anytime!

And thus ended my chat with Mr. Sabol..........yeah.........THATS the ticket!!! :wink:

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Re: Packers 2005 "Hightlight" video, and NFL films

Cheesey needs to find himself a job...

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Now Ryan.........would you RATHER come on here, and read the SAME OLD stuff? Anguish over who the Packers fired........or hired.........or might fire or hire.....who might come back, who might not? Wouldn't you like a small place to escape from REALITY for a short while???
    Well.........thats ME!
    If you don't want me to write anymore of my goofy stuff, i'll stop. I don't want to tick you off! Just let me know, and i will (In the immortal words of "Archie Bunker").........STIFLE myself.

4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Heck no, I think it's funny, and yes it certainly provides an escape from the norm. Write as you would like!

5. PACKATTACK4

PACKATTACK4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I liked it Cheese, very funny and clever.

6. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Classic!! Thanks for the laughs Cheesey

7. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Cheesey should have his own comedy column, Ryan. ;)

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

LOLOL Ryan! I had a feeling that might be your answer.........but wanted to be SURE!
    And THANK YOU Packattack4, Edder, and Rabidgopher!
    It's funny......sometimes this stuff just pops into my head (there'a alot of vacant space up there) and i have to write it down! So i "torture" you guys and gals with my goofy look at things.
    When i was in college in 1991, we had an assignment where we had to get in groups of 3 to tackle the assignment. It was a film strip, with audio. Well, i wrote the whole thing, did the voice over (cause the one guy i was working with was deaf, so i did his lines too) and the 3rd person did the photography. EVERYONE in the class clapped and laughed through the whole thing, while, quite frankly, the rest of the presentations were boring. When they turned up the lights, my professor said to me (in front of the whole class) "You know..........sometimes it PAYS to have someone in your group with only ONE foot in reality!!!" The whole class broke up! I just turned red, and laughed too! (We got an "A" for it! The ONLY one that did!)

9. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

ahhh yes - a healthy shmearing of cheese - isn't that in the new "food pyramid"??? roflmao - fantabooolus posts, buddy!!

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

LOL hey cheesy, I'm all for your jokes (IF WE CAN CALL THEM THAT....:-?):p. Its nice to have an escape from the norm, as Ryan said. Keep up the good (or pathetic :wink: ) atempt. :)

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

pathetic??? PATHETIC!?!?!? (Where's my dictionary............)

4pack..........i pretty much am in the SHAPE of a pyramid..............
    EVERYTHING is better with a "shmear" of CHEESEY on it!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

12. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

LOL!!!! :lol:

The first time I've laughed out loud at one of your jokes, and in the middle of a busy day at the house too! (sigh) Oh well, there is a first time for everthing. :wink:

Now my only problem, people think I'm messed up because I seemingly laugh for no reason. :-?

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

It's the first time you UNDERSTOOD one of my jokes!!!! :lol:

Uh.....allabout........i hate to break it to you..........they thought you were "messed up" LONG before you started laughing for seemingly no reason!!! :wink: :lol:

But i'll type SLOWER so you can understand! LOLOLOL!!! :lol:
    (I break me up!) :D

14. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Cheesey should have his own comedy career.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Hey PC!!! It's funny, cause every year at deer camp, my brother in law says "You missed your calling! You should have been a comedian!" I always get them laughing!
    Too me, thats one of the most fun things........to make someone laugh.

If i make one person smile today, make their day a little lighter,then i still have a purpose in life.

Like i state in my siggy below...........

16. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Ok cheesey, you made my day.Now if only the cable will not go out today so I can watch the other games. :pray: :beer: :kickcan:

17. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

That is the way to go cheesey.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Yup Eastcoast and PC!
    When i do finally breathe my last breath, i hope i go with a SMILE on my face like my Grandpa did.......................not like the other 3 people in his car that were SCREAMING!!! LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

19. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I love the cheesey posts!

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

As ELVIS would say............"Thank you! Thank you very much!"

(Cheesey has LEFT the building...........................)

21. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Cheesey, I made the mistake of opening this post before realizing you had written it. therefore I have broken my vow to never open another thread by you. Just to let you know I hate your posts with the fire of a thousand suns. I would rather pleasure myself with a hand full of broken glass than to read another one of your posts. Apparently some people are into the whole pleasure is pain thing and because of that I say by all means continue with your cheeseiness. I will continue to try and avoid you like the plague as the only other solution would be to drown myself in the toilet. As I'm sure you and others enjoy your posts and you are fun to mess with, please don't let me keeping my distance make you refrain from your head shaking humor. Have a nice day.

22. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

ouch.

23. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!! life's too freakin short to NOT have fun!!!! :rotflmao:

24. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Now that's not that difficult. Just take a look at the column that contains the author of the post. If you see the letters C, e (3x), h, s and y in the right order to make the name "Cheesey" you should avoid clicking on that post. (Ch)Easy, isn't it? :lol:

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Now Harald........go EASY on "big3"......you HAVE to remember......he's a LIONS FAN! Putting all those letters together might be too difficult for him!
    Big3..........while you are drowning yourself in the toilet...........maybe you can go "bobbing for turds!" LOLOL!!!
    And...........while you are "pleasuring" yourself with a handfull of broken glass, i just HAVE to ask..........WHAT do you THINK about????(Maybe the LIONS playoff history! After all, that HAS to be painful TOO!)
    Face it.......you MUST be into that "Whole pleasure is pain thing" you wrote about, you are a LIONS fan!!!
    So why NOT read my posts..........you MUST be a masochist already!!! :lol: