Packers 1st round draft pick >>>

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 NFL.com guys - 2 had the Pack taking Channing Crowder LB , Florida , the other had us taking David Baas G/C , Michigan .

We need defense , Crowder sounds good.

GO PACK :feedback:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like Kevin Burnett or Brodney Poole... for up front...

I'll take Shazor even with a broken wrist... He'll heal..
A decent STRONG SAFETY would be something to focus on....

Remember in '96 - We had both Mike Prior & LeRoy Butler out there...?

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say either Channing Crowder or Shazor. But i would most likey choose Shazor because we need a SS who can start right away and make an impact.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has to be either Crowder or Thomas Davis (if he drops down). Since the teams that were looking for safeties either signed back their own players or signed free agents, Davis seems more and more to be a possibility. People say he's the hardest hitter in this years draft.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question for everyone - even the Vikings fans.. or any other Team Fans for that matter...

Do we have any web site that is tracking which players are needed most on each Team?

I can create a table of sorts over on my web site for us to track...
It should help us see (in advance) which players are more likely to be available...

Agreed? Why should the just sporting web sites get all the fun...?

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when did shazor break his wrist? shouldn't that allow him to slip and we could try to snag him in the 2nd?

davis and shazor side by side back there? :D

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Thomas is available in the 1st it would be great to take him. If Shazor is available in the 2nd I'd take him too. But I'd still like to see a couple of crafty vets signed for secuirity and for the young'uns to learn from.

If they get Channing and Shazor I think I'll be happy with that also. :lol:

SwissCheezhead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really doubt Thomas Davis will fall to us in round 1. I think we'll be forced to reach for Brodney Pool, which would be okay with me. Crowder MIGHT be there if the Seahawks pass on him, but I still think we need a safety more.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SwissCheezhead said:
I really doubt Thomas Davis will fall to us in round 1. I think we'll be forced to reach for Brodney Pool, which would be okay with me. Crowder MIGHT be there if the Seahawks pass on him, but I still think we need a safety more.

Hey don't hex it!!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crowder has had several knee operations in the past and has some character concerns as well. I don't think he's worth the risk. I'd rather see us go for a safety, Davis or Pool, in the first round and pick up a linebacker in the second round. There had been mention in the past about the Packers interest in the linebacker from San Diego State, Kirk Morrison who sounded like he could play the Mike position so Barnett could be moved outside.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm almost as excited about our two 2nd round picks as our 1st round pick. The draft isn't supposed to be as good at the beginning of round one, but it's supposed to be deeper going into the 2nd round.

Hopefully we can get some 1st round talent at 2nd round prices in the 2nd round.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack is in a position where they could take the best avail player. You guys have to fill needs as well as draft for depth. I would say that across the board any position at that pick would suffice.

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
The Pack is in a position where they could take the best avail player. You guys have to fill needs as well as draft for depth. I would say that across the board any position at that pick would suffice.

I hope TT see it that way, also....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Question for everyone - even the Vikings fans.. or any other Team Fans for that matter...

Do we have any web site that is tracking which players are needed most on each Team?

I can create a table of sorts over on my web site for us to track...
It should help us see (in advance) which players are more likely to be available...

Agreed? Why should the just sporting web sites get all the fun...?

NONE of you guys interested in this? Anyone find anything?

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, S, Poole seems like the consensus on a number of Mock Drafts I've seen recently. I like Brandon Browner, CB - S, from Oregon State better. He has better size, 6'4, and can probably add some weight and be more of a force (Chuck Cecil) than Poole. Browner is rated more of a 2nd rd selection though. I'd still like to see GB trade their 1st rd pick in order to move up into the top half of rd 2 where there is more value. I don't see too many players GB could use or want @ #24. A trade w/ the Browns might be an option? It would be nice to have their early 2nd and 3rd picks; what would it take? Keeping the 24th pick seems to lock GB into players like: Poole, Roth, Crowder maybe Tuck or a CB. Unless Bates/TT think there's a CB who they could convert to a good Safety, using the 24th pick on these guys seems like a reach. I like Roth, but not in GB's scheme

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At that height and with adding some weight - wouldn't they rather stick him in as a Tight-End, instead? I suppose it would depend on the speed..... My htinking is you don't want... a heav-ier Safety out there.. you need one with capable speed & ability to "jump" to get that INT ...ala LeRoy Butler.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow... No one predicted Aaron Rodgers? LOL

not counting the guy that said BPA.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some guys were wanting Shazor with the 1st pick?
Had to google him, the guy went undrafted!

Thanks for not listening to our ramblings, TT. You da man.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure, but I believe when this thread was made, Rodgers was thought to be a lock for the top 10, maybe even #1 overall.

Pimpin for Shazor though is hilarious!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love finding random posts like this. And yeah I had no idea what player they were talking about either.

Members online

Latest posts